ADVERTISEMENT

Northwestern Match Thread

I remember my friend and I talking at that tournament after they announced the finals weight would start at 174, "now watch one of Dake or Taylor lose before the finals and ruin their perfect storyline they already are running with"

Right, so me, you, and your friend as well as the written time-stamped evidence are clear indicators it was NOT random draw. Glad we cleared that up.

• Haha
Reactions: sstark46
Thanks for this.

Lee’s been a stone cold killer since Drake wanted to wrestle. These guys haven’t just rolled over either, Lee puts them right where he wants them. Flat on their back. Truly awesome to watch.

Good showing for you guys tonight.

Spencer to those who say he needs lung blowouts in his workout regimen:
stone-cold-middle-finger.gif

Thanks for this.

Lee’s been a stone cold killer since Drake wanted to wrestle. These guys haven’t just rolled over either, Lee puts them right where he wants them. Flat on their back. Truly awesome to watch.
Looks like at the least 4 pins and 2 majors. 6 pins at this point would not shock me.

outstanding job by siebrecht. that guy dominated him in the past and just beat brayton lee.

spencer is spencer.

cass's troubling decision making almost bit him at the end. only way he could lose was to try to keep scrambling. just hang on for the stalemate big man. puts himself in trouble for no reason way to often (here, cradles against ISU and Luffman at ncaa's).

mildly concerned woods doesn't have anything on his feet other than that left side low single, but his mat work is phenomenal.

yahya/murin is always a coin flip.

Overall, the hawks looked like the hawks. mostly in control, but suck at finishing. a lot of those matches would be blown open if they could just finish.

• Haha
Reactions: snotknockerhawk
Right, just like their "random" draw starting point a couple years ago that just so happened to feature Dake/Taylor as the final match of the night. How lucky was ESPN, wow?!
Starting with the NCAA Championships in Des Moines they have been wrestling the "marquee" matchup in the last slot. It was a great decision to keep the anticipation building throughout the night. Nothing random about it.

And you can bet that if Lee is in the finals 125 will be the last match.

And dual meets are done totally different. They start at 125 unless 1 coach disagrees, at which point they do a random draw to determine starting weight.

Reactions: el dub
Starting with the NCAA Championships in Des Moines they have been wrestling the "marquee" matchup in the last slot. It was a great decision to keep the anticipation building throughout the night. Nothing random about it.

And dual meets are done totally different. They start at 125 unless 1 coach disagrees, at which point they do a random draw to determine starting weight.
And whatever it was I was watching on my tv calmed it a random draw, which was absurd and hilarious.

The random draw is how it used to be done. It's changed now. If the teams do not agree on a starting weight, they literally flip a coin. The winner gets to pick the starting weight. Last night NW won the toss and picked 133 as the starting weight.

The random draw is how it used to be done. It's changed now. If the teams do not agree on a starting weight, they literally flip a coin. The winner gets to pick the starting weight. Last night NW won the toss and picked 133 as the starting weight.
I assumed that was on purpose to run deaugustino out if the match was close and fft 125 if it wasn’t. But they ran him out anyway. Pretty awesome to have Lee finish the night off

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT