ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Michigan State at #8 IOWA Game Thread*****

Maybe because JoeT was playing probably the best game of his career? Absolutely no way you take JoeT out for ulis the way he was playing!
Oh, I don't disagree with that. JoeT was brilliant. Iowa's bench is so strong, though, that even throwing Ulis in there at the two as a slasher and a guy who can drive and kick could mess stuff up. Put Garza out there with four guys who are completely different from the starters and they have the chance to really "oops upside your head" anybody in the conference.

Reactions: pink shizzle
Oh, I don't disagree with that. JoeT was brilliant. Iowa's bench is so strong, though, that even throwing Ulis in there at the two as a slasher and a guy who can drive and kick could mess stuff up. Put Garza out there with four guys who are completely different from the starters and they have the chance to really "oops upside your head" anybody in the conference.
Perkins was playing pretty dang well too, him and JoeT on the defensive end looked pretty good. I think Ulis should’ve got a few more minutes first half but i see nothing wrong with not playing him the 2nd the way the others were playing

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
I want to see Joe T, Perkins, Ulis, Murray, and Garza. Let them run cutters to the basketball and dump off to Luka or Murray.

Perkins was playing pretty dang well too, him and JoeT on the defensive end looked pretty good. I think Ulis should’ve got a few more minutes first half but i see nothing wrong with not playing him the 2nd the way the others were playing
Fair enough. Loving the energy of all of the bench guys.

Reactions: Slim45
I am leaning in the direction of Joey T as a starter. He plays better when he's on the floor for solid minutes, not trying to do too much in limited minutes. His athletic superiority is becoming very hard to overlook. He runs the floor, plays great D, sees the offense in motion and has a scoring punch of his own, although the 3 ball isn't a regular part of it. Joey T is also a good free throw shooter.

Other than Luka and Jack-his best game yet and for once he played hard and strong-think of the youth. Joey T, Ke Murray, P McC and some nice minutes from Tony and even some outstanding play in Ahron's only minute on the floor.

CJ's absence has more impact than just losing one guy. The Iowa offense works best when Iowa has Jordan, CJ and Joey Dub all on the floor and all three hitting enough threes to prevent and double off them. Its almost impossible to stop 4 good scorers.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT