ADVERTISEMENT

Juan Harris gets offered by Michigan

J_Heater

HR Legend
Gold Member
Jan 15, 2005
No link but buddy on Michigan site says the 2017 DT Iowa commit has gotten an offer from Harbaugh.

not surprised as Harris will get more offers before his SR season, just means that KF has a good one that has committed as a SO.

Lets be honest, Iowa is a very vulnerable team right now. Lots of unhappy fans, a coach that has not produced as of lately with a contract that will expire in 5 years. At best it is not likely for ferentz to get an extension even if he started winning more due to his age and history of mediocre seasons (exception being a couple big ten championships or a couple playoff invitations. At worst he could be gone in 1-3 years if the wins are not there.

So I would say that every one of Iowas recruits are ripe for the picking. KF is going to have to work very hard to get the good recruits to commit to Iowa and will have to work even harder to keep them committed to Iowa. With the state of the program that is just what we have to expect

I think once a recruit gives his verbal and commits then other teams shouldn't be able to come in and offer. That is like coaches stabbing each other in the back and creates a hostile environment among coaches.

Originally posted by ynglbc:
I think once a recruit gives his verbal and commits then other teams shouldn't be able to come in and offer. That is like coaches stabbing each other in the back and creates a hostile environment among coaches.
I wish there was a fall signing period. Would prevent a lot of stealing recruits

Originally posted by Hawk_82:

I wish there was a fall signing period. Would prevent a lot of stealing recruits
Wouldn't this hurt Iowa a little? Kids like Jansen,Wilson,Nelson, Taylor,Weigers, etc...,recently, all wouldn't have been eligible to be Hawkeyes.....

This post was edited on 3/15 2:01 PM by SigMaintHawk

I have a feeling this recruitment of Harris is going to be drama filled.

Luckily I stopped caring about recruits about 5 years ago. I literally don't get excited or down about any of them.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Harris is a 2017 recruit, so it is not surprising that teams are offering a SO, but Harris in one that I doubt will flip. he decommitted once and then recommitted and has said he sticks by his word, the problem was a family issue and not a problem with the coaching staff,

some how I get the feeling some of you want him to flip and want this staff to FAIL at recruiting so that KF will get fired.

Originally posted by Hawkeye2222:

Harris is a 2017 recruit, so it is not surprising that teams are offering a SO, but Harris in one that I doubt will flip. he decommitted once and then recommitted and has said he sticks by his word, the problem was a family issue and not a problem with the coaching staff,

some how I get the feeling some of you want him to flip and want this staff to FAIL at recruiting so that KF will get fired.
This kid's recruitment has already been ridiculous and I'm already sick of hearing about him after his last big "look at me" decommitment and recommitment.

He's got to drop about 100 lbs before he can play in college anyways.

I don't know Herbie, he committed to another school before he committed to Iowa, the decommitted from the and committed to Iowa after moving to the state, if I remember all the information correctly. He then took his commitment back from Iowa only to commit again later. I have a feeling ( hope I am wrong ) that he will eventually jump to them. Also with him being so young yet he may change his mind again if another big school comes calling, maybe like a Bama or Auburn. Plenty of time before he gets to sign on the dotted line. One never knows until it happens. Would be nice to see him stay with Iowa. I too would like to see an early signing period, couldn't hurt.

No. Some of us are smart enough to read the Harris saga and know how this will play out. I predicted his decommitment on the day he committed. Even I was shocked at how quickly I was proven right!

Actually Kilroy he said he sticks to his word when he first committed. Then he de-committed. So much to sticking to his word. I think most see this for what it is. An attention whore young man that has a 50/50 shot to end up in Iowa City if that.

Yeah, just like Higdon was never going to flip. Or didyou already forget about him too?

He has decommitted once again.

Originally posted by GarryO37:

Yeah, just like Higdon was never going to flip. Or didyou already forget about him too?
Yes he has forgotten about that. Kilroy has admitted memory issues. Everyday he was up and is totally unaware of how consistently wrong he has been.

As for Juan, thanks for proving me right again so soon! I know you read the board. I know you have serious self esteem problems. Your peers are not impressed by this behavior. This officially burns the bridge with UI.

Originally posted by SigMaintHawk:
Harris stated he felt "blessed" to receive the offer....
Every kid says they are blessed to have received an offer from so and so University after every offer. That doesn't mean much.

As far as this kid goes, there really is no reason to pay attention to his "commitment" until he signs a dotted line somewhere. Any of us at 15-16 yrs old would love to have schools telling us how great we are and how much we are wanted. Some just handle it better than others.

Also, he said Michigan is a beautiful town... Its a state Juan

WTF are you talking about? Why do you take every one of your posts and some how bring in the topic of fans who don't want Kirk to succeed? The bottomline is this: A lot can happen between now and 2017. We could have a new staff in place. The kid could have several other offers ... Anything can happen. Who said they want the kid to "flip and wants this staff to FAIL" at recruiting so Kirk gets fired?

You are absolutely one of the most ... no let me say ... you are THE most ridiculous poster I have come across on any Hawkeye message board. Step away from the Koolaid drinking fountain and honestly recognize this program has many, many problems. Instead of posting your "rah rah" Kirk messages ... I would be very curious to know your age, what you do for a living, and how active is your social life ... Seriously ...

This post was edited on 3/16 9:10 AM by DesMoinesHawki

1st of all no where did I say that Higdon was never going to decommit from IA, was I surprised by him Flipping to MI nope, lets face it he flipped from a midmajor to a Power 5 school as it was his best offer, then he Flipped to MI as MI is a higher profile name school.

as for Harris he was NEVER COMMITTED TO any other school, there was talk that he was going to go to Wisconsin, BUT HE NEVER COMMITTED to Wisconsin and he was never committed to any other school.

as I also pointed he decommitted due to FAMILY ISSUES, do some of you even understand what that means "FAMILY iSSUES" OMFG a 16 year kid decommits due to FAMILY ISSUES and all of sudden he is labeled a DRAMA QUEEN,

he weighs 365 lbs at most by 1 site and as low 345 lbs by another, Davis Weighed 315 lbs, so where is this crap about losing 100 lbs to play DT come from, gee just what IA needs a 265 lb at most DT. losing 30 lbs might not be a bad Idea.

the way some of act on here you do hate the Idea of IA having a top 100 player by 247 in the 2017 class committed as it blows the hell out of your claims about this staff being lazy and not having a closer on it.

So your real intent is to stop Iowa from poaching MAC recruits like Bob Sanders?

1st of all no where did I say that Higdon was never going to decommit from IA, was I surprised by him Flipping to MI nope, lets face it he flipped from a midmajor to a Power 5 school as it was his best offer, then he Flipped to MI as MI is a higher profile name school.

as for Harris he was NEVER COMMITTED TO any other school, there was talk that he was going to go to Wisconsin, BUT HE NEVER COMMITTED to Wisconsin and he was never committed to any other school.

as I also pointed he decommitted due to FAMILY ISSUES, do some of you even understand what that means "FAMILY iSSUES" OMFG a 16 year kid decommits due to FAMILY ISSUES and all of sudden he is labeled a DRAMA QUEEN,

he weighs 365 lbs at most by 1 site and as low 345 lbs by another, Davis Weighed 315 lbs, so where is this crap about losing 100 lbs to play DT come from, gee just what IA needs a 265 lb at most DT. losing 30 lbs might not be a bad Idea.

the way some of act on here you do hate the Idea of IA having a top 100 player by 247 in the 2017 class committed as it blows the hell out of your claims about this staff being lazy and not having a closer on it.
Just in case you missed it, he decommitted again.

He decommited from Iowa a second time after his Michigan visit. Honestly I could care less on this one. He is not from Iowa, he showed up mid season and did ok playing vs guys half his size or less in a smaller class school. I hate dudes that flip flop all over the damn place. A change of mind is one thing but changing every month or so is stupid.

There is a lot here, but this in particular was great. Come on man, heights and weights on these kids are always all over the place/

Most scales say I weigh 180 but the one in my grandparent's bathroom says 174.

Too many good offers and competition. This makes Kirk uncomfortable. We'll be battling Western Illinois, Buffalo and New Mexico St for a DT in 2017. More Kirk's style!

Originally posted by Letsgohawks411:
Too many good offers and competition. This makes Kirk uncomfortable.We'll be battling Western Illinois, Buffalo and New Mexico St for a DT in 2017. More Kirk's style!
We'll be battling? Who's we? You help recruit? Well, then start bringing in the blue chippers, d*ckweed!
It makes him uncomfortable? Really? Why don't you ask him, instead of running your mouth off behind his back! Where do you gutless punks come from, seriously?
Look at Ekakatie's offer list, fvckface. Was he uncomfortable? Want more examples? KF has anything to do with this clown moving all over the place and committing and uncommitting? Are you trying to impress someone with your inane rant. You left an impression alright. You're a fvcking idiot!

I would bet a ton of money that this kid does not end up a Hawkeye. He has already decommitted once and I don't have a real warm, fuzzy feeling about his commitment to Iowa.

Originally posted by Hawks2405:
I would bet a ton of money that this kid does not end up a Hawkeye. He has already decommitted once and I don't have a real warm, fuzzy feeling about his commitment to Iowa.
He's decommitted twice.

Hey Kilboy you still doubting Harris decommits again ? That's right once again you're WRONG !

Originally posted by Sterling_Wildcat:
He's decommitted twice.
I have not seen anything about a second time. Where is your reference?

Originally posted by hogghawk:

He's decommitted twice.

Harris Decommits From Iowa

I'll take 5 in the pool for how many times this kid de-commits from schools before this is over.
He obviously has no idea what he wants to do and is just looking for the next big and better offer.

Originally posted by hogghawk:

He's decommitted twice.
247 see Football recruiting Kilroy aka hawkeye2222 started a thread "the KF haters will love this"

This could be a monster mistake by Harris, Iowa's NFL history for producing ready-made NFL lineman is well known. Iowa always gets the eye of pro scouts when it comes to linemen. That I will say for KF.

Originally posted by makeachange:
This could be a monster mistake by Harris, Iowa's NFL history for producing ready-made NFL lineman is well known. Iowa always gets the eye of pro scouts when it comes to linemen. That I will say for KF

The kid is obviously challenged. Probably never play a down of college FB.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT