*****Michigan vs Iowa Game Thread*****

QChawks

HB King
Feb 11, 2013
Quad Cities
3:30m BTN
Iowa -4.5
O/U 159.5

This is not a good Michigan team (4-5) coming to Iowa City. They’ve lost 3 straight and 5 of the last 6 games.

Iowa is no good either (5-4), losing 3 of the last 5 games.

For some reason I think the hawks get the dub today in this pillow fight 84-77

Iowa is not a great team at this time, still time to improve. The 4 losses are against average and above teams. Figure out who wants to be there. Bring Patrick off the bench and limit minutes to 10 a game.

Season is not lost, plenty of winnable games

Iowa is not a great team at this time, still time to improve. The 4 losses are against average and above teams. Figure out who wants to be there. Bring Patrick off the bench and limit minutes to 10 a game.

Season is not lost, plenty of winnable games
Sounds good, of course we all know that Pmac is not going to be relegated to the bench, so.....

McDaniel will probably go off for 30 given we have nobody to cover him/speed. Michigan is not very good, but physical, need I say more.

This could very much be a pivotal game in Iowa’s season.

If Iowa has one of those games where the offense is clicking and they put up like 90 points or something, winning by double digits, then the fans saying this will be a normal Fran year with Iowa winning roughly 20 games and getting an at large bid to the tournament are probably correct.

If Iowa gives up a bunch of points to Michigan and loses something like 85-72, then the fans saying Iowa is at best an NIT team are probably correct.

This could very much be a pivotal game in Iowa’s season.

If Iowa has one of those games where the offense is clicking and they put up like 90 points or something, winning by double digits, then the fans saying this will be a normal Fran year with Iowa winning roughly 20 games and getting an at large bid to the tournament are probably correct.

If Iowa gives up a bunch of points to Michigan and loses something like 85-72, then the fans saying Iowa is at best an NIT team are probably correct.

Perfect tip time. Perfect weather. The weekend. Michigan. Tickets on StubHub for $5.00.

This game should sell out. The arena should be full.

Will it?

Reactions: RagnarLothbrok
I don't even know if I'll be able to stay awake through the women's game. Going to be a long day.

Reactions: Hawksfor3
I don't even know if I'll be able to stay awake through the women's game. Going to be a long day.
palpitating-while-drinking-coffee-jmijo212lglaxxqy.gif

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: Hawksfor3 and Moral
i think so; i think finals week starts tomorrow
Yeah. If the weather is nice, no reason not to get out and see a Big Ten game Iowa should win.

If I weren’t like 900 miles away, I would take my family to the game. Five dollar tickets are cheap entertainment these days.

Reactions: Franisdaman
$5.00 tickets on the secondary market are a sign of current fan apathy; hopefully that changes.
Unfortunately, it’s not like football where you make a day out of it tailgating and drinking.

I remember in the 1990s Carver always seemed loud and was rockin. Today it seems like a concert hall on TV. I think after Lickliter fans gave up on basketball. I’m not sure what would bring them back. Obviously, not a lot of fans are excited about this team.

Unfortunately, it’s not like football where you make a day out of it tailgating and drinking.

I remember in the 1990s Carver always seemed loud and was rockin. Today it seems like a concert hall on TV. I think after Lickliter fans gave up on basketball. I’m not sure what would bring them back. Obviously, not a lot of fans are excited about this team.

seems like people don't want to deal with parking and watching on their big screen at home is their preference.

seems like people don't want to deal with parking and watching on their big screen at home is their preference.
Do you think any of it has to do with the conference's scheduling? I feel like we rarely play on Saturdays and are constantly playing on Sunday.

And this is just me but if I dont have to work on Sunday I dedicate it to maybe doing a few chores and being lazy. Even if I lived in IC I'm not sure I'd go unless my boys were begging me too.

Do you think any of it has to do with the conference's scheduling? I feel like we rarely play on Saturdays and are constantly playing on Sunday.

And this is just me but if I dont have to work on Sunday I dedicate it to maybe doing a few chores and being lazy. Even if I lived in IC I'm not sure I'd go unless my boys were begging me too.

This year, the home schedule is as good as it's been in a LONG time. 8 of the 10 home conference games are on the weekend.

Fri Jan 12, Nebraska
Fri Feb 2, Ohio State

Sat Jan 6, Rutgers
Sat Jan 20, Purdue
Sat Feb 17, Wisconsin

Sun Dec 10, Michigan
Sun Feb 11, Minnesota
Sun March 10, Illinois

This year, the home schedule is as good as it's been in a LONG time. 8 of the 10 home conference games are on the weekend.

Fri Jan 12, Nebraska
Fri Feb 2, Ohio State

Sat Jan 6, Rutgers
Sat Jan 20, Purdue
Sat Feb 17, Wisconsin

Sun Dec 10, Michigan
Sun Feb 11, Minnesota
Sun March 10, Illinois
I will with the vitriol between Fran and Underwood? at Illinois the B1G needs to be better promoting that and making sure its in a good time slot.

Iowa ought to be able to win 1/2 its games in B1G at Carver.

This should be a win given Michigan looks to be terrible.

Its a given some nobody from Michigan will go off, but Iowa can outscore Michigan.

A complete copout, but I really could see this game go in any direction and have no sense of which is more likely. um blowout win, Iowa blowout win, close um win, close Iowa win all seem about equally likely.

Michigan will come in and over power the paint with their bigs and play string pressure D on the perimeter like all the teams that have beat the Hawks this season. It’s going to be this game plan vs the Hawks all season I’m afraid. Add in Iowa’s soft D and you will see a team that struggles to score go off on the offensive end of their court.

Reactions: DewHawk
Well, this is one improvement in the starting lineup. Saucy is going to have to handle the ball or this too could be a problem. Substitute Bowen for Patrick and we'd have something.

Decent defense there. Absolutely a shot clock violation.

So much for a home court clock operator!

LOL. So Sandfort had the ball for 1 second while diving was possession...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT