ADVERTISEMENT

Oklahoma football player Spencer Jones gets his ass beat in

Looks like the guy in cowboy boots.
And how much do you wanna bet that the whole altercation was somehow related to a woman, i.e. horniness? If there's one thing that never changes about the college bar scene, its the presence of the douchers who always wanna start fights when they can't get laid.

Hope the MMA boys enjoy their time in the Oklahoma State Pen because that's where they are heading. Threw the first punch, unprovoked, and no, a little touch if the shoulder doesn't count, and had access to the door to leave or were blocking the exit. Get ready for this clip to get filmed over and over at both the criminal and civil trials.

I am actually bummed it's gone. My freshman year college roommate owned it around 2000 when I was up there. He had it cleaned up, including the bathrooms. I would have loved to go in for a beer and a slice.
It was really really really bad in the late 1980s. At one time there wasn't a toilet or urinal..just a drain in the floor and the pee splattered like crazy.

Reactions: jasonrann
Hope the MMA boys enjoy their time in the Oklahoma State Pen because that's where they are heading. Threw the first punch, unprovoked, and no, a little touch if the shoulder doesn't count, and had access to the door to leave or were blocking the exit. Get ready for this clip to get filmed over and over at both the criminal and civil trials.

That wasn't a touch of the shoulder. The OU boys could have left but they chose unwisely. They need to learn some manners and not touch someone else. Mess with the bull...

Nah...cannot say unproved. There is more to the video that wasn’t shown. They’ll plead down..maybe a weekend in jail...but legends on OU campus for the foreseeable future.

Reactions: torbee
It was really really really bad in the late 1980s. At one time there wasn't a toilet or urinal..just a drain in the floor and the pee splattered like crazy.
I was there '88 to '92. It was really fuggin bad then. Pretty much had to hold your breath while standing in a half inch of piss and puke. That said, the slice and a Coke for $1.50 at 2am was money!

That wasn't a touch of the shoulder. The OU boys could have left but they chose unwisely. They need to learn some manners and not touch someone else. Mess with the bull...
Which door were they using to leave the bathroom? The one the MMA guys were in front of? They did not have access to an escape route. They couldn't have just left.

Nah...cannot say unproved. There is more to the video that wasn’t shown. They’ll plead down..maybe a weekend in jail...but legends on OU campus for the foreseeable future.
Don't think you understand the power of that video and how it is everywhere. You think a DA can just let this slide or plead it down. The beatdown was excessive and brutal and all on video. Those MMA guys are going to be made an example of. This isn't just going away.

Reactions: jasonrann
I’ve only heard the stories second and third hand, but the determining factor was Ed Horton. No one wanted to tangle with Ed so the wrestlers smartly moved on and peace was restored to the universe.
Now I really don't believe it. If it was Ed Horton that would have been the Royce Alger, Rico Chiparelli, Marty Kistler, Brad Penrith, and Kevin Dresser, and Duane GoldMan Years. I don't see Ed Horton intimidating Alger, GOldman, and Kisler. If it was off season Goldman (who was National Champ) weighed around 215. I knew Alger..he was batshit crazy...no way he'd back down. I don't believe the story. The Iowa wrestlers, especially in those years, were quite trouble. I'm not saying Ed Horton wouldn't hold his own. But I am convinced those wrestlers in that time period would never back down. Goldman would have Horton in an arm-bar in about 15 seconds. Not buying it.

FightBartLisa.gif

Now I really don't believe it. If it was Ed Horton that would have been the Royce Alger, Rico Chiparelli, Marty Kistler, Brad Penrith, and Kevin Dresser, and Duane GoldMan Years. I don't see Ed Horton intimidating Alger, GOldman, and Kisler. If it was off season Goldman (who was National Champ) weighed around 215. I knew Alger..he was batshit crazy...no way he'd back down. I don't believe the story. The Iowa wrestlers, especially in those years, were quite trouble. I'm not saying Ed Horton wouldn't hold his own. But I am convinced those wrestlers in that time period would never back down. Goldman would have Horton in an arm-bar in about 15 seconds. Not buying it.

Totally agree, there’s no way a wrestler backs down from Ed. Back in the 80’s there were the tough man contests at Vets. The wrestlers totally dominated. There were guys with boxing backgrounds and the wrestlers would take them down and beat the hell of them. You absolutely don’t mess with wrestlers.

Reactions: ghost80
Which door were they using to leave the bathroom? The one the MMA guys were in front of? They did not have access to an escape route. They couldn't have just left.

So you think those two guys were blocking everyone from getting in or out of the bathroom? Even if they were blocking the door, you don’t get in their face and put your hands on them. You just stand to the side and eventually the guys will leave.

Reactions: Finance85
LOL of course. You guys really are stupid. No judge or jury would see the MMA bros as defending themselves after watching it all. A punch or shove back? Sure. Full on assault, choking, and breaking an eye socket isn't equal to a shoulder shove you idiots.

If I’m a juror, I’d need to hear the legal arguments either way. That said, I would like to show this to all would-be tough guys in HS and college.

Just don’t. Walk away. You don’t know who you’re battling and there’s always someone more badass than you.

Totally agree, there’s no way a wrestler backs down from Ed. Back in the 80’s there were the tough man contests at Vets. The wrestlers totally dominated. There were guys with boxing backgrounds and the wrestlers would take them down and beat the hell of them. You absolutely don’t mess with wrestlers.
The Iowa Wrestling program has really changed for the better. Had a buddy that attended Iowa in the 1980s along with my brother. They said the Wrestlers were dreaded out in public. When a group of wrestlers would walk into a bar they would leave.

Last edited:

They didn’t throw the first punch. Only the first in that video. I’m curious what other videos are out there.

The guy already had a bloody nose, and the guy filming essentially called this round 2.

Reactions: Chuck C and torbee
If I’m a juror, I’d need to hear the legal arguments either way. That said, I would like to show this to all would-be tough guys in HS and college.

Just don’t. Walk away. You don’t know who you’re battling and there’s always someone more badass than you.
Yes I agree here. But the guy isn't going to go to prison for this. He might do some jail time but its not like hes going to end up on death row. Every day somewhere , somebody gets their ass kicked like this. A beloved kick holder gets beat up and people act like the perp should get the electric chair.

They didn’t throw the first punch. Only the first in that video. I’m curious what other videos are out there.

The guy already had a bloody nose, and the guy filming essentially called this round 2.
I'm guessing this was a provoked incident. That mitigates the punishment significantly.

Reactions: SB_SB
I remember a video from a street fight in Austin. Probably a 6’5” 320 offensive lineman pushed a chick and a smaller guy with MMA background just destroyed him

I wouldn’t mess with anyone. Just not worth it. Thankfully I am pretty chill and have not been into too many situations as such
The video didn't really catch the fight/knockout just the aftermath of the big dude being knocked out and getting stomped and punched after he is down and then people attending to him.

Roger Huerta was the UFC fighter and his side was : "I approached the man and said, "You don't do that. You don't hit a woman." The video doesn't show what happened next, but he said, "F--- you. I'll knock any b---- out I want." The tape also doesn't show that he swung at me two or three times right after that. All you see is me bouncing up and down. He has already swung at me at that point. Then the guy takes off running. I chased him down and you saw what else happened... I can't talk about what exactly happened because it's a legal metter... If the same thing occurred, I would do it all over again. I have no regrets."

The football player was Rashad Bobino.

Here is the video:

Last edited:
Reactions: bdg8
I do think it is a bit funny this has gone viral and they keep referring to these guys as football players in a way that infers they were much bigger like linebackers or DTs. They were basically just taller and in good shape...but in no way were they intimidating big guys anymore than say Tom Brady is an intimidating big guy.

I do think it is a bit funny this has gone viral and they keep referring to these guys as football players in a way that infers they were much bigger like linebackers or DTs. They were basically just taller and in good shape...but in no way were they intimidating big guys anymore than say Tom Brady is an intimidating big guy.

While you and I know that, someone needed to tell it to the FB players. They seemed to think they were tough guys.

While you and I know that, someone needed to tell it to the FB players. They seemed to think they were tough guys.
Yeah-but I have also seen a million of drunk 18-30 year olds with similar beer muscles before. To me the video is more akin to the very common douchey college fraternity choads who thought they were tough getting their ass kicked by a couple of townies at a local bar. It's not that surprising or amazing as opposed to a video that instead had the two guys from the Shire throwing around a linebacker, big running back, tight end etc.

Reactions: haw-key and torbee
Everyone is saying that ass beating was too excessive

I say why dont people keep their hands to themselves
The guy who was first punched look to be the mediator between the guy who punched him and the guy behind him who gave a little shove to the MMA guy. The MMA guy thought it was the guy in front of him (it was not) so he fought him. That's my take.

When I was at UNI from '88 to '92, lived in the dorms my first two years and the wrestlers were on my floor. They ALL liked to fight and they all had mouths. You weren't fighting just one of them either. I was happy to put one little guy on his ass just fooling around one time after he was running his mouth for about an hour. He didn't chirp quite as much after that.

Last edited:
This story has been around for 32 years. It wasn't the whole team, it was a few guys from each team.

The buddy in the jean jacket got plenty of it too. The worst thing is the hepatitis they're all going to catch from that piss-covered floor.

LOL that was one of my thoughts. "Not the floor!".

The jeans jacket guy getting body slammed into the wall could have had his neck broken. Over what? This reminds me of a story I heard in high school. One of the football coaches told us about a friend of his who went to prison because he killed a guy in a fight. He was telling us about this guy being massive with fists almost the size of a normal person's head. A much smaller guy started a fight with him, the huge guy punched the small guy once in the face and killed him.

The irony is your statement here also applies to the MMA trained guys. In fact, it's like I have to quote SpiderMan here, "with great power comes great responsibility." The simple fact these guys were trained in combat sports means they shoulder a greater burden of responsibility here.

Do I think the OSU football players got what was coming to them? Yes, maybe. The comeuppance was pleasing to witness but then it quickly crossed the line. That second dude got his head supplexed into the wall, you could see his body go limp and the guy was on top of him just pummeling his head as the video cut out. That guy was totally defenseless and was getting his face beat in. The first guy wasn't even the one hit initiated contact with shove and was was struck with blows to the head first, taken down, choked out, and pummeled to the head.

All I'm saying is that from a legal perspective what happened here was felony assault and it is all on camera. The MMA guys were trained in combat and knew going into the altercation what they were capable of doing. They had access to the door and could have retreated. Instead they ask which guy do you want and start the attack. Then, once gaining the upper hand in the fight, continue to inflict harm on opponents who were rendered defenseless.

You can say those guys got the ass whooping they deserved. Probably. But we live in a civilized society with laws. Those MMA guys aren't just going to go to county jail, they'll be going to state prison for up to 10 years once the DA is done with them.

• Haha
Reactions: Pinehawk
The simple fact these guys were trained in combat sports means they shoulder a greater burden of responsibility here.

All I'm saying is that from a legal perspective what happened here was felony assault and it is all on camera. The MMA guys were trained in combat and knew going into the altercation what they were capable of doing.
One was trained in MMA and the other trained in laces-out. Same-same!

One was trained in MMA and the other trained in laces-out. Same-same!
I realize it's all fun and games watching somebody get their ass whooped but there are some real teaching moments here. Like the story in the post above about the big guy accidentally killing somebody in a fight and going to prison. If you are trained in combat sports and know you can handle yourself and probably have the upper hand in an altercation, just because you can whoop ass doesn't mean you should do it. In fact, it's probably more your responsibility to avoid conflict because of what you are capable of doing.

Reactions: drew_hawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT