ADVERTISEMENT

No FSU or Clemson for now. Boo.

But got spanked by a UF team FSU beat soundly.... So if FSU were to join the BIG it would do at least as good as Iowa....like I said if/when FSU joins it would be the 6th best team AT WORSE
Where did Iowa play them? In my lifetime Iowa has played Florida 4 times…all 4 in Florida.

I will probably sound like a northern snob, but is Clemson Big Ten caliber academically? I know football is what matters but still.

If the Big Ten took Nebraska and Oregon, they’ll take Clemson.

Using USNWR rankings in order with PAC teams in underline and ACC possibilities bolded

10 Duke
10 Northwestern
18 Notre Dame
20 Cal
20 UCLA

25 Michigan
25 USC
25 Virginia
38 Wisconsin
41 Illinois
44 Georgia Tech
49 Ohio State
51 Purdue
55 Florida State
55 Rutgers
55 Maryland
55 Miami
55 Washington
62 Minnesota
72 Indiana
77 Clemson
77 Michigan State
77 Pedo State
83 Iowa
105 Oregon
151 Nebraska

More TVs = more eyeballs. This isn’t hard to grasp. Miami has won three national titles in my lifetime (born in 1988). They are a big brand and bring much bigger opportunities than the Tallahassee market.

Stop thinking so shortsighted.

You mean more "theoretical eyeballs." And history shows that just because there are theoretical eyeballs it won't equate to actual viewers. If that was the case Boston College, Rutgers, Miami, GT would all dominate viewership and be the most coveted schools. But they don't. College football doesn't offer a conversion rate and I'd submit that the schools know that and don't try to market themselves that way. With your logic, FIU would be a great choice (and yes, there are differences between Miami, hell, UCF would be more attractive).

Top 15 outperform USC and all are drastically smaller markets. College football viewership is much more driven by student body size, and winning.

They even mention why your thought process is wrong in this article

F2jo59oWkAA9xCN

But what about the TVs! (aka theoretical eyeballs) Doesn't that change reality? Miami hasn't captured the market in the last 40 years, but they might sometime in the future.

I love this guys! Looks like we have the first rivalry for FSU in the B1G!!!!

I love this expansion for the B1G. Let’s get this conference to 24 teams and get the CFP to 16 teams. Let’s have 6 teams from both the B1G and SEC then 4 at large from the lower tier conferences.

Didn’t read all the posts, but is Clemson even AAU? I know Florida State was rejected. If Florida State joined their “rival”would have to be Nebraska, right? Call it something like the Dumbass Bowl? Idiot Bowl? Education Optional Bowl? Mississippi Bowl? Florida Man vs Larry the Cable Guy Bowl?

Didn’t read all the posts, but is Clemson even AAU? I know Florida State was rejected. If Florida State joined their “rival”would have to be Nebraska, right? Call it something like the Dumbass Bowl? Idiot Bowl? Education Optional Bowl? Mississippi Bowl? Florida Man vs Larry the Cable Guy Bowl?

You do know that FSU's academics (top 20 public university) are better than most of the schools in the BIG, including Iowa's.....and if USF was selected over FSU, what does that say about the quality of said status?

I nominate you to be the Chairman of the Dumbass Bowl Selection Committee.
I bet you’ll look awesome in your Committee blazer done up in shades of corn yellow and brown pork poop.
Keep your day job, twit.

Reactions: runkpanole
You do know that FSU's academics (top 20 public university) are better than most of the schools in the BIG, including Iowa's.....and if USF was selected over FSU, what does that say about the quality of said status?
I'll explain this to you Noles. You see to us Iowans, you cannot be good at football AND academics. Since you're good (or trending that way) We just assume you're idiots. It's one of our loveable quirks

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT