ADVERTISEMENT

Mods mind explaining why homophobic slurs against posters is ok behavior on here?

Guy just deleted his "whimps" comment, so for this I will say to you:

If and when the time comes to fight, I will be on the side of what's right. And as much as its worth, you will know my fury when you face a "whimp"
Jesus christ, this is just pure cringe.

Reactions: TennNole17
Clearly they are fine with this stuff. It’s troubling. It isn’t just the OT board. Basketball and football threads go sideways pretty fast, too.
Speaking of people I've seen make abusive comments who now claim to have been simply "pointing out inconsistencies"

How exactly did you point out the mods inconsistencies? What specific words and tone did you use? I get the feeling a number of people repeating this line did not make those comments with any semblance of respect. I know I've seen a lot of shit posts "pointing out" things to the mods while basically just cussing them out and calling them names (general leftist tantruming). Just wondering how many of you are misrepresenting your actual behavior.

Many of us have pointed it out in multiple ways. My comment in this thread got deleted, and it did not contain anything like the slurs pointed out in the OP. And yet the mods have yet to make a comment in this thread about why hate speech is tolerated on this forum, yet posts questioning that are ignored or deleted.

Political differences are one thing. Hate speech should never be tolerated on this board.

For my friends on ignore, I would just say this: when push comes to shove, I will be ready to meet you.

Many of us have pointed it out in multiple ways. My comment in this thread got deleted, and it did not contain anything like the slurs pointed out in the OP. And yet the mods have yet to make a comment in this thread about why hate speech is tolerated on this forum, yet posts questioning that are ignored or deleted.

Political differences are one thing. Hate speech should never be tolerated on this board.
I've never seen anyone call Huey the f word and I see most of the dramatic exchanges that taken place thanks to my "insomnia". Did the mods maybe delete those comments too? Are they still available to see on the forum today? The fact that the mods let this convo go on is actually quite rare by today's internet standards. Do you think a reddit mod would allow this topic to stay online? They'd ban Huey from the entire platform for posting a complaint like this.

No response to the question I see, simply baseless attacks. Good night, jwolf.
Well shit, since you never saw the posts I'm sure they didn't happen. Here's the thing.... Even if they were deleted, the poster is still here shitposting daily.

Reactions: BelemNole
He was the first person I ever had to pull the trigger and put on ignore.
Yeah, not only was he insufferable in the amount and content of his posts, he often was outright misogynistic, racist, and threatening to other posters.

To this day I'm hopeful it was a Russian troll account because God forbid someone like that walks among us. Once you called him out, he often just ignored you.

Reactions: sober_teacher
Wouldn't queer just be a misnomer since technically you're bisexual?

queer
/kwir/
adjective
1. strange; odd.
"she had a queer feeling that they were being watched"
2. denoting or relating to a sexual or gender identity that does not correspond to established ideas of sexuality and gender, especially heterosexual norms.

I've been called a Trump supporter and MAGA, which is 100x worse, but you don't see me whining to the mods. :cool:
So how does one whine to a mod?

Boohoo. The OP says all kinds of vile things about Trump and the right but cries and complains to the mods when it's done to him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well shit, since you never saw the posts I'm sure they didn't happen. Here's the thing.... Even if they were deleted, the poster is still here shitposting daily.
There are posters still here (literally many in this thread) who have outright cussed out the mods directly lol the application is fair, you just seem upset that bans don't happen sooner against the people you don't like. Obviously the behavior wasn't tolerated and the content deleted and the poster warned or temp suspended.
Still no official statement by the mods in this thread. Posters are being attacked with homophobic slurs and the mods refuse to address it. Tells you everything you need to know about this place.
You are free to go at any time. Nobody is keeping you here and the mods don't owe you anything.

Not condoning the name calling but why are you entitled to a response considering ALL of the slander and threats on this forum?

Reactions: Scruddy
There are posters still here (literally many in this thread) who have outright cussed out the mods directly lol the application is fair, you just seem upset that bans don't happen sooner against the people you don't like. Obviously the behavior wasn't tolerated and the content deleted and the poster warned or temp suspended.

You are free to go at any time. Nobody is keeping you here and the mods don't owe you anything.
Except is was tolerated, because those posters are still here.

Except is was tolerated, because those posters are still here.
Huey and chis are still here after being abusive to other posters. They are somewhat recently back from 7 day suspensions each. I don't know the history of every poster here but I imagine the mods did the exact same to the posters insulting Huey. They deleted the content at minimum. Do you think perma bans should happen quicker? If that's the case the OP is out of here too so keep that in mind before you answer.

Not having time for certain people doesn't make me a snowflake. I'm here for me and the lols. Sorry not sorry.
You are....
2zhIM1A.gif

Reactions: Moral
Agree he should at least have had a time out.

Side note: I thought queer was ok to say nowadays. Or is that only ok for LBGTQ+ people to say? Context it’s used? Kind of like the N word?

Serious question.
It depends entirely on however the person you're talking to feels at that moment in time. I'm not trolling with this response, I'm 100% serious. It also changes drastically from LGBQ person to LGBQ person.

Agree he should at least have had a time out.

Side note: I thought queer was ok to say nowadays. Or is that only ok for LBGTQ+ people to say? Context it’s used? Kind of like the N word?

Serious question.
I’ve heard gay guys call each other British cigarettes, their response was they were only half a British cigarette.

• Haha
Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
Huey and chis are still here after being abusive to other posters. They are somewhat recently back from 7 day suspensions each. I don't know the history of every poster here but I imagine the mods did the exact same to the posters insulting Huey. They deleted the content at minimum. Do you think perma bans should happen quicker? If that's the case the OP is out of here too so keep that in mind before you answer.
I got a temporary hiatus for something I said. I’m still trying to figure out what is fair game and what is taboo.

Regardless, it’s not my message board. I doubt most of us are paying for shit. The mods can run this place how they see fit. I will report content if I think something is too ridiculous, but that’s where it ends for me. Personally, I like it when people out themselves as bigoted or complete imbeciles. I prefer to know people’s true feelings. Unfortunately, there are too many cowards on here too pussy to admit what they are (on an anonymous message board no less…lol).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT