ADVERTISEMENT

*****Offical 2022 Recruiting Thread*****

Aaron Graves
Defensive End
6’5 260
Out of all the instate guys in this class, Graves is easily the best imo. He’s big, strong, and physical. And believe me, I’ve watched a lot of film on recruits, and Graves has easily one of the best first steps I’ve ever seen out of an Iowa defensive end recruit. As far as a comparison, I would say Matt Roth/Jared Devries. He’s going to have a great career and I’ll enjoy watching it unfold.

Caden Crawford
Defensive End
6’5 240
When I started seeing all the forecasts and CB’s coming in, I got giddy. Having Crawford opposite of Graves is going to make for an extremely salty end duo in the future. Crawford is extremely physical and while not as good as Graves, still has a great 1st step off the line. For a comp, I was struggling to find a good one until someone said Drew Ott. Crawford and Ott were/are very similar in size and playing style. Crawford will need to put on the Braithweight, and likely won’t have much of an impact until his RS SO season imo.

Jack Dotzler
Offensive Tackle
6’7 265
Was there ever any doubt he was going to be a Hawkeye? He’s a great start to the 2022 OL class. He had some good offers, including PSU, IU, ISU, and Purdue. He has a very good frame to work with. What I see when I watch his tape is his lateral mobility not many high school guys who are 6’7 265 have the side to side motion Dotzler does. He is strong, but he definitely needs to weight room. He’s very lean, so he needs to add the muscle on. I’d guess he won’t make much of an impact until his redshirt sophomore/junior year, because of all the talent in the OL room. When he does make an impact, it’ll be a big one though. Can’t wait to watch him progress and make a big impact over the course of his college career.

Jayden Montgomery
Linebacker
5’11 205
I will admit, I wasn’t exactly optimistic before I looked at his tape. He didn’t have really any interest from other P5 schools, besides a little bit from Wisconsin. However, after watching his tape I am more comfortable with this pick up. He has some serious speed. Not quite Jaren Kanak, but it’s pretty good. He also hits hard. Like very hard. His build reminds of Hitchens, and he plays tough. He needs a lot of work. He is very raw, and needs to put the polish on. However, I think he can end up being a very good player for us when it’s all said an done. He just needs to come in with the right attitude and work hard. Something tells me he will;)

Last edited:
Aaron Graves
Defensive End
6’5 260
Out of all the instate guys in this class, Graves is easily the best imo. He’s big, strong, and physical. And believe me, I’ve watched a lot of film on recruits, and Graves has easily one of the best first steps I’ve ever seen out of an Iowa defensive end recruit. As far as a comparison, I would say Matt Roth/Jared Devries. He’s going to have a great career and I’ll enjoy watching it unfold.

Caden Crawford
Defensive End
6’5 240
When I started seeing all the forecasts and CB’s coming in, I got giddy. Having Crawford opposite of Graves is going to make for an extremely salty end duo in the future. Crawford is extremely physical and while not as good as Graves, still has a great 1st step off the line. For a comp, I was struggling to find a good one until someone said Drew Ott. Crawford and Ott were/are very similar in size and playing style. Crawford will need to put on the Braithweight, and likely won’t have much of an impact until his RS SO season imo.

Graves is easily better than Nwankpa?

Reactions: David1979
So dumb. What a complete disservice to these kids trying to make likely their biggest life decision to date..
I get it though. I imagine they are wanting to have most of the general population vaccinated before opening it back up. May 31st is not going to hurt that much as Junior Days are usually in April or during spring practices. So about 2 more months is not going to kill anyone.

I get it though. I imagine they are wanting to have most of the general population vaccinated before opening it back up. May 31st is not going to hurt that much as Junior Days are usually in April or during spring practices. So about 2 more months is not going to kill anyone.
Except the fact every other division has open recruiting. Sure 4* and 5* athletes will be fine, but you’ll see even more transfers later with the 2021 and 2022 classes.

Except the fact every other division has open recruiting. Sure 4* and 5* athletes will be fine, but you’ll see even more transfers later with the 2021 and 2022 classes.
Why would a 2 month delay cause transfers? Maybe more decommits

Reactions: BBHawk
Kids are just gonna keep committing closer to home and what's familiar. Sure, some have the means to travel and tour a campus on their own, but many do not .
I feel terrible for these young players/recruits. It must be so difficult for them to watch as both professional franchises and college-level programs are allowing their teams to fly cross country, land in other cities, travel to arenas, and then be in close proximity during competition.

IMO, it's unbelieveable they keep pushing the dead period considering all the travels amongst college programs. It shouldn't be this way.

We have testing and rapid results at our disposal - Test...Wait for negative result...Allow the kid(s) to fly in and tour the campuses.

Reactions: Simbahawk4
Neither is letting families (officially) visit campuses and talk to coaches, professors, etc
Virtual tours are kind of a new thing. Something everyone in the world is doing more of right now. I get it, I want to get back to normal, but things are not normal.

I feel terrible for these young players/recruits. It must be so difficult for them to watch as both professional franchises and college-level programs are allowing their teams to fly cross country, land in other cities, travel to arenas, and then be in close proximity during competition.

IMO, it's unbelieveable they keep pushing the dead period considering all the travels amongst college programs. It shouldn't be this way.

We have testing and rapid results at our disposal - Test...Wait for negative result...Allow the kid(s) to fly in and tour the campuses.
And now the NCAA is most likely going to let thousands of fans attend the NCAA tournament in March/April, but they can’t allow DI in-person recruiting until at least June 1. More of the same from the NCAA.

Uh, sorry to burst a bubble, but I see no projections on vaccinations that have most of the general population vaccinated for Covid by then. For many not a front line medical personnel role, or high risk, it may start to be available to them by that time. From the article linked below:

It could take almost 9 more months to vaccinate 70% of Americans against coronavirus infection and reach herd immunity, assuming the current pace of immunizations continues and requires a two-dose regimen with either the Pfizer/BioNTech or Moderna vaccines, a Medscape analysis found.

Uh, sorry to burst a bubble, but I see no projections on vaccinations that have most of the general population vaccinated for Covid by then. For many not a front line medical personnel role, or high risk, it may start to be available to them by that time. From the article linked below:

It could take almost 9 more months to vaccinate 70% of Americans against coronavirus infection and reach herd immunity, assuming the current pace of immunizations continues and requires a two-dose regimen with either the Pfizer/BioNTech or Moderna vaccines, a Medscape analysis found.

Why don't they count the people who have been infected before in the herd immunity count?

Why don't they count the people who have been infected before in the herd immunity count?

So I am no Covid expert (nor have I played one on TV!), but from what I have read:
-~8+% of the US population has been confirmed having Covid (I saw one CDC article that said it could have been as high as 15%
-Anti-bodies are debated at how long they give some immunity, but more articles I have read lately only have any confidence out to about 90 days.
-With # of mutations and now variants showing up in US, it is not yet known how many that have had a strain of Covid are at risk of re-infection, or infection by a different strain.

There must be some folks with medical credentials on this forum that could provide more facts.

Last edited:
Reactions: not_mantiteo
So I am no Covid expert (nor have I played one on TV!), but from what I have read:
-~8+% of the US population has been confirmed having Covid (I saw one CDC article that said it could have been as high as 15%
-Anti-bodies are debated at how long they give some immunity, but more articles I have read lately only have any confidence out to about 90 days.
-With # of mutations and now variants showing up in US, it is not yet know how many that have had a strain of Covid are at risk of re-infection, or infection by the different strain.

There must be some folks with medical credentials on this forum that could provide more facts.
Antibodies aren't the answer. Long term, or longer term, immunity will come from T cells, specifically CD4 and CD8 memory cells. I've read two studies that show positive signs that the majority of infected patients (84%) should have years to decades long immunity. Sucks to be in the other 16%. I wonder why that didn't make national news????

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT