ADVERTISEMENT

Official Portal Watch

Now, if you actually start off with the mindset of the bolded part above, you are losing before you even start! :)

I will say that my 9 year old is the exception to that rule. Her Daddy/Daughter argument win percentage(DDAWP)is VERY high!

That's because she's smarter than you. (spoken as a parent of an 8 year old daughter)

• Haha
Reactions: el dub and MSU158
I am not really arguing with you over the first part.

As far as Cruz goes, at the time, he was thought of as a "prospect", I also don't remember any key top 125s even hinting at going into the portal. Meanwhile, they still had Ayala, Teske and Schriever, relegating Cruz to no more than an emergency depth "stop gap". They then added what looks like a lifetime 125 and possibly the best prospect at the weight from the 2025 class.

So, all this angst comes down to their not magically knowing ahead of time that Ayala probably won't go 125 in 2025 and not landing the replacement in 2024 instead of 2025.

So, again, who, what, where and how should they have fixed this in 2024?

It really is too bad they weren't allowed to consider other 125 options after Cruz committed in May of 2023.

We're Iowa, and despite over 18 months notice that the long term plan wasn't going to pan out, we are going into a season where best case we hope to have a national qualifier at 125. That's a failure. It wouldn't be at Michigan State, but Iowa isn't MSU.

Reactions: el dub
It really is too bad they weren't allowed to consider other 125 options after Cruz committed in May of 2023.

We're Iowa, and despite over 18 months notice that the long term plan wasn't going to pan out, we are going into a season where best case we hope to have a national qualifier at 125. That's a failure. It wouldn't be at Michigan State, but Iowa isn't MSU.
I see you and Willie definitely have at least 1 thing in common in this thread......You won't directly answer a question! :)

Reactions: acuhawk
I see you and Willie definitely have at least 1 thing in common in this thread......You won't directly answer a question! :)

Have I not made myself clear? They should have started in 2022 and actually gotten someone good. Because...well...that's their job.

This is a weird world where Multi Hawk is now banned from posting on this site and he spoke of facts. I read tons of half-truths, exaggerations, and flat-out lies from so-called experts, and of all people he is banned from posting-- ridiculous!

Have I not made myself clear? They should have started in 2022 and actually gotten someone good. Because...well...that's their job.
So, your answer is they should have done it, because their job is to do it? If that answer was graded on insight and intelligence, what grade do you think it deserves?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: acuhawk
This is a weird world where Multi Hawk is now banned from posting on this site and he spoke of facts. I read tons of half-truths, exaggerations, and flat-out lies from so-called experts, and of all people he is banned from posting-- ridiculous!
Seriously? By the site itself or did certain "powers that be" tell him to stop posting about this topic?

So, your answer is they should have done it, because their job is to do it? If that answer was graded on insight and intelligence, what grade you think it deserves?

If you're asking me if I expect people to do their job, and when they don't, should they be open to criticism, the answer is a resounding YES to both.

<<Seriously? By the site itself or did certain "powers that be" tell him to stop posting about this topic?>>

Seriously!!-- The site itself-

This better not be the case.

What powers that be called for this?

After all the garbage posted on this site, and he is banned for speaking the truth?

He just posted a few hours ago. You can pretty much say anything you want to people on this board and not get banned so I'd tend to doubt he's been banned.

Reactions: bammhawk1
He has left. Multiple times. He comes back. They all come back. It's a wrestling addiction and we sell the best smack.
He was on here calling people morons for thinking he just posts Iowa's $$$ portal figures and nobody else's... until he was asked who else, he then suddenly disappeared. Lol.

Multi-Hawk was banned??? His profile says he was last seen 5 minutes ago, browsing this board

<<He just posted a few hours ago. You can pretty much say anything you want to people on this board and not get banned so I'd tend to doubt he's been banned>>

Trust me--

• Haha
Reactions: vhsalum
If you're asking me if I expect people to do their job, and when they don't, should they be open to criticism, the answer is a resounding YES to both.
I don't disagree with criticism. They have done plenty to warrant it. I am talking about this particular instance where you basically called it criminal for them to not have a crystal ball, foreseeing they would lose Jesuroga while having his brother on the team and that Ayala would no longer go 125 after being on the team for 3 years and "mistakenly" recruit the best kid at the weight for 2025 instead of 2024.

In this particular case, I think you are about as wrong as someone could possibly be...

where employee compensation numbers are public information?

Is college wrestling a business? Is the University of Iowa public or private?

All government employees have public compensation information.

Many private companies share salary information in a pool to their designs. They pay specific jobs and performances at specific percentile when compared to there competitors.

I worked for both.

Sharing salary information publicly only helps increase compensation of the undervalued.

I believe in a free market, which relies on transparent pricing.

@MSU158 is another level of @IRONBIRD!

Give it a rest already!
MSU is guilty of being very stubborn and hardheaded. But he is not even close to the land ironbird lives in; his thoughts are well thought out (sometimes to much as im not sure if he can post less than 3 paragraphs at a time) and he actually provides good information. I think ironbird falls further off his rocker every time I see a post from him. The two couldn’t be further apart lol

Reactions: IAChief32
reports information that the board likes to read, ya thats cool to get rid of him.
I mean he posted 2 months ago about these transfer he definitely has some super close sources. It doesn’t surprise me if they’re tired of him leaking and need him to hush.

I have to tell you that it is pretty tall order to get a recruit to committ to the Hawks when they have a guy name Ayala who is a freshman and then a sophomore. It would be nice if they could get someone willing to sit for an indefinite period of time with the hopes of Ayala moving up a weight, but as we can all see - it did not happen. ( someone being willing to sit - that is.)

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
Is college wrestling a business? Is the University of Iowa public or private?

All government employees have public compensation information.

Many private companies share salary information in a pool to their designs. They pay specific jobs and performances at specific percentile when compared to there competitors.

I worked for both.

Sharing salary information publicly only helps increase compensation of the undervalued.

I believe in a free market, which relies on transparent pricing.
Only in Iowa City, apparently.

If you think about it, it totally makes sense. Doesn’t post politics, religion, or even bag on other teams. Just facts as he knows them.

F-ed up world we are living in.
Or there is/are specific reason(s) why he can't that have nothing to do with his general posting habits?

<<Multi-Hawk was banned??? His profile says he was last seen 5 minutes ago, browsing this board>>

Someone has set his permissions to read only

I just confirmed it firsthand. He's not able to post in this wrestling forum.

Outrageous!
This is very disappointing!!! Who's the dang Mod around here, somebody has some splainin to do!

My sub on the new site ends Aug 31. I was planning to stay on Rivals for 2 reasons, this board being the primary. However, if knowledgeable posters cannot post here while far too many PSU trolls are allowed, that's a reason to reconsider.

What?

If you think about it, it totally makes sense. Doesn’t post politics, religion, or even bag on other teams. Just facts as he knows them.

F-ed up world we are living in.
I lost the ability to post here after accidentally changing my internet surfing setting to private once.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT