ADVERTISEMENT

Now I am 99.9% sure opening up schools is going to go badly.

The big issue here in Davenport with the public schools is that their average age of a sub is almost 60. Not a lot want to sub during this or are at the age where getting it isn’t good.

If a case hits North, West, or Central there could be a shortage of teachers able to sub while they are recovering/quarantined.

Then you have the issue with elementary class size. It’s grown over the years due to the closing of some schools over the years. A lot of the elementary schools are pretty full and social distancing would be hard.

Plus the district is pretty much broke and now sure how well they would be able make the school safe.

The big issue here in Davenport with the public schools is that their average age of a sub is almost 60. Not a lot want to sub during this or are at the age where getting it isn’t good.

If a case hits North, West, or Central there could be a shortage of teachers able to sub while they are recovering/quarantined.

Then you have the issue with elementary class size. It’s grown over the years due to the closing of some schools over the years. A lot of the elementary schools are pretty full and social distancing would be hard.

Plus the district is pretty much broke and now sure how well they would be able make the school safe.
Yep, because the state basically fined the DCSD millions for spending their own money. This caused a ton of personnel cuts. Again, more taking away from the kids.

My instincts aren’t often wrong. I’ll stand.
giphy.gif

I left out the part where she said, "I feel like I should tell you..." Other than that, I typed what she posted. She is getting "many" phone calls from parents telling her their kids will not be wearing masks. Not sure what you're struggling with. When a third of the population thinks this isn't a big deal and won't wear masks themselves...it's pretty believable.

There are no studies out there that say this. Don't give me the S. Korea study either that the NYT promoted, because that's not what the study says at all.

Well my niece, and many others in north east IA got C19 at their HS graduation practice as the administration of the school had them line up inside for 20 minutes before walking out to the football field. How do we know she likely got it there, she has a job at a nursing home and had been tested a few days before and it came back negative. A day after their graduation practice they were notified that someone (a student) that was also in the hall had just tested positive, a handful of days later she couldn't walk up the steps of her house without losing her breath. Like I said she wasn't the only one that was lined up in that hallway (without a mask) who got it so kids can spread this virus, stop pretending like they don't.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT