ADVERTISEMENT

Official Portal Watch

and hendrickson

Yes Hendrickson, but I dont see him taking a leap in levels maybe but Hamiti will definitely jump levels. IMHO
Plus, isn't Hamiti supposed to be going up to 174? Taylor may get OkState there eventually, but even with the addition of those 2, Iowa was considerably ahead of them going into this season and the addition of Parco and, now possibly Teemer, they should maintain a pretty similar distance.

Taylor may get them there eventually, but even Sanderson and Brands had "down" years their first year in office...

Plus, isn't Hamiti supposed to be going up to 174? Taylor may get OkState there eventually, but even with the addition of those 2, Iowa was considerably ahead of them going into this season and the addition of Parco and, now possibly Teemer, they should maintain a pretty similar distance.

Taylor may get them there eventually, but even Sanderson and Brands had "down" years their first year in office...
He maybe starting with a better lineup then Karl did, but I agree.

He maybe starting with a better lineup then Karl did, but I agree.
Not really. Sanderson inherited Vallimont, Molinaro, Wright and Ruth. I am not seeing anything like that on the OkState team so far....

Oh, and there was also Jenkins and his younger brother Cyler and Taylor that followed him.

Mind you, he did redshirt everyone he could, except for Bubba(who left in a very visible manner)...

Reactions: Grip220
I don't think I would call your lineup a fantasy.
This. I think with Parco and Teemer we still have questions with 33, 41 and 97. And I'm not saying they all can't be great; I just haven't seem them perform great on the big stage. ZG was my MVP last year but still am not sold on the big stage.

We really need Ayala to man 125. I think Kale Peterson could have a breakout year.

fantasy lineup

125 - Ayala
133 - Peterson
141 - Block
149 - Parco
157 - Teemer
165 - Caliendo
174 - Arnold
184 - Brands
197 - Glazier (is there chance Cass could come back)
285 - Kueter
No imo on Cass, but this lineup is absolutely a trophy team.

Reactions: vhsalum
This. I think with Parco and Teemer we still have questions with 33, 41 and 97. And I'm not saying they all can't be great; I just haven't seem them perform great on the big stage. ZG was my MVP last year but still am not sold on the big stage.
Pyles said Block is all in on 141 next year, I think he’s the clear favorite to start. He is a question mark but he will be exciting to follow throughout the season. Glazier is the 97 really no competition for him there, and Kale/Cullan will be the weak spot of our lineup but I am excited to watch Kale throughout the year.

25: Ayala
33: Peterson
41: Block
49: Parco
57: Teemer/Kennedy
65: Caliendo/Kennedy
74: Kennedy/Arnold
84: Brands/Arnold/Ferrari
97: Glazier
** we should try for Carroll since he fills a huge hole for us in the futire
Hwt: Keuter/Hill

** Being that we may have just decimated ASU’s team, I would go after Figueroa as well and bump Ayala up to 33.

The future with starting the lineup with:
Figs
Ayala
Block

and ending with:
Ferrari
Carroll
Keuter

Pyles said Block is all in on 141 next year, I think he’s the clear favorite to start. He is a question mark but he will be exciting to follow throughout the season. Glazier is the 97 really no competition for him there, and Kale/Cullan will be the weak spot of our lineup but I am excited to watch Kale throughout the year.
I’m hoping Block and Kale can really bring it! Would be nice to get AAs out of 33 and 41! I think Kale beats Cullan; just the same, may the best man win.

Questions at 33,41,84,97,hwt. 33 and 41 being the most who knows. Someone decent/ undersized is going 84, 97 glazier I guess? Ran off AJ. Hopefully BK can keep some weight on with no ball.

I was wondering that myself.
He didn’t sound like he was kidding. Did say things will just work themselves out eventually to get best lineup out there. Problem is someone is going up, and it would be nice for that guy to know now, so they can start putting on good weight like PSU does.

Reactions: el dub
He didn’t sound like he was kidding. Did say things will just work themselves out eventually to get best lineup out there. Problem is someone is going up, and it would be nice for that guy to know now, so they can start putting on good weight like PSU does.
200.webp

Riggins, no. Hell no. Angelo needs to get on big bros program (or the PSU weight gain plan) to be an effective 184 this year...so probably not.

Gabe may be bigger than PK but he's about a half-foot too short for 184...and may not want to be a 184. I know we have a family member on the board but if the coaches came to my top 10 recruit and said, you need to start eating and lifting so my nephew can have an 12th year on the team, I might start looking at portal options.
I know I'll take dozens of damning replies but Riggins at the correct weight would have great collegiate results. He is an exceptional background, is much more athletic than he appears, and is a very offensive wrestler (even when giving up a ton of weight). If he went into the portal at 165 he would get a lot of attention. I see it as a Barrocough- type talent. Here come the delusional comments, and have you seen his record, and he hasn't done shit for like 5 years, etc....

Big deal. Posted my opinion. Opinions are like a**holes. Everyone has one.
Careful. The cesspool can smell blood in the water. And we all say stoopid $h1t once in awhile. Better just to own own it like a true moran.

For example, you would have been my hero if you would have left up the post and just denied its existence or connection to it.

We don’t need the best you. Do less better.

Last edited:
I know I'll take dozens of damning replies but Riggins at the correct weight would have great collegiate results. He is an exceptional background, is much more athletic than he appears, and is a very offensive wrestler (even when giving up a ton of weight). If he went into the portal at 165 he would get a lot of attention. I see it as a Barrocough- type talent. Here come the delusional comments, and have you seen his record, and he hasn't done shit for like 5 years, etc....
Riggins inability to finish shots, not just at 184 but his natural weight as well willl make it really hard for him to have consistent results.

Reactions: js8793
I’m torn on riggins. He has potential. Also with PK. Looked great recently. Ik he wasn’t totally healthy this last year

what’s your definition of great? i could see him being a top 15-20 guy at 165 this year. thought he got a lot better as the year went on last year. but breaking into the top 8 is a huge jump from where he’s been.

i do hope he sticks around for a bit because he’s clearly getting better and i think he could be AA caliber in a couple years

I guess I would define great as being similar to Barroclough - challenges for a starting spot but a fringe AA off the bench if need to be to adjust a dual line-up for rest or to bump a starter up

Reactions: hlstone and Grip220
I think there is a good debate with NIL if we were to look at it a different way. Right now, it is the wild west so if you are a program and NIL guy for the program, what is worth the investment? A known one or two year guy that is probably going to garner you top 4 or 5 or a high school kid who has had great results. In the NFL, rookies used to get crazy signing bonuses and contracts. For example, JaMarcus Russell got $61M contract ($32M guaranteed). He was probably the biggest bust in NFL history but there were a lot of them getting p-a-i-d. The proven guys were making the same or even less in some cases.

Bo Bassett will probably end up owning a bank. Likewise with a few other guys that I think we would mostly agree that are sure things. What happens when they sign multiyear big contracts and don't live up to it? Interesting topic for sure.

Careful. The cesspool can smell blood in the water. And we all say stoopid $h1t once in awhile. Better just to own own it like a true moran.

For example, you would have been my hero if you would have left up the post and just denied its existence or connection to it.

We don’t need the best you. Do less better.
The upside is that it was Spooner; he's hard on everyone regardless of the complexity of the error or the slip. LOL! :)

• Haha
Reactions: el dub
What are you talking about? He’s the preseason number 1 157 in the nation.
Very true but

157 caliendo
165 kennedy
174 gabe
184 brands

Vs

157 teemer
165 caliendo
174 Gabe
184 brands

Not exactly a huge gain. In fact Caliendo could potentially beat teemer if he’s got gas in the tank at 57.

We have a huge hole at 125 or 133 that would help much more with a pick up.

Very true but

157 caliendo
165 kennedy
174 gabe
184 brands

Vs

157 teemer
165 caliendo
174 Gabe
184 brands

Not exactly a huge gain. In fact Caliendo could potentially beat teemer if he’s got gas in the tank at 57.

We have a huge hole at 125 or 133 that would help much more with a pick up.
Teemer - 2nd (pre-season #1)
Caliendo - 4th (pre-season #2)
Gabe - Highly ranked recruit coming off 1 loss true frosh season
Brands - AA

Caliendo - New weight but would be ranked highly
Kennedy - No AA finishes
Gabe - See above
Brands - See above

I'll take Door #1 100/100 times

I think there is a good debate with NIL if we were to look at it a different way. Right now, it is the wild west so if you are a program and NIL guy for the program, what is worth the investment? A known one or two year guy that is probably going to garner you top 4 or 5 or a high school kid who has had great results. In the NFL, rookies used to get crazy signing bonuses and contracts. For example, JaMarcus Russell got $61M contract ($32M guaranteed). He was probably the biggest bust in NFL history but there were a lot of them getting p-a-i-d. The proven guys were making the same or even less in some cases.

Bo Bassett will probably end up owning a bank. Likewise with a few other guys that I think we would mostly agree that are sure things. What happens when they sign multiyear big contracts and don't live up to it? Interesting topic for sure.
What would Spencer Lee have gone for in today’s NIL era?

• Wow
Reactions: vhsalum
The more I read, the more I think PK is the odd man out...forever.

And I agree with those that say Gabe is too short to be elite at 184.

Reactions: Muscles1989
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT