ADVERTISEMENT

Kanen Storr transferring

LOL. ..

KJ disaster 2.0

Guessing Colbray is next to go.

Can't wait for the "frees up Scholly $$$ excuse ".

They must be literally blowing up that room from within. Storr looked really good last year and then hasn't been this year. It is almost like they want nothing to do with ANYONE that is there now and want to start completely over.

Edited to add: Hell, how bad is it that he doesn't even want to finish the season? He wants out of there so badly that he is forgoing a chance at NCAA's. That is pretty hard to understand!

Last edited:
I’ve heard rumors from past transfers that the main coach who runs practice isn’t too well liked. Dresser is only there to oversee the “operation.”

Both him and Colbray were very good wrestlers coming in and during their redshirt years. Their regression should be a point of major concern for ISU fans.

Hat probably means Parker will transfer also.

Parker is NOT happy with how they have handled 133. Could happen.

They must be literally blowing up that room from within. Storr looked really good last year and then hasn't been this year. It is almost like they want nothing to do with ANYONE that is there now and want to start completely over.

Edited to add: Hell, how bad is it that he doesn't even want to finish they season? He wants out of there so badly that he is forgoing a chance at NCAA's. That is pretty hard to understand!

He is rated 14th. I don't know that that's "bad." However, the rest of your post is spot-on. Wow.

Both him and Colbray were very good wrestlers coming in and during their redshirt years. Their regression should be a point of major concern for ISU fans.

Not sure that is true about Colbray. He did start slow this year but in recent weeks he's been coming on.

I’ve heard rumors from past transfers that the main coach who runs practice isn’t too well liked. Dresser is only there to oversee the “operation.”

And note that is the same guy who was fired at Iowa several years ago. I suppose at the end of the day it is reasonable to expect some of KJ's guys to move on. But this is one I thought was a lock to stay.

Reactions: butchinmi
Zadick. For some reason I thought Metcalf would’ve been more involved in the day to day. Sounds like a lot of interesting dynamics happening in that room.

Reactions: Dagboi
Spooner, I guess it comes down to what I was expecting of Storr. I expected him to be right there with the top guys and he was pinned 2x's by Meredith, once by Thorn and once by Gfeller. His other three losses are to Monserrat(if you know who he is without looking him up you are a crazy fan of wrestling because I didn't and I am a crazy fan), Zanetta and Longo.

Mason Smith is really his only strong win and I wonder if hometown familiarity had anything to do with that.

Simply put, I expected him to get even better in a room with Zadick, Metcalf and St. John!

Reactions: Dagboi and slicone
Pardon my ignorance, but can he immediately start competing at a new school this season?

Storr had a very uninspiring SV loss on Sunday in a match he was expected to win and should have. I am guessing the coaches gave him some "strong coaching" and it may have pissed him off enough to quit. Pure speculation, but a couple of bad losses in that meet looked like they resulted in some immediate "coaching" out of the public eye when Metcalf or Zadick (cant remember which one now) followed a couple of the guys off the floor after their match.

Iowa State is simply a bunch of clowns. If they don't provide a waiver in Downey's case in good faith, they should fire Pollard's ass. Hey Coach Gable phone Ed Banach in compliance and ask for a favor. This shit is getting a bit ridiculous.

Iowa State is simply a bunch of clowns. If they don't provide a waiver in Downey's case in good faith, they should fire Pollard's ass. Hey Coach Gable phone Ed Banach in compliance and ask for a favor. This shit is getting a bit ridiculous.

I agree 100% but I would reason to guess the hangup is at the NCAA level, not in L’Ames. My personal experience with the Clearinghouse in the 90’s was a total cluster****.

Reactions: Dagboi
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT