ADVERTISEMENT

Official Portal Watch

Sorry, but all the rumors swirling about his difficulty holding the weight are a big concern for me right now. To be fair, I did say that if he seems to be firing on all cylinders deep into the season, my stance would change considerably.

Simply put, he is at his best when he can push the pace and attack quickly and often. I am concerned he won’t be able to do that fighting the weight hard. Then, if he ends up having to go up the top couple guys at 133 are oxen. If he does go up, I hope he has already been acclimating his body to the weight so he can deal with the bigger, stronger guys at the weight.
I believe one of the points of partnering with Treigning lab was making the wrestlers functional after a weight cut. They did good work helping Roman cut to 57kg and qualify for the Olympics.

Reactions: el dub and vhsalum
so msu has drake in the field, hey worked for spencer. isn't perry # 3 at ok st and was nephew of head coach

Reactions: el dub
Caliendo is probably the only real shot and that truly depends on what PSU hammer ends up at 165(if Teemer ends up being the guy at 157) As much as I would like that and even as good as this team looks, Teemer is probably the only other one with a decent shot and that also really hinges fully on whether or not 1 of the PSU hammers ends up at 157.

Ayala is probably the closest after that, but I don't see him being strong enough quite yet to pull it off at 133 and if 125 is that hard of a cut, I think Figs probably distances himself a bit next season.

Looking at it more, Parco actually could sneak into the best spot of the group, depending on his draw. I would still favor Henson over him and Van Ness could be a very tough obstacle, but 149 looks pretty open.

Still, if I had to pick best possible finishes(within reason) I would go:

125: Ayala-2nd with a less than 5% chance of winning it all. I like him a ton, but do not like the rumors about 125 being very tough to hold.
133: Peterson/Schriever-R12
141: Block-I have zero data to even guess at this one.
149: Parco-2nd Maybe a 2% chance at winning it all and probably much more likely 3rd-5th.
157: Teemer-1st(depending on who PSU puts here). I would go 10-20% chance at 1st with a solid 50-75% chance at top 3. If Haines stays at 157 or Mesenbrink ends up here, his chance go down to less than 1% to win it all.
165: Caliendo-1st Depending on who PSU puts here, I could legitimately put him as one of the top 5 favorites at any weight. I think he showed himself to be that good last year. With Carr, O'Toole and Mesenbrink out of the weight I think he is a significant favorite. If Haines ends up here, I think they would be 1A and 1B. If somehow Mesenbrink stays, his chances go down to single digits....
174: I could see any of the Brands/Arnold/Kennedy combo getting the right draw into the Finals, but I think O'Toole runs away with this weight. Brands probably has the best chance to make the Finals of the 3 with Arnold a close 2nd. Still, I would probably go with 3rd as the high end here so far.
184: I really hope it is Brands here. The other 2 could possibly sneak onto the podium, but I think Brands is the only one with enough size and firepower to handle this weight, unless Arnold has secretly been bulking up since he wrestled Plott. If Brands, I would say 2nd. If not low AA is about the high end.
197: Glazier showed a ton of heart, but also some significant limitations. With the right draw he could AA, but I still think he is most likely an R12 type guy.
285: Kueter is most likely battling Feldman and Schultz for mid-tier AA. I still think he is going to be a bit undersized for Kerkvliet and Hendrickson and still a bit raw for Bastida. I will say 4th for now.
Where do you get your percentages from? Smh!

Sorry, but all the rumors swirling about his difficulty holding the weight are a big concern for me right now. To be fair, I did say that if he seems to be firing on all cylinders deep into the season, my stance would change considerably.
You don't say!

I think he’s making a joke since someone said last year bouzakis was portaling to Iowa
Tv Land Teacher GIF by Teachers on TV Land

Reactions: el dub and Zapuj268
Well you said last year he was transferring in, how quickly we forget
Oh now I remember you, Did spark a nerve when I told you to not to go postal!
I never said he was transferring in, I mentioned I would love to have him in the program and I knew his father. I may have said I would like for him to transfer at some point.
Its Morans like you that linger around making all the trolls look bad.

What’s everybody’s favorite memory of Teemer as a hawkeye?
mine was when someone guessed Richie Figs for the ☀️🔱 clue after he called out parco and schultz for entering the portal and then backtracked saying it was;t about his teammates

I remember like it was yesterday. The so called “hints” the back and forth guessing game. Good times
Wait, it was yesterday ! The insider said we have big impact guy coming, just not announcing for 2 months. Now it’s pump the brakes on expecting adding someone late summer. Maybe things have changed suddenly. It’s fun speculating, but not as fun when most of the prospects fall through

I'd pump the brakes on any grad transfer until the portal opens up.

I have yet to find info that says the portal will be open for wrestling prior to next season. I can’t find anything on special portal rules for grad transfers. Everything I read says they have to enter in their sport’s window like everyone else. So if this mystery “Tarcori Jeemer” character isn’t already in the portal, he’s not coming.

Would appreciate it if someone could show me something different.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT