ADVERTISEMENT

********Official Illinois vs. Iowa Game Thread********

Next time out someone text Crispon and tell him Iowa is losing because of the defense. He's seems baffled by it.

Are we as fans really surprised by the performance from this team today? Same thing happened last year with White and Uthoff scoring over 90% of our points in the first round.

Horrible charge call. The Illini defender was still bouncing over
They want Illinois to win. Upstart team gets a chance to make an upset, the refs are gonna give those guys the benefit of the doubt. Plus, Illinois is just another lower tier team in late-season try-hard mode and Iowa is obliging them their feel-good victory before they get the sh** beat out of them by Purdue.

Absolutely f***ing stupid.

Uthoff and Jok = 45 points
Rest of team = 5

What a F'ing embarrassment

Woody is so afraid of playing physical.
WTF!! Isn't the general rule if u aren't as athletic you better play w more effort. Were losing both battles.

Game is at risk of slipping away down 8, we need scorers on the floor ... but the script says "3 fouls at 13:00 means Jok has to sit".

Maddening.

Anyone know Illinois' shooting percentage this half? At work so I haven't been following too closely, but I haven't seen them miss yet

I've had about enough of Iowa bb for this year. Horribly mentally weak team. Sorry Fran, you're just not a B10 coach, nice guy, and better in a smaller conference.

With all the good Fran has done since he's been at Iowa, the black eye will be, once February hits, there's a better than 50% chance that the players will be out of gas and have no way to refill the tank.

So how do we "salvage" this win? I just don't see a way.

How long would it take Gesell and Clemmons to finish a game of HORSE? I'm putting the over under at 5 hours, with about ten total makes between them.

You can't play 3 role players that can't score and think you have a team. Gesell at least is running team....Clemmons is terrible today...Woody getting his lunch taken away by Maverick Morgan.

Anyone know Illinois' shooting percentage this half? At work so I haven't been following too closely, but I haven't seen them miss yet

You certainly aren't missing anything. Iowa's getting their azz's handed to them by a much more hustling team and better coached !!!!!!!!!!!!

Can someone please go back and check Gesell, Clemmons and Woodburys stats for their 4 big ten tournament games? I would be surprised if total they have scored 30 points?

Update: In 5 Big 10 tournament games, the aforementioned 3 seniors have scored a combined 56 points, giving them a combined average of 11.2 points/game. Bad.

We may come back and win this game. We may not. But regardless of the outcome, it is almost absurdly laughable that this team was just a few short weeks ago, being talked about not only as A number 1 seed in the NCAA Tournament....but by a few experts/talking heads as positioning itself to be the TOP OVERALL seed.

It almost seems like a different dimension in light of that.
Turning it over.
It's like one of those movies where you have to decide for yourself how it ends. :D

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT