ADVERTISEMENT

***Official USMNT CONCACAF final thread***

• Thread starter anon_ts5cfra6drv7r
  • Start date
I don’t totally disagree, and I doubt he has a major role beyond as a sub in the next qualifying cycle, but who would you have out there tonight instead of him?

That is kind of the problem, we need more depth on the back four and holding mid fielders.

Altidore seems to have some great first touches, mixed with some great physical ability, mixed with some horrible touches and laziness

Reactions: Pepperman
I’m not trying to be “takey” here, but I’m not so sure the US is playing that well. Had some great chances we blew, but otherwise I’m not seeing anything that looks that great to me.

I’d give the US a B- for the first 45 mins, but Mexico gets a C-.

That is kind of the problem, we need more depth on the back four and holding mid fielders.

Well, ideally I think we’ll have Adams instead of Bradley going forward, with yedlin/cannon at right back.

Either starting or reserves, I think the following guys have World Cup slots: assuming healthy obviously

Note: I’m only talking about players actually playing in this Gold Cup. You have to think guys like Sargent, Weah, and several guys on the U-20 squad that played well in their World Cup run.

Lots to be excited about, and good lord should we have a young, talented squad going forward.

Reactions: irunlikeAcieEarl
The defense can't go inside the box until the second player touches. I think it takes away attempts at weak goal kicks. We'll see in the fall for younger ages.

Why would young kids want to play out of the back when the 18 is ringed with defenders? Keeper is going to punt it over the top. The way to encourage play out of the back is to push defenders back to the midline on goal kicks.

Good paced game. I watched the MLS game before the the field seemed much smaller..

US has a good pace, they might slip one in

It was much smaller, NYCFC plays at Yankee Stadium until they finalize a stadium of their own.

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
Why would young kids want to play out of the back when the 18 is ringed with defenders? Keeper is going to punt it over the top. The way to encourage play out of the back is to push defenders back to the midline on goal kicks.

Shoot, our high school girls can't play it out well.

Reactions: Pinehawk
Mexico’s going to convert one of these, eventually. We need to get it going.

Does Freddie Adu still play? Is he even on this team? Never hear about him anymore
Too lazy to find the link but ESPN had an in depth article about him a month ago. Long story short, he’s in some second tier league like the DSM Menace trying to stage a comeback but there’s basically no shot of it happening.

Reactions: hawkeye54545
Just to turn it over off the long goal kick? Pass out and if it isn't there they can still long kick out.

Just to turn it over off the long goal kick? Pass out and if it isn't there they can still long kick out.

50/50 long ball turnover is better than a bad touch/bad pass instant goal against in the box.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT