5-11 (45%) overall shooting

4-4 (100%) FTs

17 Points
3 Defensive Rebounds
5 Assists

2 Blocks

5 Turnovers
5 Fouls

11 shots 🤔 that’s probably not a winning formula, and definitely not a fan friendly formula?!

Positive note she battled through quite a bit of adversity through that game much of it her own doing and still ended up, fighting hard to the end. That layup was clutch.

as we have seen the fever, miss those at an alarming clip 😂

Going back to the first game and she really wasn’t paying very good but she had a full court length layup and finished over the top of a couple girls and I knew at that point in time; adjustment aside, she was definitely going to be able to play her game at this level. Just Gonna take some time .

Tough way end to the game but I think that they are starting to figure some things out.

Hopefully Fagbenle gets more minutes as she's got some rim running ability that will allow Clark to play in transition.

Only bad thing is they've got 3 road games in the next 5 days so it might get worse before it gets better.

Get Clark and the Fever now.

A new coach and a little experience and watch out.

Honestly, I haven’t been very impressed, but I am trending towards giving her plenty of time. This game had a lot of ebbs and flows and many stretches where the offense from the first three games was very prevalent, yet she managed to keep this team together and lose a close one against a better team!

I’m actually pretty impressed with her coaching after this game… That last play call was brilliant, just sad it couldn’t go in.

11 shots 🤔 that’s probably not a winning formula, and definitely not a fan friendly formula?!

Positive note she battled through quite a bit of adversity through that game much of it her own doing and still ended up, fighting hard to the end. That layup was clutch.

as we have seen the fever, miss those at an alarming clip 😂

Going back to the first game and she really wasn’t paying very good but she had a full court length layup and finished over the top of a couple girls and I knew at that point in time; adjustment aside, she was definitely going to be able to play her game at this level. Just Gonna take some time .

16: Mitchell
11: Boston
11: Clark
9: Wheeler
7: Smith
7: Wallace
6: Fagbenle
2: Samuelson
69 TOTAL SHOTS Attempted

I overestimated the talent level in the WNBA. I get frustrated when the Fever screw up a play but then the other "good" team just goes and chucks the ball off the underside of the rim and it's like, "okay, tit-for-tat.

First time for me this year. I thought they would all play like Vegas. Guess not.

Reactions: cmhawks99
Thought the WNBA would have better officiating than at the college level, wow. Looking like they favor the veteran players and better teams.
The commish needs to have a sit down with the head of officiating and do a little ‘splainin’. Start with the fact that there’s a reason the 0-3 Fever were being broadcast tonight on ESPN’s flagship network at the same time the runner up of last year’s championship was having their game streaming on ESPN3. Unless of course she wants the W to continue to wallow in obscurity.

Honestly, I haven’t been very impressed, but I am trending towards giving her plenty of time. This game had a lot of ebbs and flows and many stretches where the offense from the first three games was very prevalent, yet she managed to keep this team together and lose a close one against a better team!

I’m actually pretty impressed with her coaching after this game… That last play call was brilliant, just sad it couldn’t go in.
Hell yes - the play she drew up was brilliant. Boston just missed it.

Caitlin is earning the respect of her teammates and opponents.

Just a few weeks ago CC was troubled by UConn's pressure. Now, she's handling the best WNBA defenders and doubles. She is making amazing progress. There seems to be no limit to Clark's game

The commish needs to have a sit down with the head of officiating and do a little ‘splainin’. Start with the fact that there’s a reason the 0-3 Fever were being broadcast tonight on ESPN’s flagship network at the same time the runner up of last year’s championship was having their game streaming on ESPN3. Unless of course she wants the W to continue to wallow in obscurity.
Start with the very first play of the game. The AA female ref was atrocious. She was right there and missed the kick ball. She’s the one CC yelled at to get the T.

Hell yes - the play she drew up was brilliant. Boston just missed it.

Caitlin is earning the respect of her teammates and opponents.

Just a few weeks ago CC was troubled by UConn's pressure. Now, she's handling the best WNBA defenders and doubles. She is making amazing progress. There seems to be no limit to Clark's game

Totally agree! Great Take!

Reactions: Hawksfor3
CC unfortunately carried her constant "ref complaining" to the W and it cost her and her team big time tonight with the technical at a very inopportune time. Hopefully she'll soon realize that W officials won't put up with it.

Kind of a league wide thing isn’t it, there, brother 🤷‍♂️??

Lots of good things tonight for the Fever. Their defensive intensity was so much higher than it’s ever been. Clark has never been asked to play real defense. She’s getting better. She’s getting the crap kicked out of her because for once she’s fighting through screens and really trying on defense. She was great for most of the 4th quarter except for that 2 possession meltdown that really cost the team. Boston finally battled on the boards tonight. And the coach finally sat Samuelson. She should be getting 10-15 minutes a game. She does not have the athleticism to be playing the 3. Huge improvement. Tough loss but actually looked like a team.

What the phuck did I just watch?

Take the show Orange is the New Black and insert a basketball and you get the WNBA.

Never seen so much girl on girl violence.

Damn that was hard to watch.
I actually thought it was super entertaining. Both teams going toe to toe and very physical. The Fever finally decided they had had enough and actually battled out there. They’ve been doing nothing but taking punches. Tonight they punched back. Definitely a step in the right direction.

Would you not say that was a very bad time for a T? She just had 2 turnovers in a row. Play the game. You’re a rookie.

LOL…. Without a doubt!!!! With a quadruple emphasis on being a “rookie“!

However, both things can still be true. The scowl on some of these women’s faces throughout the game is extremely offputting! And it’s not a woman thing. It’s just my Lord the amount of people who complain about officiating anymore on and off the court. It’s over the top!!

Eve
Would you not say that was a very bad time for a T? She just had 2 turnovers in a row. Play the game. You’re a rookie.

Even worse time to miss an open drive to an open rim. Play the game. You were a starting All Star your rookie season.

CC unfortunately carried her constant "ref complaining" to the W and it cost her and her team big time tonight with the technical at a very inopportune time. Hopefully she'll soon realize that W officials won't put up with it.

She's complained far less in the WNBA than she typically did in college. The timing of her T was bad, but the officiating was horrendous tonight so I understand her popping off.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT