ADVERTISEMENT

Luka Garza is picked #52 Overall by the Detroit Pistons. NBA Summer League debut is Aug 8, 7:30 PM on ESPN2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Pistons I think are trying to trade off one of the Plumlees. They'll have two centers on their roster after that. Isaiah Stewart and Jahlil Okafor. Stewart had a good rookie year. I think Garza can beat out Okafor for that backup spot. We'll see.

Reactions: silasstarr
The Pistons I think are trying to trade off one of the Plumlees. They'll have two centers on their roster after that. Isaiah Stewart and Jahlil Okafor. Stewart had a good rookie year. I think Garza can beat out Okafor for that backup spot. We'll see.

Detroit was really bad this season. I can see Luka making the roster

Stewart played well, especially down the stretch, but at 6'8" I'm not sure he's the man. I honestly don't know shit about the NBA these days but it seems that a guy that size can be taken advantage of in certain situations.

Looks like I'll be buying the NBA pass or whatever it's called.

Damn! When I did watch the NBA, Detroit was THE team to hate. Now I have to root for them?

tumblr_pojhpzZSv61sdydefo1_400.gifv

While they play different positions, may they likely be competing for the same roster spot?

So would TC be Rick mahorn or Rodman?
Clearly Mahorn as an enforcer. Rodman despite all the weirdness, was one of the best one-on-one defenders of multiple positions in the NBA...not exactly Luka's tag line. Luka is known for offensive production and work ethic, although the former wasn't exactly Mahorn's tag line.

I hope TC is not the odd man out in Detro

With the NBA, you have to look at the team's contract structure. I believe they had multiple first round pics last year that are on guaranteed contracts, and they had four draft picks last night. They selected a second center a few pics after Luka, so hard seeing them keep both. I believe the first round picks have a guarantee contract, so will have to battle for 2nd rounders to make the roster. Cook has some money guaranteed, but it isn't his entire contract, so they could decide to eat that. Will be an interesting training camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT