ADVERTISEMENT

*****Northwestern vs Iowa Game Thread*****

QChawks

HR King
Feb 11, 2013
Quad Cities
8:00pn BTN
Iowa -6.5

Northwestern comes in HOT, winners of last 3 games (WI, NEB, MN) and led by guards Audige (15.8ppg) and Buie (15.7ppg). The key will be someone slowing these two down.

This has the makings of a slugfest, give me an Iowa 81-77 victory.

NW got a big boost with that covid break to get healthy and rested.
They were cold but now red hot climbing to 2nd place in the league. They are very confident they can cream the Hawkeyes.
Their fans are getting very cocky talking trash about the plowboys from Io-a.
Come out with hair on fire intensity ,Hawks!

For those wanting to listen to the radio broadcast, here are 2 free options:

(1) YouTube Link:

Shortly before ONE HOUR before tip, go to YouTube.com

Under Search, type Iowa Hawkeyes; hit enter

Click on Iowa Hawkeyes

Look for the "LIVE" in red & "MBB: Iowa vs Northwestern." Click on this link & listen to the pregame show that starts at 7:00 pm CT.

(2) Varsity Network app:

For any Learfield game broadcast, you can listen to the pregame show (starts at 7:00 pm CT), the game (8:00 pm CT tip) & the postgame show for free.

The steps:

* Download "The Varsity Network" app.

* For iPhone users, GO HERE:

* For Android users, GO HERE:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sidearmsports.varsitynetwork.audio&hl=en_US&gl=US

* Set up your account

* Simply select "The University of Iowa" as the school you want to listen to.

* Under Upcoming streams you will see links for the games.

* If Learfield is broadcasting the show or game (football, men's basketball, women's basketball, baseball, Hawk Talk with Kirk, Fran, or Lisa, etc), you can listen here.

* This is app only (the Varsity Network does not have a website to go to and listen).

* There are ON DEMAND podcasts; check that tab out.

Reactions: Ree4
I think we get this one.

The fact NW plays slow ball works to our advantage given the short turnaround from the Rutgers game. Filip's limited minutes given his foul trouble in Rutgers game helps too. PMac being back gives us extra minutes. We'll see even more minutes from Dix tonight (at the expense of Perkins I suspect) - and that's a very good thing. Murray and CMac need to tough it out, we need those guys on the floor as much as possible.

Reactions: ZumaHawk
Last time the cats beat us was 2017.
giphy.gif

They were cold but now red hot climbing to 2nd place in the league. They are very confident they can cream the Hawkeyes.
Un-fricking-believable... Northwestern has fans!!????

They are insufferable. Farm jokes every other post.

Reactions: Bishop1971
Not really paying too much attention to the 'official' standings in the conference this season.

Everybody but Purdue - obviously - and Minnesota & Nebraska (on the other end) are pretty much #2 in the B1G. The 2 through 12 or 13 spots in the BTT will mostly be determined by tiebreakers after the buzzer of the final regular season game in March.

Don't envy the ones responsible for figuring out the multi-team tiebreakers at the B1G offices, this season, as it might be a horrific mess to sort out.

Last edited:
Not really paying too much attention to the 'official' standings in the conference this season.

Everybody but Purdue - obviously - and Minnesota & Nebraska (on the other end) are pretty much #2 in the B1G. The 2 through 12 or 13 spots in the BTT will mostly be determined by tiebreakers after the buzzer of the final regular season game in March.

Don't envy the ones responsible for figuring out the multi-team tiebreakers at the B1G offices, this season, as it might be a horrific mess to sort out.
I think teams will start to separate a bit here. Rutgers still has 2 games against Minny and a game against Nebby left which is why they're probably the favorites to end up as the 2 seed. Meanwhile, Indiana is starting to play really well and are about to get their starting PG back from injury, however, they have the toughest remaining schedule on Torvik--Purdue twice and no games against the current bottom 4 teams in the standings remain.
I think we'll see a lot of teams with 10 or 11 wins, but I do think 12 is the minimum for the double bye.

Just hope Nebraska Illinois don't go to overtime
It might not go to OT, but still might leech into our game start because of all the freaking fouls and turnovers.

And could they stop having former players do their alma maters' games, at least conference games?? Bardo is so biased every time doing ILL games and its hard to endure.

Reactions: Buffalo43
It might not go to OT, but still might leech into our game start because of all the freaking fouls and turnovers.

And could they stop having former players do their alma maters' games, at least conference games?? Bardo is so biased every time doing ILL games and its hard to endure.
Yep i don't recall Settles doing iowa big ten games just non conference games

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT