ADVERTISEMENT

Maquoketa Caves Campground Shooting

Of course there are. Don’t be so sensitive about the failings of white America though. This country’s societal problems are mostly on us. I know it sucks to admit, but it’s the truth.
I guess I don’t feel the guilt you do…. and I am not sensitive to the “failures”. I am sensitive to the excessive criticism. No place on Earth is perfect and I think the USA gets much more right than wrong. Can we give accolades to white America for the things it has succeeded at just like you blame white America for the failures?

And the kids in a summer camp called SHALOM, ruined, scarred mentally.

Do all the gun cultists just think of this as “collateral damage “so they can have their “freedom “?

with all these guns and all these policies that make buying them so easily, it is a situation that by design is sanctioned constant threat of violence, the exact opposite of shalom.

and you would think that super religious people who hate abortion and love guns would want peace and want to beat swords into plowshares, but no, they want plowshares melted and cast into AR 15s.
In the past anyone could mail order a firearm out of the Sears and Roebuck catalog. Delivered to your door with nary a check.

There is no arguing the fact guns used to be easier to obtain than they are today.

Aside from institutionalizing 95% fewer people per capita than we did in the 1950s, what has changed?

Or was this type of thing more prevalent then?

I guess I don’t feel the guilt you do…. and I am not sensitive to the “failures”. I am sensitive to the excessive criticism. No place on Earth is perfect and I think the USA gets much more right than wrong. Can we give accolades to white America for the things it has succeeded at just like you blame white America for the failures?
Sure. Great interstate highway system. Love the First Amendment thing. Unfortunately, our people are hooked on drugs, we’ve got the most people incarcerated of anywhere on the planet, our insurance system is a joke, our healthcare rights are getting stripped away, college is unaffordable, kids and other innocent people are getting slaughtered by the thousands, and. it’s only going to get worse because white people act like whiny man-children.

Sure. Great interstate highway system. Love the First Amendment thing. Unfortunately, our people are hooked on drugs, we’ve got the most people incarcerated of anywhere on the planet, our insurance system is a joke, our healthcare rights are getting stripped away, college is unaffordable, kids and other innocent people are getting slaughtered by the thousands, and. it’s only going to get worse because white people act like whiny man-children.
But the roads!!! Hey, would it be inappropriate to say if you don’t like it here use the Interstate Highway System to leave? I mean people sneak in here by the millions. Can’t be as bad as you say…..you must be a miserable human being….

But the roads!!! Hey, would it be inappropriate to say if you don’t like it here use the Interstate Highway System to leave? I mean people sneak in here by the millions. Can’t be as bad as you say…..you must be a miserable human being….
Yeah, we should definitely carry our flag around like a security blanket, sucking our thumbs, and pretending we are perfect. Sounds like an adult way to behave.

You can’t go to school, you can’t go to a parade, you can’t go to church in Ames Iowa, you can’t go to a family campground in Iowa, and just have any reassurance that you can be safe. And then you have people on these boards talking about how awesome A.R. 15’s are, how everybody needs more guns to protect themselves and each other, all the same insanity.

The gun cult is the Trump cult is the racist white supremacist and Christian fundamentalist cult is the death cult, by and large.

This was a tragedy for all who have died, and everyone who was just trying to have a little vacation in a beautiful park. It just makes me sick.
We’ve been spoiled rotten and it’s foolish to think it’s not going to happen at a major sporting event sometime extremely soon. Think of how many people a mass shooter could take out on Melrose 30 minutes before kickoff of an Iowa game. What’s the plan in place to prevent that? Prayers, I guess.

We’ve been spoiled rotten and it’s foolish to think it’s not going to happen at a major sporting event sometime extremely soon. Think of how many people a mass shooter could take out on Melrose 30 minutes before kickoff of an Iowa game. What’s the plan in place to prevent that? Prayers, I guess.
Or some crazy in just about any vehicle flying down the street picking people off…

I think you missed my point. You said that a domestic situation + gun = Tragedy. I posted a link to a domestic situation that didn't involve a gun yet three children died so in your mind it must not have been a tragedy. Then I said that at least in the Ames situation, it would probably have ended the same way without a gun at some point as a sick individual wanted to harm another individual, but maybe the other lady survives. I don't know what happened today so I don't know how a lack of gun would have changed things there. Maybe only one of the three people dies?
Woman drowns three = what a sick, evil human.

Man shoots three = this is the gun’s fault

One of the arguments used by some on here for stricter gun control and regulations is that they could make it harder to kill large amounts of people.

So what’s the response when someone with a gun shoots the mass shooter at the mall in Indiana? “Oh geez, so glad it was only three dead. A victory for stupid cons and gun nuts.”

Moral fabric in this society has decayed. Other’s lives are simply not valued as they should be. This is much bigger than guns. Way, waaaaaayyyy bigger.

One of the arguments used by some on here for stricter gun control and regulations is that they could make it harder to kill large amounts of people.

So what’s the response when someone with a gun shoots the mass shooter at the mall in Indiana? “Oh geez, so glad it was only three dead. A victory for stupid cons and gun nuts.”

Moral fabric in this society has decayed. Other’s lives are simply not valued as they should be. This is much bigger than guns. Way, waaaaaayyyy bigger.
Does a woman drown three every single day in America?

Reactions: cjr1310 and littlez

Your last sentence also justifies calls for "red flag laws". And that's yet another item the Radical Right refuses to accept.

Has Kimberly ordered flags to half staff yet? Maybe she just needs to check with the NRA to make sure the most recent political donation cleared the bank.

Reactions: Dorrman and lucas80
You can’t go to school, you can’t go to a parade, you can’t go to church in Ames Iowa, you can’t go to a family campground in Iowa, and just have any reassurance that you can be safe. And then you have people on these boards talking about how awesome A.R. 15’s are, how everybody needs more guns to protect themselves and each other, all the same insanity.

The gun cult is the Trump cult is the racist white supremacist and Christian fundamentalist cult is the death cult, by and large.

This was a tragedy for all who have died, and everyone who was just trying to have a little vacation in a beautiful park. It just makes me sick.
Um, hello? Fascism's feeling left out.

Does a woman drown three every single day in America?

No, but that wasn’t really the point.

Your last sentence also justifies calls for "red flag laws". And that's yet another item the Radical Right refuses to accept.

Has Kimberly ordered flags to half staff yet? Maybe she just needs to check with the NRA to make sure the most recent political donation cleared the bank.
I would be OK with red flag laws, FWIW.

Reactions: MitchLL
We've let this happen and it's only going to get worse.

Interesting thread we have here.

Usually these types of incidents have a page or two about how awful of a situation its/t's&p's, ect. before they move into gallows humor and petty bickering...especially when it's so close to home.

I suppose this is psychic numbing happening in real time.
I think what has happened recently in Maqueketa is horrible. And it saddens me deeply. We are in a grave situation. One that I do not think we can rise from. Mental health?? Sure, it’s great talk. But we are no where near to address that complexity. Gun control?? Forget it. We as a country can’t decide on one damn thing. If we had to decide what pants to wear, we would sit on the bed doing nothing.

The "plan" part, outside of law enforcement response, is heavily focused on clean up and messaging about emotional support. At least as far as the University is concerned.

The last time shots were fired on campus that stuff was painted over before most of us woke up for the day.

Flick, you worry too much. You know that "Iowans just do the right thing"....so there is nothing to worry about.....unless it is a deranged visiting fan.

In the past anyone could mail order a firearm out of the Sears and Roebuck catalog. Delivered to your door with nary a check.

There is no arguing the fact guns used to be easier to obtain than they are today.

Aside from institutionalizing 95% fewer people per capita than we did in the 1950s, what has changed?

You mean back before the 70s when the NRA was a gun safety organization, and not a fascist corporate lobbying group allied with a political party that is actively trying to destroy democracy and institutionalize Christian fundamentalism, Limiting the rights of women even more than does sharia law?

I finally broke down and bought my own AR 15. It can wipe out a school, a church, a concert, and even a cave. I just couldn't deny the versatility anymore.

Bull shit.
1/6 comes to mind.......Charlestown comes to mind......"America....Love it or Leave it!" sound familiar?
Funny you didn't remember my friend and local banker being murdered. You indicated it was OK because evil bankers were charging too high of interest rates at the time. His murder helped lower interest rates according to you. BTW he used a 12 gauge shotgun to kill his 3 victims then himself. Don't act like you care about innocents being murdered unless you can lay blame at the feet of Team Red...still the hypocrite, don't ever change...

You mean back before the 70s when the NRA was a gun safety organization, and not a fascist corporate lobbying group allied with a political party that is actively trying to destroy democracy and institutionalize Christian fundamentalism, Limiting the rights of women even more than does sharia law?
Awesome tapestry of deflection.
Since you responded to me, can you address the question I raised?

As a nation it’s clear we have accepted 2A trumps all other rights, even life and liberty. So…I’m really just done pretending this stuff is shocking anymore…just another day here in paradise….

What if I told you White America created the problem? But that wouldn’t fit your StormFront talking points, I know.
Yep, nothing black Americans could do, nary a one could ever have been successful in this shit hole, racist country....well, unless a white savior such as yourself came along and helped them.

How little do you truly think of people of color?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT