ADVERTISEMENT

Luka Garza is picked #52 Overall by the Detroit Pistons. NBA Summer League debut is Aug 8, 7:30 PM on ESPN2

Status
Not open for further replies.

E7kwIi6WUAAS4x9

Maybe all those 3 point shooting videos Frank posted helped!

Right, because they wouldn't have known about the reigning NPOY without those?? Sorry, Fran, just done with the whole Frank thing. You suppose if Luka has a nice NBA career, that we'll be seeing video's of him and Frank working out in gyms? Jees. lets hope not....

Right, because they wouldn't have known about the reigning NPOY without those?? Sorry, Fran, just done with the whole Frank thing. You suppose if Luka has a nice NBA career, that we'll be seeing video's of him and Frank working out in gyms? Jees. lets hope not....
I doubt that we will, but just in case, hot tip......You don't have to watch them if you don't want to. I enjoy watching the big boy shoot bomb after bomb, so I watch them. Pretty simple how that works.

I doubt that we will, but just in case, hot tip......You don't have to watch them if you don't want to. I enjoy watching the big boy shoot bomb after bomb, so I watch them. Pretty simple how that works.
Ronman, I enjoy Lukas work. Thats all good. I'm responding to the post that Luka will get his shot in the league because of the videos that his dad, is posting. Sorry, but thats ridiculous. He's getting his shot because of all his hard work, and his achievments. Basically two time NPOY. First back to back BIG player of the year since Jim Jackson. The pro's know Luka, and I'm pretty sure it's not from watching those videos, which is all I said.

With the NBA, you have to look at the team's contract structure. I believe they had multiple first round pics last year that are on guaranteed contracts, and they had four draft picks last night. They selected a second center a few pics after Luka, so hard seeing them keep both. I believe the first round picks have a guarantee contract, so will have to battle for 2nd rounders to make the roster. Cook has some money guaranteed, but it isn't his entire contract, so they could decide to eat that. Will be an interesting training camp.
Detroit moves their G League team to Detroit this year so that the “practice squad” guts can be in the building in the morning and get minutes at night playing G League games. Look for lots of opportunities for Luka to get minutes this year with the Motor City Cruise if he doesn’t crack the Pistons roster right away. Can’t wait!

BS. Bill Laimbeer had more rebounds in the 1980s than any other NBA player. He has 2 rings and his number hangs in the Pistons rafters. Luka would kill for that kind of career.
A person can have that kind of career w/o being a punk.

Reactions: jamhawk
NHL doesn’t have many goons left. In the 80’s and 90’s the NBA had them and Laimbeer was the best with some offensive skills also.

Why would the head coach pay attention to a college kid? That's the scouts' and front office's job to know. Tells me they aren't communicating with the coach.

There were numerous opportunities for the head coach to be involved in discussing Luka's ability to consistently hit the 3:

* When the Pistons had him in for a work out

* In their pre-draft preparations, as they were preparing their draft board. Surely he saw tape of Luka then & how he could score inside and out.

* As the 2nd round started & they were looking at who was left to draft

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
There were numerous opportunities for the head coach to be involved in discussing Luka's ability to consistently hit the 3:

* When the Pistons had him in for a work out

* In their pre-draft preparations, as they were preparing their draft board. Surely he saw tape of Luka then & how he could score inside and out.

* As the 2nd round started & they were looking at who was left to draft

Like I said, it tells me the front office wasn't talking to the coach.

To be fair, Casey was somewhat misquoted:

Full Dwane Casey quote on Luka Garza: "Luka's a competitor and it's a situation where he knows how to play, and one thing that I didn't know is how good of a 3-point shooter. I knew he was a good shooter, but I didn't know how it would translate from Iowa to the NBA."

Last edited:

Official Detroit Summer League Roster​

• Saddiq Bey, F, 6-foot-7, Villanova
  • Tyler Cook, F, 6-foot-8, Iowa
  • Cade Cunningham, G/F, 6-foot-6, OK State
  • Sekou Doumbouya, F, 6-foot-9, Guinea
  • Blake Francis, G, 6-foot-0, Richmond
  • Luka Garza, C, 6-foot-11, Iowa
  • Killian Hayes, G, 6-foot-5, France
  • Grant Jerrett, F/C, 6-foot-10, Arizona
  • Saben Lee, G, 6-foot-2, Vanderbilt
  • Spencer Littleson, G, 6-foot-4, Toledo