ADVERTISEMENT

KF in CF to watch Jack Campbell

jellyfish10

HR Legend
Aug 10, 2009
Athletic kid and put together. Recruited as an LB put will probably play with his hand in the dirt at the next level. Good frame that could easily add weight.

Him and Reese were in grundy center recently to visit an o-lineman who is friggin horrible. Not sure what the thought process there is.

Reactions: cocoem
Him and Reese were in grundy center recently to visit an o-lineman who is friggin horrible. Not sure what the thought process there is.
Part of it likely has to deal with maintaining relationships. If a high school coach claims that a kid is good ... or has underrated skills ... Morgan might want to check out the kid with his own eyes.

I'm guessing it's the same kid that was named to the American Family Insurance All USA Iowa Team for class A. He has offers from several D2 schools. Because he's class A might not have a lot of tape on him so they might have wanted to see him in person one final time. And like Homer said it's a good idea to keep relationships strong. You never know what the future brings.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Athletic kid and put together. Recruited as an LB put will probably play with his hand in the dirt at the next level. Good frame that could easily add weight.

jellyfish10 .... do you mean DT (Karl Klug/ Mitch King type) or DE (Parker Hesse/ Matt Roth type)? I am presuming the DT because having a guy grow into a premium spot where toughness and athleticism are needed but are seldom found because so many DTs usually have been large the majority of their lives and practice in the trenches can lead to more injuries, especially leg/ hamstring problems that take long to recover from due to excess weight (especially bad weight). Campbell is said to be about 6'4" 225 now, so he is redshirt material but that is fine. Time for development and hand work in battling OLs.

Hoping Jack does not drink the ISUcc kool-aid as their 2017 campaign was a rare fluke and my money is on them to miss bowling for the next two years. Butler will turn pro after next season, IMO.

Reactions: cfhawk11
jellyfish10 .... do you mean DT (Karl Klug/ Mitch King type) or DE (Parker Hesse/ Matt Roth type)? I am presuming the DT because having a guy grow into a premium spot where toughness and athleticism are needed but are seldom found because so many DTs usually have been large the majority of their lives and practice in the trenches can lead to more injuries, especially leg/ hamstring problems that take long to recover from due to excess weight (especially bad weight). Campbell is said to be about 6'4" 225 now, so he is redshirt material but that is fine. Time for development and hand work in battling OLs.

Hoping Jack does not drink the ISUcc kool-aid as their 2017 campaign was a rare fluke and my money is on them to miss bowling for the next two years. Butler will turn pro after next season, IMO.

I would guess DE. Very good athlete. Tons of energy. Very athletic. Kirk spent the entire game with his family...thought that was pretty cool.

Some out there like Jordan Hook.

Offers from
Air Force-div 1
Illinois St-good program
UNI-good program
So Dakota St-good program
W Illinois
Possible walkon opportunity at Iowa

Not bad, he must be doing something right.

I'm guessing it's the same kid that was named to the American Family Insurance All USA Iowa Team for class A. He has offers from several D2 schools. Because he's class A might not have a lot of tape on him so they might have wanted to see him in person one final time. And like Homer said it's a good idea to keep relationships strong. You never know what the future brings.
He is D-3 good....not even close at P5 level.

Reactions: Uihawks111
He is D-3 good....not even close at P5 level.

Oh I'm not doubting any of the posters analysis of the kid, I myself don't even have an opinion of his play, I was more or less trying to justify why the coaches may visit. Like other posters said it may do less with the coaches actually interested in taking a flyer on this kid versus, keeping relationships strong with the local high school coaches and community. We could be seeing the political side of the job.

Reactions: Uihawks111
You dont have to know a lot about offensive lineman to know when a kid has no chance at ever playing d1 football. He wouldn't play for good d3 teams.

I was asst coach D3 back in the 90’s. Pretty good d3 team. 3 straight conf champs and 1 playoff appearance. No I wasn’t an o-line coach but I have little doubt Jordan would have played for our teams. Can he play D1? I have no idea but I think he’s worth a look.

I was asst coach D3 back in the 90’s. Pretty good d3 team. 3 straight conf champs and 1 playoff appearance. No I wasn’t an o-line coach but I have little doubt Jordan would have played for our teams. Can he play D1? I have no idea but I think he’s worth a look.
That's reasonable. I played d3, won 3 conference ships, and 3 playoff trips. I guess my point is he would never sniff anything at iowa.

That's reasonable. I played d3, won 3 conference ships, and 3 playoff trips. I guess my point is he would never sniff anything at iowa.

And I passed on scholarships to walked on at Iowa. People told me I would never play at Iowa (especially the coach of the school I broke my LOI to) Earned 2 letters.
yeah I was Fry's on players just like you were. Thanks for being a hawk

And I passed on scholarships to walked on at Iowa. People told me I would never play at Iowa (especially the coach of the school I broke my LOI to) Earned 2 letters.
yeah I was Fry's on players just like you were. Thanks for being a hawk
sorry audio text I meant to say Iowa thrives on players like you. Thank you for being a Hawkeye

Reactions: hawkeyeinmo
I remember a few years ago asking this board about a Sophomore from Dennison that was a QB and I was told he was big,lazy and really slow well Brandon Scherff turned out alright
Brandon was very well thought of in high school. Whoever you're talking about is an idiot

Such a weird thing to talk shit about a high school kid on an anonymous message board and think it's okay to do so. Jealousy is a stinky cologne.

I don’t think it’s much better to do it to college kids. That’s the only reason I miss the Lounge. That kind of thing seems to be few and far between. Between here and the basketball board it is pretty sad how amateur athletes are treated.

I don’t think it’s much better to do it to college kids. That’s the only reason I miss the Lounge. That kind of thing seems to be few and far between. Between here and the basketball board it is pretty sad how amateur athletes are treated.
College ‘kids’ aren’t kids, they’re adults. You really think college athletes are treated bad because of a few message board posters who make comments that 99% of athletes will never read. It’s those are dumb comments, but it’s not like athletes are meeting in groups to read message boards and feeling bullied. The internet tough guys are exactly that internet tough guys, 99% of them would run away if an athlete they bashed approached them about it.

College ‘kids’ aren’t kids, they’re adults. You really think college athletes are treated bad because of a few message board posters who make comments that 99% of athletes will never read. It’s those are dumb comments, but it’s not like athletes are meeting in groups to read message boards and feeling bullied. The internet tough guys are exactly that internet tough guys, 99% of them would run away if an athlete they bashed approached them about it.
The message boards are read by players much more than most here think.

Reactions: bigfridaynite
Visiting this weekend. Most likely looking at walk-ons. Or do you have a problem with that, too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT