ADVERTISEMENT

*****Offical 2022 Recruiting Thread*****

My guess with King, would be primarily WR or possibly as a safety. I believe his primary position is WR in HS. If I had to guess, he will likely be a BB recruit instead of a FB recruit. No inside info, but just a gut feeling after watching his highlights.
Maybe this has already been answered, but Eli King has already said he's playing basketball in college, not football.

That’s a great spot for him. Send him on toms of blitzes, and he can cover pretty much anyone with that type of speed. Would be a huge addition.

Not sure about that. The cash position requires cover guys first and that's why so far Iowa has used db's there. I see the versatility in this kid and he might be able to pull that off but I doubt it. I see lber or hybrid te.

Not sure about that. The cash position requires cover guys first and that's why so far Iowa has used db's there. I see the versatility in this kid and he might be able to pull that off but I doubt it. I see lber or hybrid te.
I think he’ll be able to cover guys. If he does run a true 4.4 40, then I like him at Cash. Give a year or 2 to work with Parker, and he could 100% have the skills to play there.

Reactions: NoSwampDonkeys
I think he’ll be able to cover guys. If he does run a true 4.4 40, then I like him at Cash. Give a year or 2 to work with Parker, and he could 100% have the skills to play there.

Cash position has to cover slot receivers who are usually the quicker wr's like our A. Bruce will play. Like I said this kid might be able to pull it off but I don't think that would be the optimum use of his skills. Anyway I like this kids skill set so I hope we can get him.

Reactions: David1979
Cash position has to cover slot receivers who are usually the quicker wr's like our A. Bruce will play. Like I said this kid might be able to pull it off but I don't think that would be the optimum use of his skills. Anyway I like this kids skill set so I hope we can get him.
You’re not wrong. I think this kid can play all over the field, and I do like the idea of him at Cash. But wherever the coaches see the best fit is ultimately going to be the best decision. All I know is he’s someone I want, and I want him bad.

You’re not wrong. I think this kid can play all over the field, and I do like the idea of him at Cash. But wherever the coaches see the best fit is ultimately going to be the best decision. All I know is he’s someone I want, and I want him bad.

Yes we need him and he plays with a certain level of violence on d, which I love. We need him because according to other things I've read it doesn't sound promising for Tag Bonnema.

Since we made the switch to the Cash defender, we do not get a ton of LB recruits per cycle anymore. I think it is more like 1-2 at most every cycle. So if we get 1 kid to fill a LB roll, we will be set. It is kind of hard to get used to for me considering how we were traditional 4-3 for so long.

Since we made the switch to the Cash defender, we do not get a ton of LB recruits per cycle anymore. I think it is more like 1-2 at most every cycle. So if we get 1 kid to fill a LB roll, we will be set. It is kind of hard to get used to for me considering how we were traditional 4-3 for so long.
It is weird, especially when you see most schools pulling 3-4 LB recruits per year. In the 2021 cycle, we picked up at least 3 guys who can play LB. I think it’s just a one and done pick up for this year.

With a great athlete I would always side towards the scoring side of the team.
If he is going to fill out a bit he could seriously be a weapon at TE or H back.
If not there is definitely a spot for him on the opposite side of the ball.
BUT let's get that determined in short order so we don't waste talent by bouncing him around positions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT