ADVERTISEMENT

Maybe this saves the Republican Party

He gave away the game in that post...

"...the ACA hasn’t and doesn’t do a fvcking thing for me."

That's Trump's narcissistic thinking.

Yeah, that’s actual just an odd thing to say. The ACA wasn’t designed to help everyone directly, But it’s damn good for the country as a whole. I think living in a country where fewer people face catastrophic financial loss because their healthcare is tied to their job is a good thing.

We need trump to be sentenced to jail for a long time for that to happen. I'm all for it, but as is, in all likelihood this is going to amount to a slap on the wrist, and then thrown out on appeal due to the problems with the case/trial.

I'm afraid the nation is stuck with Biden v Trump.

What problems are there that would justify “throwing out” the verdict?

Reactions: mthawkeyes
where was all this concern for the sanctity of political compromise during the presentation of the bipartisan immigration bill

it always seems like that dedication to bipartisanship goes away as soon as an actual product of it is presented
The bill didn’t go far enough to limit immigration. I would have taken in, but understood they were making Biden own his “surge to the border “ quote. Politics is dirty.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkMD
Every single major elected GOP official's reaction to the verdict was in the DMR this morning. All of them called the trial politically motivated, an injustice, a sham, etc. Not one of those elected "leaders" addressed anything that they had issue with regarding the facts/merits of the case of application of the law. Every single one of them is either in the cult or fully understands that they are supporting a cult out of political expedience. There is no saving a party whose leaders are utterly lacking in judgment and character, and none of them belong anywhere the levers of power.

where was all this concern for the sanctity of political compromise during the presentation of the bipartisan immigration bill

it always seems like that dedication to bipartisanship goes away as soon as an actual product of it is presented
Just because you name something doesn't mean that is what it actually is. That bill was shit and there is actually a good one sitting on a desk.

A portion went to the border and had 5k ( ?) A day. Non starter.

Yeah cuz I’m just a MAGA right? Also as I’ve mentioned before, the ACA hasn’t and doesn’t do a fvcking thing for me.
I guess I better jump ship and support something that doesn’t do anything for me.
If you want to keep your boner for the ACA that’s great but how about thinking about others as well. Not just being one sided and supporting what you want.
Like I said, you need to compromise and work together.
This argument is weird. You start out by saying the ACA does nothing for you at all so why would you support it then go on this tangent saying he should think of others and not being one sided. If you took your own advice maybe you would realize the reason you should support the ACA is because it may not have helped you but it has helped millions and millions of Americans. Seems you need to do a little self reflection and take your own advice.

You can claim it’s equal all day long. But you realize that if your party had nominated Nikki Haley - the guy you hate would be in a run for his life right now for the presidency in 2024, right? That’s all the evidence you need that your side is the one that can’t get its head out of its own ass. The recipe for balance and reasonable division is/was there for the taking. Instead, you guys went Trump. The problem you have isn’t with Dems, it’s with yourselves and the cancerous Trump / MAGA.
I still don’t understand the campaign strategy by republicans during the primary season. Most of them campaigned as tho Trump wasn’t running, Haley didn’t do so until it was far too late.
Just like if you guys elected someone other than brain dead Joe, you’d be getting some more votes to the Democratic Party. I’m not sure who I’ll vote for but I know it won’t be Trump or Biden.

Also I have no idea what the bolded section of your post is supposed to mean.
Had republicans repudiated trump, I’m convinced Biden doesn’t run for re-election.

Just because you name something doesn't mean that is what it actually is. That bill was shit and there is actually a good one sitting on a desk.

a bill negotiated between an independent, a democrat, and a republican is by definition "bipartisan"

the one you claim is sitting on a desk is the one that only had input or support from one political party

my comment was directed specifically at the people extolling the virtues of political compromise and how we need to move back from extremes...that means supporting bills that are the product of political compromise even if they don't satisfy the political extremes on that issue

if you aren't a person who thinks our parties need to work together, move back from extremes, and compromise more...then i wasn't directing my comment to you

What’s happening with our border and immigration in general is not good for our nation. Also, check out Western Europe, they are also dealing with a larger percentage of “Islamic “refugees. Check out the crime stats there now. We can’t keep taking people in who don’t believe in traditional American values.
Get your side in order and we can fix the border. Dems have proven they are willing to work on it your side is the issue at this point how can you not see it?

It’s funny that you think that the bill that was written entirely by republicans is a good one as opposed to the one that was a product of bipartisan negotiation.

What problems are there that would justify “throwing out” the verdict?
That's just middle of the road BS. One side agrees with the jury, saying he's guilty. The other side disregards the facts, saying he's not guilty. So the above it all, "moderate" high ground is that Trump is a crook, but the jury must have misapplied the law so he shouldn't have been convicted. No matter what kind of outrageous BS the Trump cult is peddling, the truth has to lie in the middle.

a bill negotiated between an independent, a democrat, and a republican is by definition "bipartisan"

the one you claim is sitting on a desk is the one that only had input or support from one political party

my comment was directed specifically at the people extolling the virtues of political compromise and how we need to move back from extremes...that means supporting bills that are the product of political compromise even if they don't satisfy the political extremes on that issue

if you aren't a person who thinks our parties need to work together, move back from extremes, and compromise more...then i wasn't directing my comment

It’s funny that you think that the bill that was written entirely by republicans is a good one as opposed to the one that was a product of bipartisan negotiation.
The people who authored that have been discussed countless times. Calling that a republican is youe starting point for bullshit detection.

• Haha
Reactions: sober_teacher
Why are you losing your shit at me? Lol.

You’re unbelievable.

I hate to say this, but unhinged liberals like you are what attracts so many conservatives to Trump in the first place.

You need to relax. @Whiskeydeltadeltatango, come get your boy. Tell him to drop a Chis bomb elsewhere.
I understand what you're saying, but I have been waiting 5 years for someone to prove Chis wrong on any of his takes on today's Republican party.

No normal Republican can speak out against the cult leader. I just heard that Larry Hogan, who is I think running for Senate, tweeted out something about respecting the rule of law no matter what the Trump verdict was. After the verdict someone in the Trump campaign tweeted at him that he just ruined his political career.

It's all about loyalty to one dude. Bend the knee. There is nothing that I read or hear them say that tells me anything that Chis has been saying is wrong. Trump/MAGA want a fascist regime that never allows a change in power. They want to subvert the Constitution. Trump's lawyer, in court, answers that under the right circumstances he could have a political rival executed. That's Russia. That's nothing about what our service members have fought and died for.

Again, still waiting for someone to prove him wrong and the guys that laugh about possibly losing American Democracy correct. Nothing from Trump and Republicans in Congress are showing me anything different. My former party has gone batshit crazy.

This argument is weird. You start out by saying the ACA does nothing for you at all so why would you support it then go on this tangent saying he should think of others and not being one sided. If you took your own advice maybe you would realize the reason you should support the ACA is because it may not have helped you but it has helped millions and millions of Americans. Seems you need to do a little self reflection and take your own advice.
Did I ever mention in this thread anything about opposing the ACA? I said it’s great that it helps people but it does nothing for me. Fast forward and I say we should try and do more for both sides.
Seems you need a new thinking cap or glasses or something.
Stop, reflect and work together to bring this country out of the misery it is in

That's just middle of the road BS. One side agrees with the jury, saying he's guilty. The other side disregards the facts, saying he's not guilty. So the above it all, "moderate" high ground is that Trump is a crook, but the jury must have misapplied the law so he shouldn't have been convicted. No matter what kind of outrageous BS the Trump cult is peddling, the truth has to lie in the middle.
I’m not sure where the middle ground is when one side completely refuses to debate the case on its merits and just claims the whole thing was political persecution.

Reactions: mjtommy
The people who authored that have been discussed countless times. Calling that a republican is youe starting point for bullshit detection.
i know...senator lankford - the guy who had trump's endorsement specifically for being "strong on the border" is now an apostate because he actually put his name on a compromise immigration bill

again...if you don't want any compromise or bipartisanship on the border (or anywhere else)...that's OK. my initial comment wasn't for you then

I understand what you're saying, but I have been waiting 5 years for someone to prove Chis wrong on any of his takes on today's Republican party.

No normal Republican can speak out against the cult leader. I just heard that Larry Hogan, who is I think running for Senate, tweeted out something about respecting the rule of law no matter what the Trump verdict was. After the verdict someone in the Trump campaign tweeted at him that he just ruined his political career.

It's all about loyalty to one dude. Bend the knee. There is nothing that I read or hear them say that tells me anything that Chis has been saying is wrong. Trump/MAGA want a fascist regime that never allows a change in power. They want to subvert the Constitution. Trump's lawyer, in court, answers that under the right circumstances he could have a political rival executed. That's Russia. That's nothing about what our service members have fought and died for.

Again, still waiting for someone to prove him wrong and the guys that laugh about possibly losing American Democracy correct. Nothing from Trump and Republicans in Congress are showing me anything different. My former party has gone batshit crazy.
You are so full of shit. Dudes been wrong a hundred times. Gaetz going to Jail? Trump was going to stop free speech right? O wait that's Biden in Missouri.

The reason you can't find all the dumb ahit he says is he deletes the threads when he loses his shit after being proven wrong. What you have, is confirmation bias.

I still don’t understand the campaign strategy by republicans during the primary season. Most of them campaigned as tho Trump wasn’t running, Haley didn’t do so until it was far too late.

Had republicans repudiated trump, I’m convinced Biden doesn’t run for re-election.

You speak truth, but you’re talking to a brick wall.

Even worse, it’s a brick wall that thinks he’s enlightened and has all the answers.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
I always get a kick out of these types of comments. The Republican Party didn’t do anything about Trump so we decided not to better our own party as well.

Wouldn’t that be a great time to show you want to improve your party and show you care about the country and get some new voters. Instead we still have two turd sandwiches to choose from.

I don't think Trump is going to prison for these guilty verdicts but the Republican party would run him from prison at this point.

It's completely and utterly a cult. It used to have an agenda, a platform that even if you disagreed with it you recognized that they had an ideology and plans for what they wanted to do if given power.

Now you just don't know what they want other than "secure the border" That is the one and only actual issue they are running on. Everything else is completely centered on Trump and whatever he feels that particular moment.

A bunch of them were willing to risk criminal charges in order to attempt a coup in 2016 and while it took some time eventually most of the politicians in the Republican party have gone ahead and applauded the coup attempt and claimed that basically everyone being charged in that coup attempt are "political prisoners".

There is zero reason to think there is anything too low that they would stop at...

Last edited:
I always get a kick out of these types of comments. The Republican Party didn’t do anything about Trump so we decided not to better our own party as well.

Wouldn’t that be a great time to show you want to improve your party and show you care about the country and get some new voters. Instead we still have two turd sandwiches to choose from.

The DNC is supposed to scrap the incumbent POTUS because the GOP tripled down on Trump? Do GOP voters possess any agency in your mind, or are they all just reactionary robots?

Last edited:
We need trump to be sentenced to jail for a long time for that to happen. I'm all for it, but as is, in all likelihood this is going to amount to a slap on the wrist, and then thrown out on appeal due to the problems with the case/trial.

I'm afraid the nation is stuck with Biden v Trump.
We are likely stuck with Trump v Biden - and in that case, the choice is crystal clear - but the case was a slam dunk. The jury made that clear. On what point would it be appealed?

Don't equate Biden with a rapist and felon. It makes you look silly. The two men are not in the same vein as the type of human beings they are.

I don't think Trump is going to prison for these guilty verdicts but the Republican party would run him from prison at this point.

It's completely and utterly a cult. It used to have an agenda, a platform that even if you disagreed with it you recognized that they had an ideology and plans for what they wanted to do if given power.

Now you just don't know what they want other than "secure the border" That is the one and only actual issue they are running on. Everything else is completely centered on Trump and whatever he feels that particular moment.

A bunch of them were willing to risk criminal charges in order to attempt a coup in 2016 and while it took some time eventually most of the politicians in the Republican party have gone ahead and applauded the coup attempt and claimed that basically everyone being charged in that coup attempt are "political prisoners".

There is zero reason to think there is anything too low that they would stop at...

Their thoughts on immigration and border security are as unrealistic as anything else they posit.

Reactions: sober_teacher
Thirty-four felonies but the lowest class felony (Class E) under NY law. Hard to make a call on this one - the number of charges versus the weight of the felony. I wouldn't be surprised to see a very restrictive probation...actual prison time might be a stretch.

Oh he's going to prison. It may not be rikers island. But it will be some sort of prison. That's a virtual lock.

Yeah, that’s actual just an odd thing to say. The ACA wasn’t designed to help everyone directly, But it’s damn good for the country as a whole. I think living in a country where fewer people face catastrophic financial loss because their healthcare is tied to their job is a good thing.
Exactly. Millions getting access to preventative care versus endless visits to the ER? It does help everyone in some way.

Reactions: artradley
Thirty-four felonies but the lowest class felony (Class E) under NY law. Hard to make a call on this one - the number of charges versus the weight of the felony. I wouldn't be surprised to see a very restrictive probation...actual prison time might be a stretch.
Dude lost a rape trial. Lost a $400M fraud trial, attacked the judge. Attacked his daughter. Shows zero remorse. He's going to prison. That's a foregone conclusion.

Dude lost a rape trial. Lost a $400M fraud trial, attacked the judge. Attacked his daughter. Shows zero remorse. He's going to prison. That's a foregone conclusion.

Even if he does from what I heard he will remain out on bail while his appeals go through.

Would bring about an interesting constitutional/political crisis if he's elected president and his appeals fail and he's legally required by NY state law to report to jail.

Don't equate Biden with a rapist and felon. It makes you look silly. The two men are not in the same vein as the type of human beings they are.
want her dj mustard GIF by Worldstar Hip Hop

I just thought I’d post something completely irrelevant as well.

Even if he does from what I heard he will remain out on bail while his appeals go through.

Would bring about an interesting constitutional/political crisis if he's elected president and his appeals fail and he's legally required by NY state law to report to jail.
I don't even know if he has grounds for an appeal.

want her dj mustard GIF by Worldstar Hip Hop

I just thought I’d post something completely irrelevant as well.
Really? You sure you didn't talk about them as if they are the same? You sure you didn't, once again, attempt your idiotic "both sides" BS? Let's go to the tape:

Instead we still have two turd sandwiches to choose from.
Speaking of a turd sandwich...

New Jersey GIF by GIPHY News

Every single major elected GOP official's reaction to the verdict was in the DMR this morning. All of them called the trial politically motivated, an injustice, a sham, etc. Not one of those elected "leaders" addressed anything that they had issue with regarding the facts/merits of the case of application of the law. Every single one of them is either in the cult or fully understands that they are supporting a cult out of political expedience. There is no saving a party whose leaders are utterly lacking in judgment and character, and none of them belong anywhere the levers of power.
Just wait until many of them get voted out and listen to the rigged election bullshit…

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT