ADVERTISEMENT

*****Offical 2022 Recruiting Thread*****

Anybody know anything about Eli King ... out of Minnesota? From the same hometown as Karl Klug. Do we have a shot with the young man? What position are we targeting him at?
I think Iowa is currently in a good spot with him, but it’s too early for me to tell (maybe Blair could provide info). I’d assume Iowa is targeting him at receiver.

@Blair Sanderson, can you give any insight on where and how well Iowa is sitting with Micah Riley-Ducker? Iowa has seemingly came back into the picture the last few months, and I was wondering if you had any insight on how well Iowa sits now with him.

Anybody know anything about Eli King ... out of Minnesota? From the same hometown as Karl Klug. Do we have a shot with the young man? What position are we targeting him at?

My guess with King, would be primarily WR or possibly as a safety. I believe his primary position is WR in HS. If I had to guess, he will likely be a BB recruit instead of a FB recruit. No inside info, but just a gut feeling after watching his highlights.

That is very possible but coach Bell wants guys that can play both in and out. Crawford could play dt...get the best people you can on the bus and they can figure it out.

This is very true. I also think that with Graves, he will already be at near DT size by the time he gets here. The kid will probably play at close to 300 lbs and be a disruptive handful from all over the Dline.

Reactions: NevadaHawk
Or are you thinking about Caden Becker, QB from Omaha Skutt? If so, as I posted before, Iowa will need to tread lightly here and do their due diligence, lots of "me first" stories out there and family is overbearing from what I've been told by my Omaha sports connections and friends.
Was just texting a buddy who is well connected to the Omaha football scene and he tells me while a good athlete, at least in the games he watched he's not a very accurate passer and Skutt is his 3rd HS in 2 years. Dad maybe even 'runs' his Twitter account and lots of attitude issues in the family, helicopter Dad at its finest he told me. Be wary, just passing along some info, maybe he's matured. If true, a perfect fit for Frosty...
Or are you thinking about Caden Becker, QB from Omaha Skutt? If so, as I posted before, Iowa will need to tread lightly here and do their due diligence, lots of "me first" stories out there and family is overbearing from what I've been told
Or are you thinking about Caden Becker, QB from Omaha Skutt? If so, as I posted before, Iowa will need to tread lightly here and do their due diligence, lots of "me first" stories out there and family is overbearing from what I've been told by my Omaha sports connections and friends.

Caden Becker is a great kid. Good student, Works extremely hard. As far as the 3 High schools, that is true. The pandemic put us in a bad position. He attended Millard West freshman and sophomore year and transferred to Omaha Burke 2nd semester of his sophomore year because they ran a more college friendly offense at the QB position for his junior year. About a month into this the pandemic hit and he was in virtual school. Because of the pandemic, Burke and the other OPS schools elected to not have football on the last day of summer for his Upcoming junior year so in order to play, he transferred to Omaha Skutt for his Junior and Senior year. We had to move mountains to do this. Sold our family home of 15 years and got a rental and moved in order for him to be eligible to play. Caden has been working his whole life to play college football at a high level. Without junior film at the QB position, those prospects would have been bleak. Any good parent would have done the same thing if they could. Glad it worked out for him. Get tired of anonymous people trying to disparage our family. We are good people and have raised two really good kids.

Last edited:
Caden Becker is a great kid. Good student, Works extremely hard. As far as the 3 High schools, that is true. The pandemic put us in a bad position. He attended Millard West freshman and sophomore year and transferred to Omaha Burke 2nd semester of his sophomore year because they ran a more college friendly offense at the QB position for his junior year. About a month into this the pandemic hit and he was in virtual school. Because of the pandemic, Burke and the other OPS schools elected to not have football on the last day of summer for his Upcoming junior year so in order to play, he transferred to Omaha Skutt for his Junior and Senior year. We had to move mountains to do this. Sold our family home of 15 years and got a rental and moved in order for him to be eligible to play. Caden has been working his whole life to play college football at a high level. Without junior film at the QB position, those prospects would have been bleak. Any good parent would have done the same thing if they could. Glad it worked out for him. Get tired of anonymous people trying to disparage our family. We are good people and have raised two really good kids.

Appreciate the response. I look at it like this, if i knew my son was talented enough to get a D1 offer, he wanted it badly enough, then we’d do whatever we could to get him in the best position to excel and showcase his talent.

so........ is he being recruited by Iowa?

Reactions: TrianglePlace

Good for you. The recruiting process is a grind and stressful, especially during Covid. Congrats to him for earning a D1 scholarship. He's obviously put in the work.

Best of luck to your son. Sounds like he fits the profile of the type of player and person that Kirk Ferentz has always valued when looking at prospects. I hope it pays off for him.

You’re a parent trying to help his son achieve his dream. I see nothing wrong with what you’re doing.

Thanks for posting. Apologies for posting rumors, obviously you are family and reflecting back on this I would probably do the same things for my family given the situation. Good luck to you and Caden at Northern Illinois or if he gets a P5 offer!

Aaron Graves, (from his picture), has great upper body development and he is still in high school. The kid is going to be a monster at Iowa!

ADVERTISEMENT