ADVERTISEMENT

Oklahoma football player Spencer Jones gets his ass beat in

When I was at UNI from '88 to '92, lived in the dorms my first two years and the wrestlers were on my floor. They ALL liked to fight and they all had mouths. You weren't fighting just one of them either. I was happy to put one little guy on his ass just fooling around one time after he was running his mouth for about an hour. He didn't chirp quite as much after that.
Beating up the team manager doesn't count.

Beating up the team manager doesn't count.

I didn't beat him up, we were just screwing around. He was one of the lower weight wrestlers. He was getting mouthy and said he could pin me and started tugging at me to egg me on. I pinned him in about 10 seconds. His wrestling buddies were laughing their asses off.

Reactions: Finance85
Then please explain why the guy starts with a bloody nose before kicking that other guy’s ass.

Jean coat boy probably did that if it was from those boys. So that makes it ok for MMA douche to hit the friend of his potential assailant? Use your smooth brain once in awhile

I didn't beat him up, we were just screwing around. He was one of the lower weight wrestlers. He was getting mouthy and said he could pin me and started tugging at me to egg me on. I pinned him in about 10 seconds. His wrestling buddies were laughing their asses off.
How much did you weigh? A "little" collegiate wrestler likely weighs 135-140 in the off season. If you were under 185 pounds I don't believe you...unless you were an above average wrestler in HS. I've seen 125 pound college wrestleers destroy 170 pound above average HS wrestlers.

Last edited:
Reactions: jasonrann
How much did you weigh? A "little" collegiate wrestler likely weighs 135-140 in the off season. If you were under 185 pounds I don't believe you...unless you were an above average wrestler in HS. I've seen 125 pound college wrestleers destroy 170 pound above average HS wrestlers.

I was 195 and absolutely swolled. I am guessing he was 125.

Then please explain why the guy starts with a bloody nose before kicking that other guy’s ass.

I really would love to know the background & how the guy's nose had gotten bloodied prior to the beginning of the video. I think it's reasonable to assume that it was not the ball holder who'd done that to him, or MMA guy wouldn't have been talking to him relatively calmly at the inception of the video.

I really would love to know the background & how the guy's nose had gotten bloodied prior to the beginning of the video. I think it's reasonable to assume that it was not the ball holder who'd done that to him, or MMA guy wouldn't have been talking to him relatively calmly at the inception of the video.
If you watch the start of the video his buddy is rubbing his jaw as if he got hit. Looks like cowboy boot guy and buddy might have gotten into it resulting in holder getting his ass kicked. It would really be to bad if he was just trying to split it up and got beaten like that.

If you watch the start of the video his buddy is rubbing his jaw as if he got hit. Looks like cowboy boot guy and buddy might have gotten into it resulting in holder getting his ass kicked. It would really be to bad if he was just trying to split it up and got beaten like that.
Just based on how it started it seemed like MMA was trying to be non-aggressive but placekicker holder was puffing his chest trying to intimidate, and mistook MMA’s looking away as meekness/submission

I saw some comments about MMA guy talking to a friend who happened to be the GF of one of the other two is what started it. The whole get the f out of here like they own the place and 'what are you going to do about it' smirk on the holders face right before he got smacked makes it hard to sympathize with them.

My prediction is they get charged with Aggravated Assault & Battery due to the extent of the injuries inflicted. Will be looking at up to 5 years in prison and/or a fine. Probably end up pleading down but that will be up to the DA. This has gotten very public and the video is pretty graphic. A DA might see no reason to take a plea.

Here's the statute. I've highlighted the relevant parts.

§21-646. Aggravated assault and battery defined. A. An assault and battery becomes aggravated when committed under any of the following circumstances: Oklahoma Statutes - Title 21. Crimes and Punishments Page 165 1. When great bodily injury is inflicted upon the person assaulted; or 2. When committed by a person of robust health or strength upon one who is aged, decrepit, or incapacitated, as defined in Section 641 of this title. B. For purposes of this section “great bodily injury” means bone fracture, protracted and obvious disfigurement, protracted loss or impairment of the function of a body part, organ or mental faculty, or substantial risk of death.

Also, below is the self-defense statute.

§21-643. Force against another not unlawful, when - Self-defense - Defense of property.

3. When committed either by the person about to be injured, or by any other person in such person's aid or defense, in preventing or attempting to prevent an offense against such person, or any trespass or other unlawful interference with real or personal property in such person's lawful possession; provided the force or violence used is not more than sufficient to prevent such offense;

Are you serious? There's no way they're going to prison.

I saw some comments about MMA guy talking to a friend who happened to be the GF of one of the other two is what started it. The whole get the f out of here like they own the place and 'what are you going to do about it' smirk on the holders face right before he got smacked makes it hard to sympathize with them.
and now you know, "The rest of the story!!"

younger guys probably won't get that.

That and the friend yelling "look at me bitch" while holder stares him down, and then the friend pushing MMA. If holder really was trying to deescalate he would have given his friend a dirty look and told him to back down, rather than continuing to stare down MMA.

That and the friend yelling "look at me bitch" while holder stares him down, and then the friend pushing MMA. If holder really was trying to deescalate he would have given his friend a dirty look and told him to back down, rather than continuing to stare down MMA.

The last thing Ball Holder says is "Hey, what you got there?" While motioning to MMA guy's hand.

I think there was an altercation between MMA guy and Blue Jean guy where MMA got a bloody nose and Blue Jean got smacked in the face. That's why Blue Jean was checking his face out in the mirror and screaming "Look at me! Look at me, b-tch!" Ball holder wasn't the aggressor in any of this, didn't even give the push on the shoulder.

In the end, you guys realize it doesn't matter what started it. Words exchanged, whatever, doesn't matter. Stand your ground, doesn't matter. Once it progressed to the point where there was no danger and the assault continued causing bodily harm it becomes assault. Broken bones it's aggravated assault.

The last thing Ball Holder says is "Hey, what you got there?" While motioning to MMA guy's hand.

I think there was an altercation between MMA guy and Blue Jean guy where MMA got a bloody nose and Blue Jean got smacked in the face. That's why Blue Jean was checking his face out in the mirror and screaming "Look at me! Look at me, b-tch!" Ball holder wasn't the aggressor in any of this, didn't even give the push on the shoulder.

In the end, you guys realize it doesn't matter what started it. Words exchanged, whatever, doesn't matter. Stand your ground, doesn't matter. Once it progressed to the point where there was no danger and the assault continued causing bodily harm it becomes assault. Broken bones it's aggravated assault.
Up through the end of the clip, holder was punching back. Now MMA's brother continuing to punch jean jacket after it looks like he got knocked out being flung head first into the wall, that is another story entirely.

Reactions: ghost80

But the odds of doing real time are very, very low.

A guy we knew in college saw another dude talking to his girlfriend in a bar, he was drunk. He was always a crazy belligerent a-hole when drinking. Anyway, he goes over unprovoked, and smashes a full beer mug straight into the guy's face without even saying a word, then proceeds to beat the crap out of the bleeding guy on the ground.

He ended up being sentenced to 5 years for agg assault, serving 8 months and then was released on good behavior.

In a situation like the video - where there clearly was an actual conflict and a fight with some level of participation by both sides - the MMA dude is not going to serve much, if any, time and it almost certainly will be in county not state prison.

Up through the end of the clip, holder was punching back. Now MMA's brother continuing to punch jean jacket after it looks like he got knocked out being flung head first into the wall, that is another story entirely.
Punching back? Dude was flailing his arms while getting choked out. I don't think the Holder got a punch in the entire fight. It was a completely one sided ass whooping.

But the odds of doing real time are very, very low.

A guy we knew in college saw another dude talking to his girlfriend in a bar, he was drunk. He was always a crazy belligerent a-hole when drinking. Anyway, he goes over unprovoked, and smashes a full beer mug straight into the guy's face without even saying a word, then proceeds to beat the crap out of the bleeding guy on the ground.

He ended up being sentenced to 5 years for agg assault, serving 8 months and then was released on good behavior.

In a situation like the video - where there clearly was an actual conflict and a fight with some level of participation by both sides - the MMA dude is not going to serve much, if any, time and it almost certainly will be in county not state prison.
Doing time in County Jail is no small thing and he'll have to disclose it on every employment questionnaire for the rest of his life if he has ever been arrested, etc., at least for any decent career. This will follow him the rest of his life.

Sounds like there needs to be a bet!

I'm willing to bet but so we're clear, I'm not a professional and I think he's been trained in the art of betting, so if he "beats" me, I shouldn't be held accountable for my actions (I don't have to pay).

Punching back? Dude was flailing his arms while getting choked out. I don't think the Holder got a punch in the entire fight. It was a completely one sided ass whooping.

Doing time in County Jail is no small thing and he'll have to disclose it on every employment questionnaire for the rest of his life if he has ever been arrested, etc., at least for any decent career. This will follow him the rest of his life.

He's an MMA fighter, jail time is considered training time.

The irony is your statement here also applies to the MMA trained guys. In fact, it's like I have to quote SpiderMan here, "with great power comes great responsibility." The simple fact these guys were trained in combat sports means they shoulder a greater burden of responsibility here.

100% agree with this sentiment. I didn’t mean to exclude them. The last sentence in the paragraph before the part you quoted was true - I want to show something like this to so many people in HS and college. At that age, there are so many people (largely guys, but not universally so), who are young, dumb and think they’re invincible. Just don’t. Walk away.

You’re right - if you’re a trained fighter, you probably should be even more willing to walk away outside of a “sport” scenario.

Cry baby hired an attorney. That attorney could care less about criminal charges unless they help him in a civil case which is where he will make his money out of this. MMA guy will have no money to go after and if in prison will have no wages to garnish.

No prison time and in a civil suit the target will be the bar for not having adequate security. The bar will turn this over to their insurance company which will settle it.

Ball Holder will get a little money out of this.....not because he deserves it.....but because that is the way the system works.

Cry baby hired an attorney. That attorney could care less about criminal charges unless they help him in a civil case which is where he will make his money out of this. MMA guy will have no money to go after and if in prison will have no wages to garnish.

No prison time and in a civil suit the target will be the bar for not having adequate security. The bar will turn this over to their insurance company which will settle it.

Ball Holder will get a little money out of this.....not because he deserves it.....but because that is the way the system works.

A very cynical take, but probably accurate.

I was 195 and absolutely swolled. I am guessing he was 125.
Its a tall tale then. I don't believe you. 125 pounders are only 125 pounds the day of a match. You tell tall tales. Greenlee and Mooberry were on that UNI team. I mostly don't believe you because you said the other wrestlers sat back and watched. Mark Scwab was the 118/125 pounder that year. You must have mistaken the guy as an unattached wrestler. Nice story though. I'm sure your kids will believe you. If it was a little guy it was either Huffman, Patterson, or one of the fulgsang brothers. Wills, Kuhlman, Pustlenik, Martin, Marcks would have been the next bunch of smaller guys from that team.

Last edited:
Its a tall tale then. I don't believe you. 125 pounders are only 125 pounds the day of a match. You tell tall tales. Greenlee and Mooberry were on that UNI team. I mostly don't believe you because you said the other wrestlers sat back and watched. Mark Scwab was the 118/125 pounder that year. You must have mistaken the guy as an unattached wrestler. Nice story though. I'm sure your kids will believe you.

Believe whatever you want, dude. Good lord. I was guessing that was the weight he wrestled at.

If all parties walked away that’s one thing. But that didn’t happen.
MMA Guy could easily argue that he felt threatened and the exit was blocked. Once he was pushed (assault) it’s basically game on to defend yourself. Football boys wrote a check they couldn’t cash.

I’ll gladly contribute to a defense fund for those mma dudes.

I don’t condone fighting, but it happens when there is booze involved. As I posted previously, it should be mutual combat and no charges for anyone.

Its a tall tale then. I don't believe you. 125 pounders are only 125 pounds the day of a match. You tell tall tales.
There is a reason there are weight classes. A 125 pounder with all the skill in the world would have trouble with a below average but strong 185 pounder. I wrestled only 1 year in high school at 189 and the 125 pounders (I could toss them like rag dolls), heck even the 140 pounders and below that had wrestled for years I could beat just knowing basic moves. Not because I was a badass, but because the weight and strength to that degree makes a significant difference for the most part. Sure some world class college wrestler at 125 may have been able to take me, but just someone that said they wrestled and was 125 would have problems with someone at 180+.

This is quite likely the scenario.

Billy Jack once said "sometimes the only way to get out of taking a terrible beating it to make sure you get in the first punch."

Reactions: drew_hawk
MMA Guy could easily argue that he felt threatened and the exit was blocked.

Tough to make that argument when the exit is behind them and they are blocking the exit. From right to left in the video is the door (off screen), MMA guys, Ball holder and Buddy in front of the sink and mirror, urinals, and then enclosed full toilet at the back of the restroom. The standard layout for every men's room.

i keep hearing it over and over that the exit was blocked for MMA guys when that is not the case, they were in front of the exit and could have walked away.

Tough to make that argument when the exit is behind them and they are blocking the exit. From right to left in the video is the door (off screen), MMA guys, Ball holder and Buddy in front of the sink and mirror, urinals, and then enclosed full toilet at the back of the restroom. The standard layout for every men's room.

i keep hearing it over and over that the exit was blocked for MMA guys when that is not the case, they were in front of the exit and could have walked away.

Thought exit is behind football guys. Regardless. Football dude (his friend) shoved him, and that’s assault.

Reactions: Finance85
Thought exit is behind football guys. Regardless. Football dude (his friend) shoved him, and that’s assault.
No, the pissers and sh*tters are behind them.

That shove doesn't rise to the level of assault, sorry. Besides, I've already posted the Oklahoma statutes on Assault & Battery and Self-Defense. The shove doesn't rise to the level of Assault but the response by MMA guys meets the standard for Aggravated Assault & Battery.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT