ADVERTISEMENT

**Official (I think) FSU vs BC game thread**

Well the good news is my fantasy team opponent had the Noles D. The bad news is I had Roydell Williams as one of my running backs so I still lost the week. I just cut his sorry ass.

Wasn't able to watch tonight (**** D*), but damn Noles. Ouch.

oof-old-man.gif

The numbers that would get us there are 16 rushes for 21 yards.

I have no idea what we are even trying to do on offense. I know we fell behind, but good lord - our two starting RBs combined for FOUR carries. Four! Three for Williams, one for Toafili. Toa's been used way less in the first two games than he was the last couple of years, when he was Benson's backup.

Nolecast Bud Elliot instant reaction

No fight, no focus, no win: FSU loses to Boston College | Instant Reaction

Would it be safe to say you weren’t Iowa’s latest Rhodes Scholar?
I'm not the one spending $1000s and hours to watch this trash, Brain. Also, I'm not on another school/state's page acting like I own the MF'er. Was it 3 cheap shot PF calls last night or 4?! 🤣

Yup. I had zero doubt this would happen. You don't just magically fix what we saw vs GT.
Every team but one on schedule is better or as good as BC and they destroyed us. It’s bad. As I posted in other FSU natty thread, I agree with some of the people saying it is primarily a result of paying too many players too much. It has happened to other schools before. Team has no leaders or passion or chemistry or cares but since a lot of money for other things. We are like a bad NFL team picked to be way better based on paper that I massive bust. Every year there are a couple. Same will be true of college football. Like Texas A&M last two years.

Well the good news is my fantasy team opponent had the Noles D. The bad news is I had Roydell Williams as one of my running backs so I still lost the week. I just cut his sorry ass.

He hasn't shown much of anything

It's a bad sign when the bye week comes 2 weeks into the season and it couldn't have come soon enough. It's also a bad sign when you're emptying the playbook and throwing the kitchen sink at Boston College because the only way you can do anything on offense is to use trick plays.

In 2 weeks FSU has gone from a play-off likely team... to a meaningless Gator Bowl team as a lofty goal...

It's a bad sign when the bye week comes 2 weeks into the season and it couldn't have come soon enough. It's also a bad sign when you're emptying the playbook and throwing the kitchen sink at Boston College because the only way you can do anything on offense is to use trick plays.

In 2 weeks FSU has gone from a play-off likely team... to a meaningless Gator Bowl team as a lofty goal...
Yes, we agree. Any other piling on you’d like to do?

Reactions: funksouljon
Yes, we agree. Any other piling on you’d like to do?
I'm sure there is, but I'll refrain, no need to kick a man when he's down. On the positive, Florida looked every bit as bad if not worse than Florida State this weekend. That game became meaningful again... the winner could be playing for a coveted trip to Jacksonville.

I'm sure there is, but I'll refrain, no need to kick a man when he's down. On the positive, Florida looked every bit as bad if not worse than Florida State this weekend. That game became meaningful again... the winner could be playing for a coveted trip to Jacksonville.
I don’t think either team goes bowling.

• Sad
Reactions: KFsdisciple
I don’t think either team goes bowling.
I'm not sure GA Tech or BC are bad teams. You're FSU, you're supposed to beat them, especially at home, but those look like two bowl teams to me. FSU still has athletes even if I'm not sold on them being coached or motivated well. I think FSU has a better chance at a bowl game than Florida because FSU should be significantly more talented than 7-8 of the remaining teams on the schedule. Florida's schedule is brutal, and that's even with FSU needing to turn things around.

I'm not sure GA Tech or BC are bad teams. You're FSU, you're supposed to beat them, especially at home, but those look like two bowl teams to me. FSU still has athletes even if I'm not sold on them being coached or motivated well. I think FSU has a better chance at a bowl game than Florida because FSU should be significantly more talented than 7-8 of the remaining teams on the schedule. Florida's schedule is brutal, and that's even with FSU needing to turn things around.
They look good because we're that bad. Each of those teams have at least 4-5 losses each coming down the road.

Every team but one on schedule is better or as good as BC and they destroyed us. It’s bad. As I posted in other FSU natty thread, I agree with some of the people saying it is primarily a result of paying too many players too much. It has happened to other schools before. Team has no leaders or passion or chemistry or cares but since a lot of money for other things. We are like a bad NFL team picked to be way better based on paper that I massive bust. Every year there are a couple. Same will be true of college football. Like Texas A&M last two years.

NIL = Pay to Play. When the players aren't playing well, do they still earn the NIL money? This makes them even more like employees. Except employees can be fired and replaced at any given moment.

This looks and feels a lot like Norvell's first season, just chaos and garbage everywhere as he cleaned up the program. Whats the reason now? This is very likely the approach of "win by the portal, die by the portal."

Reactions: noleclone2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT