ADVERTISEMENT

***Official USMNT CONCACAF final thread***

• Thread starter anon_ts5cfra6drv7r
  • Start date
And it's probably near a microphone since that is almost all of the 15% USA fans in Chicago.

The US usually draws pretty well in Chicago. I'm guessing Mexican fans were far more confident about making the finals so they bought most of the tickets very early. The US, well, after the disastrous friendlies before the tournament people were far less excited and at $100 bucks for the cheapest seats people didn't splurge.

Morris needs to sub out for Boyd. Morris has little finesse and defense to his game. Hes a true winger and one footed. I also love the dude because hes a Sounder but how Boyd didnt start is beyond me.

I try to be cool about stuff at sporting events, but a snare drum behind my head would be too much.

If you were sitting in those seats there is no way you would be sober enough to care about drums. And if you were, they would make sure you weren't.

The US usually draws pretty well in Chicago. I'm guessing Mexican fans were far more confident about making the finals so they bought most of the tickets very early. The US, well, after the disastrous friendlies before the tournament people were far less excited and at $100 bucks for the cheapest seats people didn't splurge.

Oh I agree. But the Gold Cup final in Chicago has been mostly Mexican fans in the past. Like 2005 when Benny Felhalber smashed that volley from outside the 18.

Mexico also had a day extra of knowing they were in the final because they played the semi a day before us.

Reactions: BioHawk
Morris needs to sub out for Boyd. Morris has little finesse and defense to his game. Hes a true winger and one footed. I also love the dude because hes a Sounder but how Boyd didnt start is beyond me.

Good gracious I do not like Morris as a player. Hope he proves me wrong. Really like what a saw from Boyd. I thought I heard something about GB not likely his defense

Thoughts on rule letting them play goal kick inside the 18 yard box? I like it especially with younger age groups. Make them play out of the back.

I noticed that. Fine at older ages, but it would be terrible at younger ages.
The winning strategy for too many young teams is to poach a weak goal kick and score.
Iowa soccer tried to make youth club teams defenders have to drop backwards to the midline on goal kicks, but coaches, players and refs weren’t consistent and it went away.

I noticed that. Fine at older ages, but it would be terrible at younger ages.
The winning strategy for too many young teams is to poach a weak goal kick and score.
Iowa soccer tried to make youth club teams defenders have to drop backwards to the midline on goal kicks, but coaches, players and refs weren’t consistent and it went away.
The defense can't go inside the box until the second player touches. I think it takes away attempts at weak goal kicks. We'll see in the fall for younger ages.

I’ve turned into Clint Eastwood in Gran Torino watching this game. Freaking Mexican Cerveza ads. No one wants your garbage beer.

Last edited:
Enjoyable game so far. Too bad we couldn’t get an early goal.
Pulisic adds so much in terms of creating opportunities. Fun to watch.

Agree on Morris - pretty much a non-factor. Need more out of him. He always seems out of shape to me.

Reactions: TennNole17
Dude - the game is on a third tier cable television in the US. In Mexico it’s on every channel.

Fox Sports commercial breaks should be for My Pillow and WeatherTech.

This is America, Jack.
NaturalNaiveLeonberger-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: irunlikeAcieEarl
Good paced game. I watched the MLS game before the the field seemed much smaller..

US has a good pace, they might slip one in

Reactions: PoopandBoogers
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT