ADVERTISEMENT

Kanen Storr transferring

Lol Mitch doesn’t do that he looks at things through black and gold lenses 24/7
What forum you on, douchebag?

Oh, and Buffy... thanks for lurking... you cardinal and gold sunshine pumper. You still buddies with the Paulsens after all this controversy?

Reactions: Gobblin
Combine both sides' accounts and factor in the way they each no doubt want to spin it, and you come away with a reasonable account of what occurred.

Storr was high maintenance, under-performing, and frustrated.

Dresser and his coaches embraced a hard-nosed coaching style, were under pressure to build momentum, and were frustrated.

They knew Storr was in touch with Paulsens and had one foot out the door.

So they let it be his decision but made it very easy for him to go, called out the Paulsens, didn't cheap-shot the kid, and now they want to move on.

Storr's a bit butt-hurt and wants to protect the Paulsens, so he gives Team Dresser a parting FU in the press. Dresser wants to move on and doesn't bite.

Got it. All good.

Combine both sides' accounts and factor in the way they each no doubt want to spin it, and you come away with a reasonable account of what occurred.

Dresser and his coaches embraced a hard-nosed coaching style, were under pressure to build momentum, and were frustrated.

So they let it be his decision but made it very easy for him to go, called out the Paulsens, didn't cheap-shot the kid, and now they want to move on.

Storr's a bit butt-hurt and wants to protect the Paulsens, so he gives Team Dresser a parting FU in the press. Dresser wants to move on and doesn't bite.

Got it. All good.

Dead on!

You mad? I know exactly where I’m at seems like you’re just about the only one here with a non objective thought on the matter
My POV of Clone fans and their program isn't exactly a well kept secret.

History has proven that the VAST majority of fans on this forum have had a very accurate, objective opinion, a least those that have commented, regarding the ISU program over the last decade.

You doubt me? Check the archives for viewpoints about when KJ was hired. The current mess in Ames has many similarities. No one knows if KD will fail like Jackson did. But the transition has been anything but smooth. Fans defended KJ to the hilt right up to the day he was fired. The comedic part of the current situation is that every single asst and BM were despised when they were Hawks. Now, they are without fault.;)

Time will tell if KD succeeds. Early returns cast doubt.

BTW: Put me on ignore if you don't want to read my thoughts!

Reactions: Gobblin

Got it. All good.

I tried to like this more than once, alas there isn't that option. Well said.

I don't know of there is a video, but it's pretty clear that it wasn't just some random shove in anger. He shoved him toward the locker room. The coaches want them to cool down in the back. Metcalf wasn't happy with the way Kanen wrestled and pushed him toward the locker room and told him to "get the hell out of here" and Kanen didn't like that

That is when Kanen said "I'm already out of here", he wasn't into the coaches from day 1. I have a little insight.

Reactions: tigerguy_ and HKI
My POV of Clone fans and their program isn't exactly a well kept secret.

History has proven that the VAST majority of fans on this forum have had a very accurate, objective opinion, a least those that have commented, regarding the ISU program over the last decade.

You doubt me? Check the archives for viewpoints about when KJ was hired. The current mess in Ames has many similarities. No one knows if KD will fail like Jackson did. But the transition has been anything but smooth. Fans defended KJ to the hilt right up to the day he was fired. The comedic part of the current situation is that every single asst and BM were despised when they were Hawks. Now, they are without fault.;)

Time will tell if KD succeeds. Early returns cast doubt.

BTW: Put me on ignore if you don't want to read my thoughts!

Actually the early returns show marked improvement from where they were last year. They have won more conference duals and look to be capable of increasing their point total from nationals last year. Obviously increasing their point total from nationals last year won't be hard, but improvement is improvement.

A coaching change at any school in any sport is going to create turnover. Kids think they are going to a school to be with a coach and then the scene changes. It's understandable. The whole situation with Storr doesn't look good but any objective person can see that both sides felt distrust. That doesn't bode for a good working relationship.

You hate Iowa State so any chance you have to take a shot at them you are going to take two. Whatever. But your hatred is causing you to embellish what is going on in Ames. It's a program with a proud history that hasn't recovered from Sanderson leaving. They think they have their guy to lead them back to being a respectable program. Your infatuation with insisting that Dresser is awful and Iowa State is awful makes you look petty. You can dislike Iowa State without trashing them multiple times a day. We get it. You don't like Iowa State. Move on.

Actually the early returns show marked improvement from where they were last year. They have won more conference duals and look to be capable of increasing their point total from nationals last year. Obviously increasing their point total from nationals last year won't be hard, but improvement is improvement.

A coaching change at any school in any sport is going to create turnover. Kids think they are going to a school to be with a coach and then the scene changes. It's understandable. The whole situation with Storr doesn't look good but any objective person can see that both sides felt distrust. That doesn't bode for a good working relationship.

You hate Iowa State so any chance you have to take a shot at them you are going to take two. Whatever. But your hatred is causing you to embellish what is going on in Ames. It's a program with a proud history that hasn't recovered from Sanderson leaving. They think they have their guy to lead them back to being a respectable program. Your infatuation with insisting that Dresser is awful and Iowa State is awful makes you look petty. You can dislike Iowa State without trashing them multiple times a day. We get it. You don't like Iowa State. Move on.
Two things... ISU has, arguably, one of the weakest dual meet schedules in the nation. More wins doesn't necessarily mean improvement. As it stands today...who on that team is going to score points @ Nationals? I guess three guys scoring half a point each in consolation round is better.:p

Blaming Sanderson for today's mess is laughable. He's been gone what... eight years? That's a freaking weak ass excuse for being irrelevant for this long.
BTW: What do you categorize as respectable..and how long? Top 20 within five years?

Well, they only scored one point....

Reactions: HKI
Just can't admit you're dense can ya?
And to you...you're obviously new here. Long time posters, even ISU visitors, know that my observations and predictions have been pretty accurate from the day KJ was hired. Time will tell if KD succeeds, he's gotta catch UNI before he sets his eyes on the Hawks. He can't be a factor, nationally before he does that.

Two things... ISU has, arguably, one of the weakest dual meet schedules in the nation. More wins doesn't necessarily mean improvement. As it stands today...who on that team is going to score points @ Nationals? I guess three guys scoring half a point each in consolation round is better.:p

Blaming Sanderson for today's mess is laughable. He's been gone what... eight years? That's a freaking weak ass excuse for being irrelevant for this long.
BTW: What do you categorize as respectable..and how long? Top 20 within five years?

Iowa State has wrestled Arizona State, Oklahoma State, and South Dakota State, with duals yet to come against UNI and Iowa. They also wrestled at the Cliff Keen Vegas Tournament. It's not the toughest schedule out there but they wrestle solid competition.

I don't blame Sanderson for the state of the program today. You are correct. Eight years is long enough to recover and move on. But it is a fact, Sanderson leaving decimated that program. Most people thought KJ was a good hire. A former national champion and olympic champion returning to his alma mater. What school wouldn't want that? Not to mention KJ had just helped coach the youngest ever US wrestler to an olympic gold. Some were skeptical because of his lack of college coaching experience but in the end people thought the pros outweighed the cons. Turns out his lack of experience was too much to overcome. He seemed to be able to land a few decent recruits but he just didn't have what it takes. Now Cyclone fans are hopeful Dresser is the answer. With any coaching change, people get optimistic. They want to believe they have found "the guy." Dresser's tenure at VT makes it appear as though he is capable of running a top ten program. So naturally ISU fans are excited. Trying to pass judgement on Dresser and company after 10 months is silly. He's gonna need time. 2-3 years is my guess.

Right...according to the WrestlingByPirate Dual Impact Index, in the Dual-Results rating (which only considers duals), Iowa State has the 21st-toughest schedule in the nation (of 76 teams). Heck, among teams in the Big 12, only Northern Iowa, Oklahoma State, and South Dakota State have tougher schedules. Not sure how you can look at their schedule, and, with a straight face, say that Iowa State has one of the weakest dual-meet schedules in the country.

Sorted by their Dual Impact Index Dual-Results rating, their schedule:

Oklahoma State: 5th
Arizona State: 8th
South Dakota State: 11th
Wyoming: 14th
Rider: 26th
Drexel: 28th
West Virginia: 30th
North Dakota State: 31st
Oklahoma: 35th
Old Dominion: 36th
Oregon State: 40th
Virginia: 41st
Northern Colorado: 61st
Fresno State: 63rd

Still to come:

Iowa: 4th
Northern Iowa: 16th
Fresno State: 63rd

Reactions: tigerguy_
Oh boy! Thanks for confirming my claim. We're talking D-1 wrestling, not MBB or football.

Anyone with half a brain realizes any team beyond the top 20 teams are pretty much dog shit. And to the poster that pointed out ISU opponents ASU/OSU/SDSU...the Clones weren't even competitive with those three teams. We can include Wyoming in that group. And the upcoming duals against UNI and Iowa won't be competitive either.
Pirate... Do you realize why the ISU SOS is where it is? It's because those teams all destroyed the Clones. ISU's ineptness contributed to making those teams look better!
Stop with the excuses if you're going to tout ISU wrestling tradition. You are not enforcing your argument when the Clones haven't beaten any team in that top 20. Not a single team. Their signature win is ??? West Virginia??? :p:p:p

I can do this forever if you want to continue. Facts are on my side.

Last edited:
Oh boy! Thanks for confirming my claim. We're talking D-1 wrestling, not MBB or football.

Anyone with half a brain realizes any team beyond the top 20 teams are pretty much dog shit. And to the poster that pointed out ISU opponents ASU/OSU/SDSU...the Clones weren't even competitive with those three teams. We can include Wyoming in that group. And the upcoming duals against UNI and Iowa won't be competitive either.

Stop with the excuses if you're going to tout ISU wrestling tradition. You are not enforcing your argument when the Clones haven't beaten any team in that top 20. Not a single team. Their signature win is ??? West Virginia??? :p:p:p

Trust us, Mitch..... We all realize that you could go on like this forever. You’ve got half a brain.....

Trust us, Mitch..... We all realize that you could go on like this forever. You’ve got half a brain.....

You were ALMOST correct. To clarify... I only have to USE half my brain to refute these silly arguments defending ISU/KD. I was amused that SHP arrived only to pimp his rankings. Seems self serving to me.

BTW: Why did you edit your original reply and make it a personal attack? That's beneath you.

Pirate... Do you realize why the ISU SOS is where it is? It's because those teams all destroyed the Clones. ISU's ineptness contributed to making those teams look better!

What's your point? All you keep on doing is spewing hatred towards Iowa State. They aren't very good. We get it. They will be lucky to get an AA this year. They haven't beat a ranked team. I haven't seen a Cyclone fan claiming that ISU is good this year. There are some Iowa State fans who are excited about the future and the possibility of returning to being a ranked team along with multiple AA's every year with eventually a few guys winning titles. Isn't that the goal of every major program?

You asked about their strength of schedule and then when you didn't like the reply you went back to your stance of, "Oh yeah, well Iowa State is terrible."

Anyone with half a brain realizes any team beyond the top 20 teams are pretty much dog shit.

Jesus H, you are a miserable pile. And you haven't used "facts" for anything. Personally, carry on with your trivial hatred, I'm just glad you stopped making personal accusations which were outright lies. There is no place for shit like you post in college wrestling.

You were ALMOST correct. To clarify... I only have to USE half my brain to refute these silly arguments defending ISU/KD. I was amused that SHP arrived only to pimp his rankings. Seems self serving to me.

BTW: Why did you edit your original reply and make it a personal attack? That's beneath you.

In the post I quoted, you indirectly claimed that anyone disagreeing with your opinion had less than half a brain. I was actually admitting that you have at least a half of a brain. In the context of your comment, that’s a good thing.

Whether you hate Iowa State or not, those kids are out competing & giving it their all. Do they know they have a lot to work on, sure they do. Do they know their upcoming matches are going to be tough, sure they do. Do they know they need to get better wrestlers in, sure they do. As a mom, I feel for those kids. Adults wanting ISU to fail means they want the kids to fail, its disgusting. Not everyone can be Penn State, Ohio State or Iowa. Whether they haven't wrestled the best teams out there, they've won duals & that builds confidence. I bleed black & gold but I have ties to a ISU wrestler & they are working hard. I know he loves ISU & the coaching staff. Just my 2 cents worth.

I guess I have a problem with Metcalf shoving Storr after a match if they were upset about him not buying in and his contact with the Paulsons.

It’s one thing to get physical with someone who is on board with the program, but another thing entirely to shove someone who may be on their way out the door.

That borders on abuse, imo.

Reactions: MitchL
I guess I have a problem with Metcalf shoving Storr after a match if they were upset about him not buying in and his contact with the Paulsons.

It’s one thing to get physical with someone who is on board with the program, but another thing entirely to shove someone who may be on their way out the door.

That borders on abuse, imo.
gimme a break. Kids being a drama queen. Bunch of pussies in this society

Wasn't supposed to be self-serving, was supposed to be posting facts. Who else does such a ranking? (only WrestleStat, and Greg's isn't a dual-results ranking, but a component ranking)

One thing is clear: I need a life, and I don't think anybody would dispute that.

One thing is clear: I need a life, and I don't think anybody would dispute that.[/QUOTE]
Physical contact done out of anger, especially as a leader, is never acceptable.

And we have a winner.... thanks for stating that concept so succinctly.

Physical contact done out of anger, especially as a leader, is never acceptable..

And we have a winner.... thanks for stating that concept so succinctly.[/QUOTE]

Sure, if this is what happened and the actual context in which it happened. I can agree with your statement in general. There are a lot of situations in which placing hands on somebody and pushing them isn't the same as "pushing" them out of anger, or not acceptable. I wasn't there, haven't seen video, I just don't know what happened.

Wasn't supposed to be self-serving, was supposed to be posting facts. Who else does such a ranking? (only WrestleStat, and Greg's isn't a dual-results ranking, but a component ranking)

One thing is clear: I need a life, and I don't think anybody would dispute that.
Easy on yourself SetonHall. Damn it. Ignore the majority of these wanna-be's. By the way, still doing my darndest to help with that credential.

Reactions: SetonHallPirate
And we have a winner.... thanks for stating that concept so succinctly.

Sure, if this is what happened and the actual context in which it happened. I can agree with your statement in general. There are a lot of situations in which placing hands on somebody and pushing them isn't the same as "pushing" them out of anger, or not acceptable. I wasn't there, haven't seen video, I just don't know what happened.[/QUOTE]
It wasnt nearly what some on here are making it out to be. There was no intent but to get him out of there after wrestling like garbage yet again.

Reactions: NYWRESTLER94
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT