ADVERTISEMENT

Jordan Bohannon News

Everyone loved JBO when he was draining GW 3’s. I can copy and paste 2018 - 19 board posts if anyone disagrees?

Now the kid mentions coming back....and he is regarded as a pariah by most??

Not a fan of his Twitter posts, but this kid worked his ass off after hip surgery to be there for Hawkeye nation. Has anyone on this board attempted to come back from hip surgery to play D1 basketball? Doubtful...

Although I am in agreement that JBO coming back provides a disservice to JT, Ulis, and possibly Perkins, but after all he is still JBO right?

I understand the Tweets makes him hard to love, but geezus is he not one of the all-time Hawkeye greats?

Truly I am indifferent as to him possibly coming back. This decision may not rest with the senate, but rather fall into the hands of the person who just received an extended contract to keep our rafters empty of banners.

Let’s keep our focus as to who is to blame for this season’s bust. It is not JBO.....

First off it will have been three years ago since we were loving him on the message boards, we live in a what have you done lately world.
Secondly, why are we supposed to give him a pass that he worked his butt off after hip surgery? Are players supposed to play slower because he has slowed down from his injury?
Last but not least, if he’s not to blame for last seasons bust, who is to blame? He put up a big ole goose egg in what many of us wished was his last game as a Hawkeye.

Reactions: anon_b29nm7v7dwp6r
Does anyone think Fran wouldn’t want him back? And if Fran thinks the team would be better with him back, does everyone here think they know more than Fran about basketball? I’m kind of surprised at the responses. I think Jordan was still hampered by injuries a lot this year and he still made 3rd team All-Big10.
You're surprised at the responses? Iowa could play their best, beat a ranked team and you could come in here after the game and most of the board would find it not good enough for one reason or another.

I agree with everything you posted and if JBo can earn his spots, come on down...... I'm sure JBo was not satisfied with his performance last year and thought all along he might still have lingering problems with health and rust.

Coiuld we not scare off any more players for awhile? It's obvious Nunge reads this stuff. JBo too.

So is he saying he is only interested in coming back to make money off of his likeness for being an Iowa basketball player? Definitely not the same as Luka’s motivation to return to try to win it all and do something special as a team.

I appreciate everything JBO has contributed but as others have said I think it is time to move on.
If he wants money, just go pro.

LOL! IF he comes back, he'll play as much as he did this year if Fran allows his return, and no doubt in my mind Fran will allow it if it comes to that. I would be absolutely stunned if he cut his minutes.

I don't think Frans stupid enough to bring him back.

Jbro wouldn't fit in at all with a team that is going to need to have a defensive identity.

Hed risk losing Ulis and that would be a disaster

I think Fran felt obligated to play him this year despite him mostly being a liability but the debt is paid.

I...I don’t want him to come back for another year. I know some will be butt hurt by that opinion but it’s just time to move on imo
Put me in the camp of hoping he's just done. I'm not really interested in him coming back, because he needs a platform to keep pushing his agenda, and that's what his season was about. The only thing I will remember about his performance in the tournament after an embarrassing early exit is him crying about gift bags. He gave some great years and provided some great excitement most of his career, but it seemed like his whole season was about self-promotion.

The real question is how many of you would buy stuff he could profit off of or offer him advertising/endorsement deals? No one outside one half of Iowa knows or cares anything about him.
Well, there may be some Clone fans that will buy his stuff just so they can do some nefarious things with them. Might be a lucrative market.

That said, if Jordan wants to return and has the betterment of the team in mind, and not just some personal gain, I'm not opposed.

Put me in the camp of hoping he's just done. I'm not really interested in him coming back, because he needs a platform to keep pushing his agenda, and that's what his season was about. The only thing I will remember about his performance in the tournament after an embarrassing early exit is him crying about gift bags. He gave some great years and provided some great excitement most of his career, but it seemed like his whole season was about self-promotion.
Yeah, his real agenda is about being the center of attention and trying to make money.

Dude called himself the best pg in college basketball but he's not even good enough to play in Europe so he wants to milk this for all the money and attention he can.

I don't think Frans stupid enough to bring him back.

Jbro wouldn't fit in at all with a team that is going to need to have a defensive identity.

Hed risk losing Ulis and that would be a disaster

I think Fran felt obligated to play him this year despite him mostly being a liability but the debt is paid.
Oh, he's stupid enough alright! (just kidding, I like Fran for the most part). Loyal to a fault I would guess. Hopefully it's not a decision he has to make.

Reactions: RocknRollface
This is not JBo’s call, it’s Frans. This would be a huge tipping point to bring him back for a 6th year. There is no way Ulis or Joe stay if he comes back. Why would they? He’s had a fine career for a 6 ft guy from CR. Actually he’s had a helluva career. It’s time to go.

First off it will have been three years ago since we were loving him on the message boards, we live in a what have you done lately world.
Secondly, why are we supposed to give him a pass that he worked his butt off after hip surgery? Are players supposed to play slower because he has slowed down from his injury?
Last but not least, if he’s not to blame for last seasons bust, who is to blame? He put up a big ole goose egg in what many of us wished was his last game as a Hawkeye.
I would like to live in a world where someone’s overall accomplishments outlast the attention span of two-year old.

Not looking for a JBO pass. His performance against Oregon was a wreck. I just disagree with what appears to be a current total disregard for the kid.

The blame for this season‘s failure falls directly on a coaching staff that has been provided 11 years to right the ship from the Lick takeover. The last time I checked, we are bannerless, unless you want to hang your hat on an NIT runner-up trophy?

I might add, Fran showed little class on benching JBO for the last 17 minutes of his supposed “last game”. To me, this seemed to indicate that JBO’s hard foul was to be perceived as the game’s death nail. Fran chose to direct the focus of the loss on JBO, rather than lack of game prep or being outcoached AGAIN in a game against a formidable team. Seems odd we only heard about all these supposed nagging injuries after having our hats handed to us?

Fran is a petulant excuse train of a coach. He and his crew of wax figures have accomplished zilch in 11 years. I, like many other fans gave Fran a pass year in and year out. But this was the year. In Garza he had the player every coach dreams of and Fran did not get it done.

If Weesey is smart he will get out before he is 2022’s scapegoat.

I would like to live in a world where someone’s overall accomplishments outlast the attention span of two-year old.

Not looking for a JBO pass. His performance against Oregon was a wreck. I just disagree with what appears to be a current total disregard for the kid.

The blame for this season‘s failure falls directly on a coaching staff that has been provided 11 years to right the ship from the Lick takeover. The last time I checked, we are bannerless, unless you want to hang your hat on an NIT runner-up trophy?

I might add, Fran showed little class on benching JBO for the last 17 minutes of his supposed “last game”. To me, this seemed to indicate that JBO’s hard foul was to be perceived as the game’s death nail. Fran chose to direct the focus of the loss on JBO, rather than lack of game prep or being outcoached AGAIN in a game against a formidable team. Seems odd we only heard about all these supposed nagging injuries after having our hats handed to us?

Fran is a petulant excuse train of a coach. He and his crew of wax figures have accomplished zilch in 11 years. I, like many other fans gave Fran a pass year in and year out. But this was the year. In Garza he had the player every coach dreams of and Fran did not get it done.

Huh?

Reactions: IAFB2021Champs
His Twitter and Podcast have soured a lot of Iowa fans. I have no idea as to the feelings of his teammates. If Fran and the team want him I’m fine with it.

He is an elite shooter. Should CJF leave he could be a asset at the 2. He’s streaky, but when he’s on he can win games and I don’t see next years team having many with that ability.

Reactions: 24 so far
This proves exactly what I have thought of him all year long. He’s just trying to get paid while playing at iowa because he knows he won’t get paid to play anywhere else. I do agree in what he is fighting for to some extent but I hope it doesn’t pass if it means that he will be coming back. To me, it makes it seem like he is fighting for himself and not the other people coming in after him like all these guys claim to be fighting for.
^^^ This ^^^

Reactions: IAFB2021Champs

Crew of wax figures😆. Don't disagree, Fran screwed the pooch in a year the stars had aligned for him

You're surprised at the responses? Iowa could play their best, beat a ranked team and you could come in here after the game and most of the board would find it not good enough for one reason or another.

I agree with everything you posted and if JBo can earn his spots, come on down...... I'm sure JBo was not satisfied with his performance last year and thought all along he might still have lingering problems with health and rust.

Coiuld we not scare off any more players for awhile? It's obvious Nunge reads this stuff. JBo too.
Curious about the last part of your post. Why is it obvious Nunge reads this stuff? Did he say something in an interview?

Jordan Bohannon is becoming a self-centered athlete
who wants to make some money while still in college.
He is overestimating his appeal to make money and be
an asset to the Hawkeyes next season.

Dumb

Jordan Bohannon is becoming a self-centered athlete
who wants to make some money while still in college.
He is overestimating his appeal to make money and be
an asset to the Hawkeyes next season.

Wrong. He is using his platform to speak about things affecting all student athletes. He may not always be right but he has the courage to do it and isn't shying away from the issues these athletes face.

We just cut four sports because we can't afford it. The four sports we cut don't have full ride athletes. It is interesting to watch the narrative be about how much money the University does or doesn't make off if these sports be the determining factor in their value to the University. We have turned these athletes into a commodity that a university owns and determine that value as how much money they can shove into a coaches pockets. Football is king as it means a college coach can make 9m a year and still claim it isn't enough. That they need more for their poor assistant coaches or they just need a 90m renovation of their stadium. Meanwhile the lesser sports get cut. Because college is after all about how much money can be made off the students. How dare they watch this attitude about money by the adults making millions and bring up issues within the system.

A few years ago we had an athlete come to us after a certain coach tried to limit where he could transfer. That story alongside many others led to what we now refer to as the transfer portal where asshole coaches and athletic directors can no longer prevent a student from taking his ir her services wherever they want. Remember that? We heard the sand arguments then that these students have it so damned good and should just shut up. It was a bullshit argument then and is now as well

It is a classic management vs labor dispute and what is funny is most fans in their own lives are no where near the millionaire coaches side if this equation and yet bash labor for speaking up

Wrong. He is using his platform to speak about things affecting all student athletes. He may not always be right but he has the courage to do it and isn't shying away from the issues these athletes face.

We just cut four sports because we can't afford it. The four sports we cut don't have full ride athletes. It is interesting to watch the narrative be about how much money the University does or doesn't make off if these sports be the determining factor in their value to the University. We have turned these athletes into a commodity that a university owns and determine that value as how much money they can shove into a coaches pockets. Football is king as it means a college coach can make 9m a year and still claim it isn't enough. That they need more for their poor assistant coaches or they just need a 90m renovation of their stadium. Meanwhile the lesser sports get cut. Because college is after all about how much money can be made off the students. How dare they watch this attitude about money by the adults making millions and bring up issues within the system.

A few years ago we had an athlete come to us after a certain coach tried to limit where he could transfer. That story alongside many others led to what we now refer to as the transfer portal where asshole coaches and athletic directors can no longer prevent a student from taking his ir her services wherever they want. Remember that? We heard the sand arguments then that these students have it so damned good and should just shut up. It was a bullshit argument then and is now as well

It is a classic management vs labor dispute and what is funny is most fans in their own lives are no where near the millionaire coaches side if this equation and yet bash labor for speaking up
Women’s Swimming and Diving were reinstated. Athletes making money off NIL has nothing to do with the university and it’s money. Also, Ferentz makes half of what you said and doesn’t complain about it while donating some of it back to good causes. Ferentz would the last one I’d bring up when talking about overpaid coaches who think more of themselves then others.

Women’s Swimming and Diving were reinstated. Athletes making money off NIL has nothing to do with the university and it’s money. Also, Ferentz makes half of what you said and doesn’t complain about it while donating some of it back to good causes. Ferentz would the last one I’d bring up when talking about overpaid coaches who think more of themselves then others.
He didn't bring up KF.

Reactions: littlez

Women's swimming was reinstated because the University was going to have it's ass handed to it in a lawsuit.

I was referring to Dabo making 9m a year while Clemson cut it's track program. A track program that is one of the most successful college programs in history. They have numerous athletes that have gone on to win gold medals in the olympics through their history. It isn't quite at the level of Iowa wrestling but it most certainly could be mentioned in the same paragraph. If Barta had cut wrestling here what would be the reaction? Program was cut because Clemson can't afford it while paying their head coach 9m a year.

The 90m was the cost to renovate the north end zone at Kinnick stadium. Yes it came largely from donor money but 90m is 90m. Kirk by they way makes around 3m a year. He has given back for sure and that is wonderful because no one is required to be charitable. I believe he has given somewhere around 1-2 million to the University. On a 3m a year salary. He also has arranged for his kids to get paid as well. Kirk is a great coach and I love that he is out coach but let's not pretend even for a minute he is worth 3m a year. No coach in reality is worth that but so much cash has been shoved into the system we think it is normal. It isn't normal at all

The strength coach we just fired? He was making over 500k a year. That seem in line to you? A man in charge is weight lifting making 500k plus a year is lunacy working for what is a nonprofit. Remember that is how college athletics is categorized.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT