ADVERTISEMENT

O’Keefe stepping down as Iowa Quarterbacks Coach

1. He's "stepping down" but Iowa will honor his contract? I have a hard time believing this. If he left on his own Iowa is doing something I've never seen in my professional career; maybe it happens in sports and I've just missed it.

2. Why does it state "Moon family head football coach Kirk Ferentz" and not Iowa head football coach Kirk Ferentz? Are we now the Moon Family Hawkeyes?
I was wondering the same thing.

Sure feels like some want a change at QB and this takes KOK off the hot seat from making the change...maybe....what the hell do I know but it certainly seems to speaks to an open competition and maybe Labas has a real shot. We'll see...I guess.

Reactions: not_mantiteo
1. He's "stepping down" but Iowa will honor his contract? I have a hard time believing this. If he left on his own Iowa is doing something I've never seen in my professional career; maybe it happens in sports and I've just missed it.

2. Why does it state "Moon family head football coach Kirk Ferentz" and not Iowa head football coach Kirk Ferentz? Are we now the Moon Family Hawkeyes?
Pay 10million and we can be the gojojo shitkickers for all I care.

giphy.gif

Replace a 68-year-old with a 67-year-old. That ought to help bright the offense into the 21st century...
And Kirk himself will be 67 by the start of next season.

So what's your point wise one?

You probably should have thought this out a bit better before posting that and looking like a dunce.

Last edited:
Well, seeing that most of our QB's have never been much more then average in Kirk's tenure, I don't know if that is just that our QB's have never really been more then average or if KOK was not the greatest QB coach, so I really hope they take the time to seek and find a really good QB coach.
They haven't been elite, but a crapload better than lately!!

• Haha
Reactions: not_mantiteo
lol Brian is like Teflon.

Iowa, known as OLine U, struggles at OL for the first time in the Ferentz era with Brian as OL coach. Brian gets promoted and Kirk doubles his pay.

National racism/bullying scandal with multiple accusers directly implicating Brian. Ferentz fires the nation's most well respected and highest paid strength coach. Brian gets no discipline at all and receives a raise.

Offense absolutely sputters to one of the worst in the Ferentz era, ranking 124th nationally, sparked some incredibly bad play calling. QBs coach resigns. Brian gets another raise.

Failing upward never hit a team so hard.
Having the best ol in country is struggling?

I don't want him as oc, but if he wants to go back to the or ol I'd be fine with that.

lol Brian is like Teflon.

Iowa, known as OLine U, struggles at OL for the first time in the Ferentz era with Brian as OL coach. Brian gets promoted and Kirk doubles his pay.

National racism/bullying scandal with multiple accusers directly implicating Brian. Ferentz fires the nation's most well respected and highest paid strength coach. Brian gets no discipline at all and receives a raise.

Offense absolutely sputters to one of the worst in the Ferentz era, ranking 124th nationally, sparked some incredibly bad play calling. QBs coach resigns. Brian gets another raise.

Failing upward never hit a team so hard.
Do you ever have anything to post that isn't negative or narcissistic?

Unless Kirk's already got a guy and the last few weeks have been negotiating or other planning there is time to sit back and listen.

Raih has had a lot of jobs in a short time. Versatile, obviously, and by all accounts smart. He knows the offense and could improve the position without massive change. Recent NFL experience is a plus.

Drew Tate is everyone's emotional favorite. Clever QB. He could bring some funky shit going down in a Canadian City that the boys in the lower 48 haven't seen. Hot head, kinda like the OC but they were teammates.

Chuck Long would be a very interesting choice. He's of Kirk and Phil's generation. Chuck and Kirk go back a long way together. Chuck certainly knows the position. Cannot be happy to be working in the XFL. However, Chuck too could bring some funky new ideas from the XFL.

There's a lot of young ex quarterbacks out there that might be great at the job. Every year retired QBs find a coaching job of some kind, usually involving QBs. We don't know every potential candidate so this might be a good time to work some new bloodlines in the pasture.

Not to mention it only took two NFL draft picks blowing their knees out on back to back plays lol. The rest of that offense be damned, that 2012 group were some road-graders prior to that.

People forget that team was 4-2 prior to the o line going thru this injuries. Still wasn’t a great team, but not hard to imagine they could have won another couple of games if healthier.

It was announced maybe a year ago the moon family payed for the title to be placed there. Money talks if you didn’t know.

Kenny Pickett, Nate Stanley, Davis Webb, Dustin Crum, Anthony Russo, Will Rogers, Tim Boyle and Trace Mcsorley all have trained under him.

Jordan Palmer- Trevor Lawrence, Joe Burrow, DeShaun Watson, Drew Lock, Josh Allen

Tom House- Carson Wentz, Andrew Luck, Drew Brees, Tom Brady plus some amazing major league pitchers.

Both of these guys have understudies that have been around some QBs at the top of the game. There are more than a fair share of Hawkeye fans who have nothing constructive to say about Spencer Petra's and Racioppi talked up Spencer's improvement this last off season. Did you witness enough this season to hire Racioppi?

Reactions: RomanHawk and 90-0
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT