ADVERTISEMENT

ISU vs Memphis

Memphis receivers might be the biggest floppers in CFB. That last flop was hilarious....ISU defender was no where close

Reactions: WhoaNellieCy
Great job by Clones. Maybe now all their fans can talk about that game as opposed to Iowa. They had more posts on the Iowa bowl game and how lucky we were than their upcoming game. Little brother always.

Reactions: Bobhaywood
Great job by Clones. Maybe now all their fans can talk about that game as opposed to Iowa. They had more posts on the Iowa bowl game and how lucky we were than their upcoming game. Little brother always.

And you say this at the end of a 3 page thread here about....Iowa State's bowl game? The irony.

Its a rivalry, both schools watch the other closely in big games for the most part...that's no more true at ISU than at Iowa. Iowa has been the stronger program over the years...so no doubt ISU and its fans have a nice chip on their shoulder and went to outperform Iowa. Just as Iowa and most of its fans would like to see ISU knocked down a peg so they can quit worrying and watching over their shoulder. That's what rivalries are like.

Reactions: Foxclone
Great ISU victory. Fun game to watch. Happy for Lazard, Lanning and their teammates. Looking forward to future encounters with the Clones. You can be certain JJ and the other Hawk seniors were happy with the ISU bowl win.

Not rooting for ISU or an ISU fan but they got screwed on that fumble call. He was clearly across the line before he lost the ball. Incompetent and wildly inconsistent officiating at both the college and pro levels is starting to ruin watching the games for me.
Montgomery was fumbling the ball from the moment he took the handoff. Never had control of it

Mesa - I don't recall multiple pages on this board before the game on ISU. Look at your own board. Jesus. You guys are obsessed. Not a rivalry. An obsession. More posts on Iowa football recruiting at CF than ISU football and basketball recruiting combined. It is sad. So stop.

Mesa - I don't recall multiple pages on this board before the game on ISU. Look at your own board. Jesus. You guys are obsessed. Not a rivalry. An obsession. More posts on Iowa football recruiting at CF than ISU football and basketball recruiting combined. It is sad. So stop.

As I said, we're the underdog rising from the ashes...so yes, many fans are focused on catching up to and surpassing our in state rival. And its a rivalry, whether you want to pretend otherwise or not...I don't see a 3 page thread here about Minnesota's bowl game....or Northwesterns....but there sure as $hit is one about ISU's bowl. And there's no shortage of Iowa fans who focus all their hate on ISU...you can see it on any of the main boards if you look. And all that is fine, that's how rivalries are supposed to be.

For my part, I root hard for Iowa whenever they're not playing ISU...always have and always will. Heck, I'm an alumni of U of I...so you'll find no hate here...so I'm able to be a bit more impartial in assessing how the two fan bases behave.

Here' s the real truth about both fan bases...they're the same. One group are fans of a team that has had a strong program for years...the other are fans of a program that has struggled mightily during that time. Switch the roles, and the fans in both cases react precisely the same way as their counterparts do.

Dumb announcers. Down 1, 5:10 left, 3 timeouts and they should let them score. You’d have to score a Td and convert 2 point conversion. Why not hold and win with a FG or TD.

That was former coach Tubberville with that brilliance

As I said, we're the underdog rising from the ashes...so yes, many fans are focused on catching up to and surpassing our in state rival. And its a rivalry, whether you want to pretend otherwise or not...I don't see a 3 page thread here about Minnesota's bowl game....or Northwesterns....but there sure as $hit is one about ISU's bowl. And there's no shortage of Iowa fans who focus all their hate on ISU...you can see it on any of the main boards if you look. And all that is fine, that's how rivalries are supposed to be.

For my part, I root hard for Iowa whenever they're not playing ISU...always have and always will. Heck, I'm an alumni of U of I...so you'll find no hate here...so I'm able to be a bit more impartial in assessing how the two fan bases behave.

Here' s the real truth about both fan bases...they're the same. One group are fans of a team that has had a strong program for years...the other are fans of a program that has struggled mightily during that time. Switch the roles, and the fans in both cases react precisely the same way as their counterparts do.
Wrong, CF is the most delusional bunch of homers ever. Cytwins & 1976 both desperately need an ass kicking.

Well said Mesa. Don't judge just by on site CF. Good season for both teams and I am excited about the future for Iowa State.

Last edited:
Wrong, CF is the most delusional bunch of homers ever. Cytwins & 1976 both desperately need an ass kicking.

Its hard to see with blinders on...there are people on Iowa sites who need the same ass kicking. Some on EVERY site. As for delusion, that's never in short supply on the Iowa sites either...in the same proportion as you'll find it on ISU sites.

Reactions: Foxclone
Mesa - I understand what u are saying. 2 things. First, watch the obsession by CyTwins and others on CF. Second, be a Hawk fan living in Ankeny. Those flags only fly when they beat Iowa.

Mesa - I understand what u are saying. 2 things. First, watch the obsession by CyTwins and others on CF. Second, be a Hawk fan living in Ankeny. Those flags only fly when they beat Iowa.

I'm not going to defend idiots...there are plenty of them and it would become a full time job for me. I'm just saying, if you think Iowa doesn't match up one for one...that's the fan in you talking. My own brother and many of my friends are diehard Hawkeyes...and its never been anything but a goodnatured rivalry. We joke and give each other a hard time...get mad when our team loses...but that's it. Its a game, not life. Anyone who "hates" the other side is a moron...and people who obsess about either team need to get out more. Its SUPPOSED to be fun.

Montgomery was fumbling the ball from the moment he took the handoff. Never had control of it

Montgomery clearly regained possession of the ball after the initial juggling. It was hard to get the best angle for replay but he was probably 1-2 feet into the endzone before the fumble. They could have matched the angles to overrule. It was a horrible call.

In the heat of the moment (with my Cardinal + Gold goggles on) I sat in disbelief over both "the fumble" and the "pass interference" calls. A couple of hours later, I still can't comprehend how either (let alone both) calls went the way they did.

Any fan of any team would cry foul if it were their team on the wrong end of it.

I dont want to be the type to claim a conspiracy exists against Iowa State, but it is hard to comprehend why officials call what they do sometimes. The three penalties that were overturned vs K State still puzzzle me. Its a hard job, but replay should eliminate some of the difficulty.

I"m happy ISU was still able to win. Great win. Great season. Looking forward to next year.

Reactions: WhoaNellieCy
That "high power" b12 offense looked great vs a mediocre Memphis team lol.

Anyone who thought memphis was a top 25 team is flat out nuts!

giphy.gif

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
In the heat of the moment (with my Cardinal + Gold goggles on) I sat in disbelief over both "the fumble" and the "pass interference" calls. A couple of hours later, I still can't comprehend how either (let alone both) calls went the way they did.

Any fan of any team would cry foul if it were their team on the wrong end of it.

I dont want to be the type to claim a conspiracy exists against Iowa State, but it is hard to comprehend why officials call what they do sometimes. The three penalties that were overturned vs K State still puzzzle me. Its a hard job, but replay should eliminate some of the difficulty.

I"m happy ISU was still able to win. Great win. Great season. Looking forward to next year.
What about the weak roughing the passer call on the interception that then led to a TD.

Congratulations to lil brother on your historic 8-5 season culminating in an epic victory over that blue blood program Memphis. Probably the greatest season in the history of your legendary program.

tenor.gif

Wrong, he regained it long enough for the td. And yeah the announcers were bad and said some crazy crap

True that. But it wasn't called a TD and needed indisputable evidence. Apparently not enough to overturn. The Announcers DUMB and DUMBER sounded great with the volume turned down.

Reactions: Kurt Warner
Wrong, he regained it long enough for the td. And yeah the announcers were bad and said some crazy crap

How did the replay specifically show he gained full control? He may have, but I don't believe any angle of that replay showed 100% that he gained full control. In fact if he did, I do not believe he would have ended up fumbling it. Montgomery doesn't fumble if he has full control imo. Doesn't matter. What does matter is ISU overcame and won. That's what good teams do!

Agreed MepoDawg. ISU was very fortunate on that one. Again, officials have a difficult job. Roughing the passer is often a judgment call. Even my biased viewpoint tbought that was a clean play. Big play/call in the game.

Wasn't roughing the passer, then threw up a prayer and got a gift.
Ya good point champ, I had Memphis "1 up" in the controversial calls.

Good to see karma even things out with the pre-game bush league press conference and their wide receivers "flopping" on several occassions. lol

I'm not going to defend idiots...there are plenty of them and it would become a full time job for me. I'm just saying, if you think Iowa doesn't match up one for one...that's the fan in you talking. My own brother and many of my friends are diehard Hawkeyes...and its never been anything but a goodnatured rivalry. We joke and give each other a hard time...get mad when our team loses...but that's it. Its a game, not life. Anyone who "hates" the other side is a moron...and people who obsess about either team need to get out more. Its SUPPOSED to be fun.

I agree. A lot of people need to grow the (bleep) up.

I don't care about the rivalry. As much losing as Iowa State has endured these past few years, as a human being you have to be happy for the Iowa State seniors who get to end their football careers on a positive note.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT