ADVERTISEMENT

*****Northwestern vs Iowa Game Thread*****

47 points this half.

oh-yeah-randy-savage.gif

It’s amazing to watch them right now. They put up some big time points against two tough defenses and it kind of creeps up on you. It looks like they will struggle and at the end of the day they have 86 or 93. Man if they can take Illinois they have the potential to be in great shape for a top 4 it 5 finish if not higher. Btw Northwestern is pretty damn good.

It’s amazing to watch them right now. They put up some big time points against two tough defenses and it kind of creeps up on you. It looks like they will struggle and at the end of the day they have 86 or 93. Man if they can take Illinois they have the potential to be in great shape for a top 4 it 5 finish if not higher. Btw Northwestern is pretty damn good.
I thought to myself when it was like 65-61 that I couldn't even believe we were winning watching the difference in the teams.

Fran and his two predecessors lost a lot of games to NW teams that were much worse than this one. Of the best three players on the floor tonight, I think NW might have two of them. I can see why they are where they are in the standings.

Good Northwestern team, great win.

Impressed with Murray’s defense the last couple games. He shut down Northwestern’s best player in the last 6 minutes. Hawks overall played pretty tough defense.

I still don’t feel comfortable with Perkins handling the ball in the last minutes. But he had a great game, very aggressive.

Wtf why walk it out we want to milk the clock
The clock keeps running but the shot clock doesn’t. Same reason that right before the end bounds on that Connor slowly throws the ball to the red who throws it back. It wasn’t 2 or 3 seconds. Once you’re under 2 minutes (I believe) the clock does stop but that was at the 3:30 or so mark. We probably wasted 10 to 12 seconds before the shot clock even started.

The clock keeps running but the shot clock doesn’t. Same reason that right before the end bounds on that Connor slowly throws the ball to the red who throws it back. It wasn’t 2 or 3 seconds. Once you’re under 2 minutes (I believe) the clock does stop but that was at the 3:30 or so mark. We probably wasted 10 to 12 seconds before the shot clock even started.
ah gotcha thanks for the explanation

Chris Collins in the postgame:

I'll never forget giving Chris Street a hug after the Duke game in 1993 and wishing him well. Chris was an Iowa Hawkeye through and through. Every time we come here I always walk by the picture outside the locker room, stop, and think of him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT