ADVERTISEMENT

Kim Mulkey is gutter trash

Apparently you missed the dude who did jump on the floor? Not sure this should really be considered a fight. One player got pushed down, nothing else really happened other than some back and forth banter.
right, not sure if even one punch was thrown so to call it a figth or riot is over the top, but maybe there were blows

Reactions: WSC72
It falls on the Coaches , period, If the Locker Room knows if You leave the bench You are suspended pending loss of scholarship this stuff will happen once every 5 Years instead of once every 5 minutes , Part of having a paid for ride is representing the School and if You want to go full Thug like one of those McDonalds Videos You lose Your spot, Coddling entitled Players results in these types of dust ups .

Reactions: Bishop-71
Apparently you missed the dude who did jump on the floor? Not sure this should really be considered a fight. One player got pushed down, nothing else really happened other than some back and forth banter.
Dude was LSU’s Flau’jae Johnson’s bro, who has since been charged.

Dude was LSU’s Flau’jae Johnson’s bro, who has since been charged.

I found that kind of humorous. What the heck was he thinking. Of course, I've been there,,,,,the what the heck am I thinking spot. Live and learn, life goes on, all that crap.

Who is getting worked up? Discussion on a message board is worked up?

I suppose I took the need to start a post worrying about what she said is getting worked up by it.

I certainly could be wrong about that. That happens often. Maybe I should have used 'worry about comments' rather than 'worked up by'.

What is funny is watching some of the spotlights on Angel when all benches are clearing. She literally turns around and heads to the end of the bench. Pretty much sums up the beef she has with Flau'jae.

Those were terrible remarks by the coach to double down on fighting even more. Terrible look.

Cat fighting coach. P.S. I think they need to outlaw the long fingernails before someone loses and eye etc. I am not being some chauvinist or anything but it is dangerous.
And, have them remove the fake nails before arriving to the arena. Acetone isn't healthy in a locker room environment, I suppose.

Friend of mine once got a pic of Mulkey’s favorite coffee mug and sent it to me. I can at least respect that she owns it, I guess.

il_794xN.5266902974_mxs0.jpg

I hate Kim Mulkey with a passion but to be fair, there was more context in her statements. She firstly, and correctly IMHO, put this on the refs for lettering it get out of hand. It was getting chippy, as nearly every championship games gets, a the refs just swallowed the whistles. Yes, she’s still trash but the media is cherry picky to make it look the worst.
I saw the game twice and Reese was throwing elbows, pulling hair, and just being scum in general

Mulkey has been like that since her husband ditched her
Can't imagine why he would. She's a charming c***.

As for the fights...things are starting to slip more and more, especially in the women's game. (there were other incidents this weekend). The refs need to take control and then be backed up by their conference admins. Much like in the real (off-the-court) world the more we tolerate violence and let people who commit it off the hook...the more we're gonna get. It's getting worse by the day.

Putting this on the refs make sense. If they would have called technicals for her being 5 foot on the court for long periods on a regular basis she would have gotten tossed early in the game. Refs are too intimidated by a few coaches to call it.
A couple refs need to grow “a set” and double ‘T’ her up and toss her. When she complains give her one more and she gets a game suspension.

I heard from a guy I was visiting with this morning that both teams will be down 5 players each for the NCAA tournament, or maybe 5 starters combined?
Well "your friend" has NO idea what he's taking about. The two dumb ass announcers brought that up because thats what they thought, but that was quickly corrected. NONE of the players who were ejected for leaving the bench area are suspended. They just couldn't go back in THAT game. Cardosa for SC was ejected for fighting, and WILL be suspended for the first NCAA game only. No other penalties will be handed down. At least not unless the SEC or their schools wanted to send a message, but we all know that aint happening...

Reactions: amahawk
Can't imagine why he would. She's a charming c***.

As for the fights...things are starting to slip more and more, especially in the women's game. (there were other incidents this weekend). The refs need to take control and then be backed up by their conference admins. Much like in the real (off-the-court) world the more we tolerate violence and let people who commit it off the hook...the more we're gonna get. It's getting worse by the day.

I agree with some of what you said. I don’t know if we are really worse off than a hundred years ago. 75 years ago. 50 years ago.

Plus we are way better than the old NBA games of the 80’s to mid 90’s. Way less violence in my opinion

if you watch that fight, watch the crowd, a few dudes were getting ready to jump on in from the crowd, this situation could have been a riot of major proportions with serious injury or death
Death? Prolly a bit of a reach. Also, I think Iowa can and will be quite competitive with either LSU or S. Carolina.

Well "your friend" has NO idea what he's taking about. The two dumb ass announcers brought that up because thats what they thought, but that was quickly corrected. NONE of the players who were ejected for leaving the bench area are suspended. They just couldn't go back in THAT game. Cardosa for SC was ejected for fighting, and WILL be suspended for the first NCAA game only. No other penalties will be handed down. At least not unless the SEC or their schools wanted to send a message, but we all know that aint happening...
Easy, he's a service manager at Audi. Just asked the question because we were making small talk on college basketball.

Reactions: Bishop-71 and WSC72
I get that, and in that situation I agree with correcting it. I don’t see Mulkey’s comments in the same light.
I think the reason there is seemingly always such a vitriolic response to Kim is because it's so blatantly obvious what kind of person she is. Right or wrong, she is unabashedly herself and it really rubs people the wrong way because she's so egregious/reactive in her opinion which is always over the top for effect. She's a walking magnet for negative attention. The only thing good she's ever done that I can recall is win basketball games. Frankly, I just think people are tired of her. If she wasn't so successful, it'd be more bearable. People have a hard time seeing assholes be forgiven all the time simply because they're good at their job, especially when that job is viewable by all.

There are 2 people in sports I used to be fans of that I can no longer stand - Kim Mulkey and Greg Norman. I watched Mulkey play on those great LA Tech teams and liked her a lot. Now she’s just a gross human.

Reactions: Bishop-71 and WSC72
I think the reason there is seemingly always such a vitriolic response to Kim is because it's so blatantly obvious what kind of person she is. Right or wrong, she is unabashedly herself and it really rubs people the wrong way because she's so egregious/reactive in her opinion which is always over the top for effect. She's a walking magnet for negative attention. The only thing good she's ever done that I can recall is win basketball games. Frankly, I just think people are tired of her. If she wasn't so successful, it'd be more bearable. People have a hard time seeing assholes be forgiven all the time simply because they're good at their job, especially when that job is viewable by all.

Good points. I appreciate your perspective on this.

Reactions: AEG82
There are 2 people in sports I used to be fans of that I can no longer stand - Kim Mulkey and Greg Norman. I watched Mulkey play on those great LA Tech teams and liked her a lot. Now she’s just a gross human.

She was gritty and played her behind off.

Reactions: hawaiianhawk111
What I don’t get is why don’t LSU opponents have the inbounder throw to pg, then run down sideline directly into that €unt standing on the floor? Wouldn’t it be a t for being on the floor? Just have to pretend they’re running sideline and looking to center court. She has no right to be on court so it would be completely her fault.

What I don’t get is why don’t LSU opponents have the inbounder throw to pg, then run down sideline directly into that €unt standing on the floor? Wouldn’t it be a t for being on the floor? Just have to pretend they’re running sideline and looking to center court. She has no right to be on court so it would be completely her fault.
I have always wondered why a team didn't have a player purposely run into her.

I was begging gabby to do it last year during the championship game. She usually goes to the corner it wouldn't have been hard at all to bump into her. But with those refs they still probably wouldn't have done anything

Some of the guys I play senior softball with in Austin are LSU grads so I naturally had to mention the scuffle with SC. They shook their heads and said the Baylor fans couldn't wait to get rid of her because of the way she acted. I imagine whatever success she has will be overshadowed by negative issues before too long.

Point guard? Biggest player could do real damage!

Some of the guys I play senior softball with in Austin are LSU grads so I naturally had to mention the scuffle with SC. They shook their heads and said the Baylor fans couldn't wait to get rid of her because of the way she acted. I imagine whatever success she has will be overshadowed by negative issues before too long.
Always the way it seems to go with her. When you're that successful but people still want you gone, it says something.

Reactions: Hawksbyamillion
She lost me when we played Baylor in the Elite 8... was completely classless before and after the game, specifically toward Gustafson. She may be my least favorite person in all of sports
Yep. I feel the same. She always pushes boundaries. Most unlikeable person I can recall in sports. I don't even hate Calipari as much.

Reactions: LarryMullenJr.
Yep. I feel the same. She always pushes boundaries. Most unlikeable person I can recall in sports. I don't even hate Calipari as much.
Bob Knight at the end of his tenure at Indiana got to be too much. When a coach thinks they are bigger than the University they coach at or the sport, it’s time for a reality check. Mulkay has that same feel with her. She can’t go away soon enough. I think her style will turn off more athletes than attract with her career on the backside abs can’t end soon enough.

Reactions: AEG82
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT