ADVERTISEMENT

****Keegan goes #4 to the Sacramento Kings****

He literally got 2 commitments the same day Keegan was drafted. Koch is said to be a top 50 kid. What in the world are you talking about?
The other was a life long Iowa fan legacy get (def will kudos but I’m talking NBA potential stars)

Keegan is in Sacramento

FWDXhBLWAAEclAe

FWDXhfRXEAIQ8ZY

FWDXhuVXwAUz8XG

I can’t understand why Mc can’t translate these amazing NBA picks into better recruiting… it seems like a no brainer for young kids with the right sell job …
Maybe it will. Maybe this will get Fran into a few more living rooms now.

But, a 16 year old kid doesn't think that these guys were drafted BECAUSE they went to Iowa. Heck, I don't even think that. It might tell more recruits that you CAN get drafted playing in a non-blue-blood school like Iowa.

At the end of the day, Iowa still has a tall hill to climb to get top-50 kids, unless they have an Iowa connection.

Bobby Marks of ESPN says Keegan will be playing 30 minutes

check this out & watch:

That's Deuce and Mo'! I've watched them before. They did a pre-draft show that lasted like 12 hours! Good stuff. Mo' said the same thing a lot of folks have said about Keegan, "He seems like a really nice guy", lol. Well, he is. And a helluva player too. :)

That's Deuce and Mo'! I've watched them before. They did a pre-draft show that lasted like 12 hours! Good stuff. Mo' said the same thing a lot of folks have said about Keegan, "He seems like a really nice guy", lol. Well, he is. And a helluva player too. :)

I noticed that fans yesterday were saying that "he seems like a really nice guy," too.

And the fact that Keegan does not bring any drama or baggage is a huge plus for the Kings.

• Love
Reactions: Ree4 and Hawksfor3
Yeah, I agree. In the end, the Kings made the right pick.

It was not a good look when Ivey stated in that interview that he preferred Detroit and Indiana over Sacramento. Before he said that, I think the Kings were still considering him.

You realize Ivey is from South Bend and both Detroit and Indiana (picks 5 and 6) are close to home...where his family can go watch him.

If memory serves, I think he's stated he was a Piston fan growing up. Having a good chance to go to your favorite team or another close team and saying you'd prefer those isn't a bad look.

You realize Ivey is from South Bend and both Detroit and Indiana (picks 5 and 6) are close to home...where his family can go watch him.

If memory serves, I think he's stated he was a Piston fan growing up. Having a good chance to go to your favorite team or another close team and saying you'd prefer those isn't a bad look.

I get it (that Detroit & Indy are closer to home). I just think Ivey could have been more diplomatic. He didn't hide the fact that he didn't want Sacramento drafting him (not sure that is a good look).

One related story:

The latest basketball player to show an aversion to Sacramento is projected top five NBA Draft prospect Jaden Ivey, who some mock drafts have going at No. 4 to the Kings. When asked about the potential landing spot, the former Purdue star gave a meandering response featuring all the enthusiasm of a child being taken to the mall parking lot carnival over Six Flags.

“I haven’t been in contact with them, didn’t work out for them. I’m kinda just letting this process just handle itself. If I got drafted there, it wouldn’t be the worst option. I’m not the GM who picks the guys so I’m kinda just trying to enjoy this process and whatever happens on draft night, I’m just going to stick with it.”

Last edited:
Reactions: Hawksfor3
I get it (that Detroit & Indy are closer to home). I just think Ivey could have been more diplomatic. He didn't hide the fact that he didn't want Sacramento drafting him (not sure that is a good look).

One related story:

The latest basketball player to show an aversion to Sacramento is projected top five NBA Draft prospect Jaden Ivey, who some mock drafts have going at No. 4 to the Kings. When asked about the potential landing spot, the former Purdue star gave a meandering response featuring all the enthusiasm of a child being taken to the mall parking lot carnival over Six Flags.

IIRC, Sacramento didn't have Ivey in for a workout either. So it seems mutual

If Kris had played more this past season he might have gotten that 1st round guarantee that he was looking for.
Really? We're here celebrating Keegans big day as the earliest pick ever by an iowa player in the NBA draft, AND you clowns have to go once again down the freakin rabbit hole with issues about who played what minutes. Really? Could we for once just celebrate the young mans success, and leave the bitching until next season, when you will no doubt be on here critiquing who gets what minutes, like you know shit.

Really? We're here celebrating Keegans big day as the earliest pick ever by an iowa player in the NBA draft, AND you clowns have to go once again down the freakin rabbit hole with issues about who played what minutes. Really? Could we for once just celebrate the young mans success, and leave the bitching until next season, when you will no doubt be on here critiquing who gets what minutes, like you know shit.

Relax. You are reading too much into this. All I was commenting on was how close Kris came to getting that 1st round guarantee he was looking for. The latest projections had him going #37 if he had stayed in the draft.

How cool would it have been to have both Murrays drafted 2 days ago?

That's all I was getting at. I was not bitching about Fran or anything else.

Relax. You are reading too much into this. All I was commenting on was how close Kris came to getting that 1st round guarantee he was looking for. The latest projections had him going #37 if he had stayed in the draft.

And the poster you were discussing with Bearhawk0505 was bitching that Fran was favoring his kids over playing the Murray boys when they were freshman. My point is there will be plenty of time for the bitching that ALWAYS goes on during the year, and this is not the thread to rehash shit from 2 YEARS ago, especially not on this day.

Reactions: Franisdaman

I’m much, much happier having only 1 Murray drafted this year. I’ll take another year of Kris at Iowa. 😉

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT