ADVERTISEMENT

****Official FSU vs. UM Thread****

That was a perfect ball. Don’t know what Knowles was doing running into the CB and doing a flip.
I don’t bag on players, but Knowles stood out to me a few games ago as a liability. Bad angles, and appears afraid of contract.
Hope he transforms.

It seemed like we dominated them, and their passing stats reflected how I felt the game went. Maybe Benson’s run getting called back just stuck with me, but we certainly opened dominating.

ACC have refs have been a meme forever, but I was watching Louisville-Virginia the other night and it was a clown show like this one. Hope we play to our abilities for the ACC championship game and don’t let the zebras affect the outcome.

Game in Gainesville - does that mean ACC or SEC refs?

Good win you all.

Obviously I'm not a fan of Miami anyway so thanks for making them lose. I hate the chain, I hate the bravado for not being good, I hate their fake fans... all 10 of them.

I'm still on cloud 9 for having 401 yards and 22 points. Most schools would think thats average but 400 yards is like 3 games worth for us. Shutting down the top rushing attack to 34 yards made me feel good too. I felt like we were kind of a real team today.

I don’t bag on players, but Knowles stood out to me a few games ago as a liability. Bad angles, and appears afraid of contract.
Hope he transforms.

Game in Gainesville - does that mean ACC or SEC refs?

Last year he had some pretty good moments as a young player. I was excited for his play this year. It’s amazing how much he’s regressing…..almost week by week……which sticks out like a sore thumb on this improved team. I’m not sure if he’s a bit injured, but he flat out refuses to put his body on the line and tackle properly.

Not everyone is a great player on this team, but almost everyone gives their full effort and focus. Not sensing that with Kevin. Again, maybe he’s playing with an undisclosed injury…….🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️?????? Doesn’t appear so to me.

If he is reasonably healthy, the next film session for him is not going to be pleasant. There’s no hiding his play on the field. If ever there was a transfer candidate on this team, it’s him. At least that’s how it looks to me. He does have talent, so I hope he gets his game in gear.

Edit - unfortunately I think Gainesville means ACC refs.

The ESPN hate continues on the radio this morning. FSU just "scraped by" again. Miami had one good quarter and one fluke touchdown. That's it.
No longer joking, has something has happened in the SEC / ESPN courtship. They flipped back on the hate switch after seemingly really positive (remember Paul Finebaum heaven saying nice things) . Looking back too, Miami was a perfect trap game as they have reall solid lines and, though it was awesome, were a kneel away from being 7-2 and ranked when they played us last night.

The game was not as close as it looked. The first TD was very flukey too. Basically a rushed shallow throw that receiver made nice play on. We had several missed ints. We gave them the field goal do to the idiotic onside kick. We went conservative and played for running out the clock, which you never do against Miami!

The ESPN hate continues on the radio this morning. FSU just "scraped by" again. Miami had one good quarter and one fluke touchdown. That's it.
Take away the fluke TD they did nothing in the 2nd half.

Also, 3 loss SEC teams are power houses. 3 loss ACC teams are garbage despite the fact the ACC is winning the head to heads vs the SEC. smh

News flash: Jimbo got the axe last night.

Wake Up What GIF by Laff

Reactions: mnole03 and DFSNOLE
dYqJI7Z.png

I am not a rules expert AND I personally think it's a safety, but here's what the ACC had to say about it:
The play quickly went viral as fans wondered how it didn’t result in two points and the ball for Miami. An ACC representative told the Miami Herald’s Susan Miller Degnan the officials followed the rule because Travis got hit, initially, in the field of play.

“The rule is where the ball is when initial contact is made by the defender,” the representative said.

Section 11. Scoring Plays
2. When in question, it is not a safety

Section 5. Safety How Scored—ARTICLE 1 Approved Ruling 8-5-1
☝️ Anyone else care to find the rule? My eyes hurt.

Last edited:
dYqJI7Z.png

I am not a rules expert AND I personally think it's a safety, but here's what the ACC had to say about it:
The play quickly went viral as fans wondered how it didn’t result in two points and the ball for Miami. An ACC representative told the Miami Herald’s Susan Miller Degnan the officials followed the rule because Travis got hit, initially, in the field of play.

“The rule is where the ball is when initial contact is made by the defender,” the representative said.

Did the ACC say why that wasn't targeting on the hit JT took?

dYqJI7Z.png

I didn’t think it was a safety. The safety and legal forward pass standards are incredibly generous to the offenses.

I’ve also never seen a play with any ambiguity result in a safety. Whether it be a player moving into the end-zone or out of it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT