ADVERTISEMENT

Johnson decries Olympic opener for mocking christianity

I didn't see the performance and was unaware of anything regarding it until reading it on here. I also felt no need to go through 5 pages of partisan bickering only to be reminded that the speaker of the House is a devout Christian Nationalist who will take every opportunity to whine about how oppressed and targeted Christians are in this world. It's embarrassing.

I don't think it was only Johnson who was upset. I think a lot of people were and Johnson just jumped on that train. The Catholic church who's HQ is in Rome also found it offensive.

Looking at the pictures initially it looked like a mocking of Da Vinchi's painting. Now after hearing their explanation I can take that at face value but I would also feel as though if they really had no intention of insulting anyone's religion as they claim they did why no one there had the foresight to think that this far less famous painting could easily be confused for The Last Supper. I mean if all the people on here were as well educated and knowledgeable about art history as they pretend to be they would know that The Last Supper inspired Le Festin des Dieux and the two have very clear similarities.

This really isn't a black and white thing IMO. I really reject the whole "they are out to get us" mantra that many Christians have taken on. And I can see were they were trying to re-create Le Festin des Dieux. I can also look at it and say that it takes a certain level of incompetence to not consider how it might be interpreted by others.

And Le Festin des Dieux is not a super famous painting. If it was it would be in the Louvre. I doubt many if any people on here were aware of it's existence until this happened but as soon as they read about it ran and started calling Christians uneducated for having the same ignorance of it.

Notice how con pissants such @RicoSuave102954 and @KFsdisciple turn to personal bullying because their arguments don’t hold water. What they don’t understand is that they are in the minority and we are ready to let them know who has the real power.
If you think you have any real power. I would like to see you try and take my land, money and other assets. Just try it and see what happens to you and your Marxist buddies.

I didn't start out that way. I've just reciprocated the treatment I've received. Golden rule... I'm no victim. Even in this thread the worst thing I said was Torbee was being a snotty elitist and pointed out this his profession has a low approval rating (factual) Trust in the media is currently quite low in the United States. According to a recent Gallup poll, only 7% of Americans have “a great deal” of trust in the media.

He responded with GFY and glue eating. I don't see you calling him out though. Hypocrite birds of a feather and all.
I could explain the difference. Hopefully you and others with similar mindsets come to realize that.

If you think you have any real power. I would like to see you try and take my land, money and other assets. Just try it and see what happens to you and your Marxist buddies.

Phuck I’m glad you’re still here. Was worried all the simps to punch down on were gone after seeing H4aD gone. @LunchBox50 - I’m not sure there’s ever been a better set up.

Phuck I’m glad you’re still here. Was worried all the simps to punch down on were gone after seeing H4aD gone. @LunchBox50 - I’m not sure there’s ever been a better set up.
Nice to see that you’re back from your little bicycle trip. You probably had more fun at night going from tent to tent jerking off random strangers.

• Haha
Reactions: KFsdisciple
The French are still pissed at the world because the German Army marched into Paris without firing a shot.

second-world-war-german-troops-marching-into-paris-14061940-C46XR6.jpg

THAT'S RIGHT, HITMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!! LET'S SEE IF ANY OF YOU BETA CUCK LOONY LIB RADICAL MARXISTS HAVE DA FOOKIN BALLS TO COME TO SOUTHERN CLAYOTN COUNTY AND TRY TO TAKE DA HAWKEYE FOOKIN HITMAN'S LAND AND MONEY AND ASSETS LIKE HIS GARAGE FRIDGE FULL OF ICE COLD CANS OF SPRITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU LIBTAHDS WOULD GET STOMPED INTO DUST BY DA HITMAN AND GO BACK TO DA INTERSTATE BATHHOUSES CRYING LIKE BABIES OVER DA AZZ KICKIN YOU JUST GOT!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL DA SEMEN AND SOY IN DA WORLD WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER AND DA BERNIE AND DA SQUAD AND DA KAMALALALA AND DA SLOW JOE AND DA CHE GUEVARA WON'T BE ABLE TO PROTECT YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MAYBE ME AND DA HITMAN WILL ROUND YOU LOSAHS UP AND HAVE YOU GET STARTED BUILDING DA BRIDGE TO CASSVILLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice to see that you’re back from your little bicycle trip. You probably had more fun at night going from tent to tent jerking off random strangers.
DA @Hawki97 TOTALLY JERKS HIS MEAT IN DA TENTS AFTER RIDING DA MARXISTS BIKE RIDE KNOW AS RAGBRAI!!!!!!!!!!! YOU MARXIST LIB LOSAHS ARE BUSY TRYING TO BE DA BEST AT EXERCISE WHILE DA HITMAN IS PLAYING REAL SPORTS AND CRUSH ICE COLD CANS OF SPRITE AFTERWARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I BET DA BERNIE AND DA SQUAD AND DA KAMALALALALA AND DA CHE GUEVARA WOULD LIKE TO DO RAGBRAIN AND BE BETA CUCK RADICAL LOONS LIKE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHILE YOU WERE RIDING BIKES AND STOPING IN DA INTERSTATE BATHHOUSES TO EAT SEMEN AND SOY, REAL PATRIOT AMERICAN ALPHA DAWGS LIKE ME AND DA HAWKEYE FOOKIN HITMAN WERE WORKING AND MAKING MONEY AND SPREADING DA MAGA AGENDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE DON'T LET MARXIST RAGBRAI COME THROUGH SOUTHERN CLAYTON COUNTY, AT LEAST NOT UNTIL WE GET DA FOOKIN BRIDGE TO CASSVILLE BUILT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUT WE CAN'T BUILD IT BECAUSE THEY KEEP GIVING DA MONEY TO DA POORS AND DA ILLEGALS AND DA UKRAINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or you could just leave and beat off to John Oliver.
OH DAMN DA HITMAN DELIVERS ANOTHAH KILL SHOT TO DA MARXIST LOSAHS ON DA HBOT!!!!!!!!!!!!! AREN'T YOU LIBTAHDS TIRED OF GETTING OWNED BY BIG BRAINS LIKE DA HITMAN AND DA LUNCHBOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL WE DO IS WORK HARD, MAKE MILLIONS, LOG ON TO DA HBOT, AND SMACK AROUND DA BETA CUCK RADICAL LEFTISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TOO BAD YOU GUYS WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO BE AS SUCCESSFUL AS DA HITMAN, WHO OWNS LAND IN SOUTHERN CLAYTON COUNTY, CRUSHES ICE COLD CANS OF SPRITE, BANGS HAWT MILFS, AND TOTALLY DOESN'T JACK OFF TO TV HOSTS LIKE DA JOHN OLIVAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DA HITMAN IS TOO BUSY SAVING DA COUNTRY WITH DA TRUMP TO WASTE TIME ON DA BERNIE AND DA SQUAD AND DA KAMALALALA AND DA CHE GUEVARA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MAYBE WHEN YOU LIBS ARE DONE BEATIN DA MEAT TO JOHN OLIVAH, YOU CAN GO HIDE IN DA INTERSTATE BATHHOUSES AND SLURP DOWN SOME SEMEN AND SOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ME AND DA HITMAN WILL BE OVER HERE GETTING DA CASSVILLE BRIDGE CONSTRUCTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This coming from a guy who has never spent anytime in the real world. Your self-esteem is low because you can’t prove for yourself. You’re a useless shut in who spends all day on the internet beating off to Aaron Rupar articles. You always think you’re the smartest person in the room when in reality you’re just an insufferable dipshit.
NOT ONLY IS DA TORBEE'S SELF ESTEEM LOW, HE HAS LOW T BECAUSE HE'S A RADICAL LEFIST MARXISTS WHO BEATS DA MEAT TO DA BERNIE AND DA SQUAD AND DA KAMALALALA AND DA CHE GUEVERA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE'S A SHUT IN WHO ONLY LEAVES DA HOUSE TO GO TO DA INTERSTATE BATHHOUSES AND EAT SEMEN AND SOY AND LAB MEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE DOESN'T EVEN WASH THAT DOWN WITH ICE COLD CANS OF SPRITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MAYBE HE SHOULD QUIT BEING DA INSUFFERABLE LOSAH AND TRY TO FOCUS ON IMPORTANT THINGS LIKE MAKING MONEY AND WORKING HARD AND BUILDING A BRIDGE TO CASSVILLE SO DA PEOPLE IN SOUTHERN CLAYTON COUNTY CAN GET TO WISCONSIN FASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DA TORBEE'S WOMAN TOTALLY IS FILLED WITH SHAME AND WISHES SHE HAD A REAL MAN LIKE DA FOOKIN HITMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH DAMN DA HITMAN DELIVERS ANOTHAH KILL SHOT TO DA MARXIST LOSAHS ON DA HBOT!!!!!!!!!!!!! AREN'T YOU LIBTAHDS TIRED OF GETTING OWNED BY BIG BRAINS LIKE DA HITMAN AND DA LUNCHBOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL WE DO IS WORK HARD, MAKE MILLIONS, LOG ON TO DA HBOT, AND SMACK AROUND DA BETA CUCK RADICAL LEFTISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TOO BAD YOU GUYS WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO BE AS SUCCESSFUL AS DA HITMAN, WHO OWNS LAND IN SOUTHERN CLAYTON COUNTY, CRUSHES ICE COLD CANS OF SPRITE, BANGS HAWT MILFS, AND TOTALLY DOESN'T JACK OFF TO TV HOSTS LIKE DA JOHN OLIVAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DA HITMAN IS TOO BUSY SAVING DA COUNTRY WITH DA TRUMP TO WASTE TIME ON DA BERNIE AND DA SQUAD AND DA KAMALALALA AND DA CHE GUEVARA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MAYBE WHEN YOU LIBS ARE DONE BEATIN DA MEAT TO JOHN OLIVAH, YOU CAN GO HIDE IN DA INTERSTATE BATHHOUSES AND SLURP DOWN SOME SEMEN AND SOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ME AND DA HITMAN WILL BE OVER HERE GETTING DA CASSVILLE BRIDGE CONSTRUCTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NOT ONLY IS DA TORBEE'S SELF ESTEEM LOW, HE HAS LOW T BECAUSE HE'S A RADICAL LEFIST MARXISTS WHO BEATS DA MEAT TO DA BERNIE AND DA SQUAD AND DA KAMALALALA AND DA CHE GUEVERA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE'S A SHUT IN WHO ONLY LEAVES DA HOUSE TO GO TO DA INTERSTATE BATHHOUSES AND EAT SEMEN AND SOY AND LAB MEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE DOESN'T EVEN WASH THAT DOWN WITH ICE COLD CANS OF SPRITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MAYBE HE SHOULD QUIT BEING DA INSUFFERABLE LOSAH AND TRY TO FOCUS ON IMPORTANT THINGS LIKE MAKING MONEY AND WORKING HARD AND BUILDING A BRIDGE TO CASSVILLE SO DA PEOPLE IN SOUTHERN CLAYTON COUNTY CAN GET TO WISCONSIN FASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DA TORBEE'S WOMAN TOTALLY IS FILLED WITH SHAME AND WISHES SHE HAD A REAL MAN LIKE DA FOOKIN HITMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DA @Hawki97 TOTALLY JERKS HIS MEAT IN DA TENTS AFTER RIDING DA MARXISTS BIKE RIDE KNOW AS RAGBRAI!!!!!!!!!!! YOU MARXIST LIB LOSAHS ARE BUSY TRYING TO BE DA BEST AT EXERCISE WHILE DA HITMAN IS PLAYING REAL SPORTS AND CRUSH ICE COLD CANS OF SPRITE AFTERWARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I BET DA BERNIE AND DA SQUAD AND DA KAMALALALALA AND DA CHE GUEVARA WOULD LIKE TO DO RAGBRAIN AND BE BETA CUCK RADICAL LOONS LIKE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHILE YOU WERE RIDING BIKES AND STOPING IN DA INTERSTATE BATHHOUSES TO EAT SEMEN AND SOY, REAL PATRIOT AMERICAN ALPHA DAWGS LIKE ME AND DA HAWKEYE FOOKIN HITMAN WERE WORKING AND MAKING MONEY AND SPREADING DA MAGA AGENDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE DON'T LET MARXIST RAGBRAI COME THROUGH SOUTHERN CLAYTON COUNTY, AT LEAST NOT UNTIL WE GET DA FOOKIN BRIDGE TO CASSVILLE BUILT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUT WE CAN'T BUILD IT BECAUSE THEY KEEP GIVING DA MONEY TO DA POORS AND DA ILLEGALS AND DA UKRAINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just glorious. I mean, works of art. Absolutely top notch HORT.

British have been using that word for decades to refer to cigs settle down Francis, its a word, and there's plenty worse words than that.
The excuses some of you guys will resort to is always amusing. The poster in this case is using the word as a gay slur, and yet here you are going 'WELL ACKCHYUALLY..." like you're some kind of serious intellectual.

The excuses some of you guys will resort to is always amusing. The poster in this case is using the word as a gay slur, and yet here you are going 'WELL ACKCHYUALLY..." like you're some kind of serious intellectual.
I'll let you in on a little secret, words only have the power you give them. Perhaps you could provide the rest of us the words we can't say on HBOT so others can feel safe and unoffended.

Reactions: RicoSuave102954
I'll let you in on a little secret, words only have the power you give them. Perhaps you could provide the rest of us the words we can't say on HBOT so others can feel safe and unoffended.
So if you had a child come home and they had been called any number of slurs or other awful things, your answer would be "STFU, they're just words." And if your children started using those words, because you clearly are cool with that from what I can tell by your defense, and someone questioned it, your answer would be "STFU, they're just words."

Maybe I'm just a radical Marxist, but I expect more from people than to defend that kind of language being tossed around.

So if you had a child come home and they had been called any number of slurs or other awful things, your answer would be "STFU, they're just words." And if your children started using those words, because you clearly are cool with that from what I can tell by your defense, and someone questioned it, your answer would be "STFU, they're just words."

Maybe I'm just a radical Marxist, but I expect more from people than to defend that kind of language being tossed around.
No, my answer wouldn't be STFU... my response would be, why does it bother you? If someone called one of my daughters friends a redskin...and that somehow upset them, first I'd ask what do you know about the history of the use of the word? Was your friend upset? If yes, I hope you asked them why, and learned why that was upsetting to them, if they weren't upset then you don't need to be either, just be smart enough not say it either.

So my question is, who in the display do you know was upset that a guy on a message board called them that? If you assume they all would be upset by it, then my question would be why does it bother you, the phrase wasn't directed toward you. Do you listen to rap music are you offended by bitches, hoes, and n*99@s in song?

Reactions: RicoSuave102954
Let’s be real, those most publicly “offended” by this don’t really care. They’re too busy trying to figure out how to get refunds for their **** Joe Biden gear.

Maybe in the US but this has caused controversy outside of the US.

If we take it at face value it was a major blunder to not recognize how a painting inspired by The Last Supper could be confused for it given that The Last Supper is far more famous.

If one is more cynical than you might think that this less famous painting was used as cover to purposefully create the controversy and to try to then imply people are stupid for not being aware of this random painting that is stuck in a relatively unknown art museum in Dijon.

When I first learned of the painting I really thought maybe I really was just ignorant of this paintings place in art history. But I read the very short Wikipedia article on it and how it was not in Paris in the largest most famous art museum in the world but instead in Dijon it kind of pissed me off how many people rushed to call anyone who was offended ignorant as though they totally know about this painting til it was cited by the media.

That quite frankly is more insulting than the controversy.

They don't have the guts to, just ask the German Army

To be fair Charlie Hebdo insulted Islam and was violently attacked.

I have come to believe that respecting other people's religious beliefs is not considered a value in France. Because I thought the insults Charlie Hebdo did against Muslims was pretty douchey. They certainly didn't deserve violence for it but still.

Reactions: BrianNole777
To be fair Charlie Hebdo insulted Islam and was violently attacked.

I have come to believe that respecting other people's religious beliefs is not considered a value in France. Because I thought the insults Charlie Hebdo did against Muslims was pretty douchey. They certainly didn't deserve violence for it but still.
For sure some of the Islamic world reacts much too strongly over portrayals of Mohammed. Do you think the Christian community should adopt a similar approach?

Artists and others have been tweaking organized religion for centuries.

For sure some of the Islamic world reacts much too strongly over portrayals of Mohammed. Do you think the Christian community should adopt a similar approach?

Artists and others have been tweaking organized religion for centuries.

No I don't think they should respond with violence.

I also think it's a douche move to needlessly insult someone's faith.

No I don't think they should respond with violence.

I also think it's a douche move to needlessly insult someone's faith.

Sorry if this derails the conversation, but I'm honestly curious and understand you might not want to get further into this. Do you find Monty Python's religion themed skits and films to be offensive?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT