ADVERTISEMENT

No Kem next year?

I’d almost think it’d help Iowa and Pokes more. Wrestlers are celebrities in IC and Stilly. I wouldn’t say the same about PA.
Doesn't matter if they are celebrities or not, it matters who has rich fans willing to pay money for "their likeness". They are already funneling money under the table now. When they can do it above the table it will be rediculous.

While I see the logic behind NCAA athletes getting compensated other than scholarships, I think it would have a far more negative impact than positive. If the NCAA goes this route and you think you have a lot of haves and have nots now, just wait. Regardless of the sport, the schools with money and large donors will get all the top athletes. The kids could basically look at it as a job and choose the school that they will make the most money in endorsements at. How will that work for any of the smaller colleges?!
Correct.

Couldn't a booster for example approach a recruit and say that they will sign a $100k advertising contract with them to use their likeness if the sign with the school?

There are seemingly endless iterations of ways this can be abused.

Correct.

Couldn't a booster for example approach a recruit and say that they will sign a $100k advertising contract with them to use their likeness if the sign with the school?

There are seemingly endless iterations of way the current quagmire can be abused.

There are seemingly endless iterations of way the current quagmire can be abused.

I agree, this is why I said above that I'd remove athletics from educational institutions entirely.

Reactions: el dub
Correct.

It can and will be abused 100% without question, there is no gray area here. You can take that to the Bank. The plans and participants of various organizations are being put into place as I type this, guaranteed.

Just look at the craziness of the transfer portal in all sports. That will change to the Transfer and More Cash Portal. Gonna have to sign with an Agent in 8th grade to get ahead of the curve.

But, at least we won't have scholarship athletes dying of starvation in the streets like we do now, so what's not to like? LOL!

254.jpg

That’s exactly what I want to know...can Kennedy even make 57.
Oyyyy ... I don’t think so. This comes up a lot, but I don’t see it. Have to believe he’d be pretty sucked down. Rather he eat and wrestle as much as possible to prepare for 65/74 in the future. He has his redshirt to use next year.

I think with a full season in RS Kennedy will be ready to come in a challenge for a title the following year. With Kemerer coming back I think Assad should RS also and have Brands at 184. Won’t need Assad to win a title next year.

I think with a full season in RS Kennedy will be ready to come in a challenge for a title the following year. With Kemerer coming back I think Assad should RS also and have Brands at 184. Won’t need Assad to win a title next year.
No room for Kennedy so a no-brainer. Assuming we get a full schedule next year and a healthy Assad, I want to see what he's got. If he's good to go and wrestling well, get him in the lineup.

Reactions: el dub
I'd like to see PK push Bull for the spot with all he has, keep em both nice and sharp. Agree Pat will be contending for titles right out of the gate.

I'd like to see PK push Bull for the spot with all he has, keep em both nice and sharp. Agree Pat will be contending for titles right out of the gate.
I’d like to see PK at least certify at 165 which I don’t believe he did this year. I would REALLY like to see redshirting wrestlers get a few matches without losing eligibility like the higher profile sports get. Probably wishful thinking anything reasonable like that happens though. A lot of unknowns surrounding Abe this year. I gotta think something was really ailing him since he didn’t get a single exhibition match. If Brands was an AA this year then maybe RS Assad makes sense. My gut tells me Abe will be healthy and the guy at 184 next year. I hope so at least. Nothing against Brands as I think we see a better product from him @ 174 in 22-23......assuming PK can make 165.

Reactions: MVPFAN
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT