ADVERTISEMENT

Oklahoma football player Spencer Jones gets his ass beat in

No, the pissers and sh*tters are behind them.

That shove doesn't rise to the level of assault, sorry. Besides, I've already posted the Oklahoma statutes on Assault & Battery and Self-Defense. The shove doesn't rise to the level of Assault but the response by MMA guys meets the standard for Aggravated Assault & Battery.

Shoving IS assault. But since OU boys most likely have more $$, mma boys will get screwed.

I would (in my prior life) have done the same as the mma guys. Touch me, and I’m throwing.

Seems you’ve never been in that situation before.

Now I really don't believe it. If it was Ed Horton that would have been the Royce Alger, Rico Chiparelli, Marty Kistler, Brad Penrith, and Kevin Dresser, and Duane GoldMan Years. I don't see Ed Horton intimidating Alger, GOldman, and Kisler. If it was off season Goldman (who was National Champ) weighed around 215. I knew Alger..he was batshit crazy...no way he'd back down. I don't believe the story. The Iowa wrestlers, especially in those years, were quite trouble. I'm not saying Ed Horton wouldn't hold his own. But I am convinced those wrestlers in that time period would never back down. Goldman would have Horton in an arm-bar in about 15 seconds. Not buying it.

Alger wasn't there when the fight started...he showed up as some of the lower weight guys were getting tuned up by Horton and others. Everything came to a stop as people were watching Horton and Royce and waiting to see if they would go at it...neither guy was going to back down, but neither guy was eager to go at it with the other one, so after words and threats were exchanged everyone kinda went their own way.

No, the pissers and sh*tters are behind them.

That shove doesn't rise to the level of assault, sorry. Besides, I've already posted the Oklahoma statutes on Assault & Battery and Self-Defense. The shove doesn't rise to the level of Assault but the response by MMA guys meets the standard for Aggravated Assault & Battery.

Here's a different opinion, from an attorney. You left out the statutes on self defense.

Assault
Under Oklahoma law, a person who threatens or attempts to cause physical harm to another person is guilty of assault. (Okla. Stat. Ann. Tit. 21, §641.) Threatening words are not enough to constitute an assault. The offender also must take some menacing action such as drawing a fist or charging toward the victim.

Battery
A battery is the intentional use of force against another person, which causes harm or offense to the victim. Striking a person with a fist and spitting on another both are acts that constitute battery. (Okla. Stat. Ann. Tit. 21, §642.)

Affirmative Defenses for Criminal Assault and Battery in Oklahoma
The Oklahoma Legislature has allowed for the use of what is known as lawful force in the following circumstances:

1. When necessarily committed by a public officer in the performance of any legal duty, or by any other person assisting such officer or acting by such officer's direction;
  2. When necessarily committed by any person in arresting one who has committed any felony, and delivering such person to a public officer competent to receive such person in custody;
  3. When committed either by the person about to be injured, or by any other person in such person's aid or defense, in preventing or attempting to prevent an offense against such person, or any trespass or other unlawful interference with real or personal property in such person's lawful possession; provided the force or violence used is not more than sufficient to prevent such offense;
  4. When committed by a parent or the authorized agent of any parent, or by any guardian, master or teacher, in the exercise of a lawful authority to restrain or correct such person's child, ward, apprentice or scholar, provided restraint or correction has been rendered necessary by the misconduct of such child, ward, apprentice or scholar, or by such person's refusal to obey the lawful command of such parent or authorized agent or guardian, master or teacher, and the force or violence used is reasonable in manner and moderate in degree;
  5. When committed by a carrier of passengers, or the authorized agents or servants of such carrier, or by any person assisting them at their request, in expelling from any carriage, railroad car, vessel or other vehicle, any passenger who refuses to obey a lawful and reasonable regulation prescribed for the conduct of passengers, if such vehicle has first been stopped and the force and violence used is not more than is sufficient to expel the offending passenger, with a reasonable regard to such passenger's personal safety; and
  6. When committed by any person in preventing a person who is impaired by reason of mental retardation or developmental disability as defined by Section 1430.2 of Title 10 of the Oklahoma Statutes, a mentally ill person, insane person or other person of unsound mind, including persons temporarily or partially deprived of reason, from committing an act dangerous to such person's self or to another, or enforcing such restraint as is necessary for the protection of the person or for restoration to health, during such period only as shall be necessary to obtain legal authority for the restraint or custody of the person.

Shoving IS assault. But since OU boys most likely have more $$, mma boys will get screwed.

I would (in my prior life) have done the same as the mma guys. Touch me, and I’m throwing.

Seems you’ve never been in that situation before.
Uhh, yeah. I've been in fights before.

You're right, the shove is Assault. It doesn't rise to the level of Battery as it didn't cause bodily harm. I stand corrected.

Reactions: TarponSpringsNole
Here's a different opinion, from an attorney. You left out the statutes on self defense.

Assault
Under Oklahoma law, a person who threatens or attempts to cause physical harm to another person is guilty of assault. (Okla. Stat. Ann. Tit. 21, §641.) Threatening words are not enough to constitute an assault. The offender also must take some menacing action such as drawing a fist or charging toward the victim.

Battery
A battery is the intentional use of force against another person, which causes harm or offense to the victim. Striking a person with a fist and spitting on another both are acts that constitute battery. (Okla. Stat. Ann. Tit. 21, §642.)

The Oklahoma Legislature has allowed for the use of what is known as lawful force in the following circumstances:

1. When necessarily committed by a public officer in the performance of any legal duty, or by any other person assisting such officer or acting by such officer's direction;
  2. When necessarily committed by any person in arresting one who has committed any felony, and delivering such person to a public officer competent to receive such person in custody;
  3. When committed either by the person about to be injured, or by any other person in such person's aid or defense, in preventing or attempting to prevent an offense against such person, or any trespass or other unlawful interference with real or personal property in such person's lawful possession; provided the force or violence used is not more than sufficient to prevent such offense;
  4. When committed by a parent or the authorized agent of any parent, or by any guardian, master or teacher, in the exercise of a lawful authority to restrain or correct such person's child, ward, apprentice or scholar, provided restraint or correction has been rendered necessary by the misconduct of such child, ward, apprentice or scholar, or by such person's refusal to obey the lawful command of such parent or authorized agent or guardian, master or teacher, and the force or violence used is reasonable in manner and moderate in degree;
  5. When committed by a carrier of passengers, or the authorized agents or servants of such carrier, or by any person assisting them at their request, in expelling from any carriage, railroad car, vessel or other vehicle, any passenger who refuses to obey a lawful and reasonable regulation prescribed for the conduct of passengers, if such vehicle has first been stopped and the force and violence used is not more than is sufficient to expel the offending passenger, with a reasonable regard to such passenger's personal safety; and
  6. When committed by any person in preventing a person who is impaired by reason of mental retardation or developmental disability as defined by Section 1430.2 of Title 10 of the Oklahoma Statutes, a mentally ill person, insane person or other person of unsound mind, including persons temporarily or partially deprived of reason, from committing an act dangerous to such person's self or to another, or enforcing such restraint as is necessary for the protection of the person or for restoration to health, during such period only as shall be necessary to obtain legal authority for the restraint or custody of the person.

So to prevent jean jacket from shoving his shoulder again, it was not more than sufficient to start beating the crap out of ball holder? You think the law sees that as an appropriate response? Try to leave the streets at the door.

So to prevent jean jacket from shoving his shoulder again, it was not more than sufficient to start beating the crap out of ball holder? You think the law sees that as an appropriate response? Try to leave the streets at the door.

I assume you can read. I also assume you don't get to decide anyone's state of mind.

You could end being right about the MMA guys getting charged. OR you could be wrong. We'll see.

Assault

Battery

Ahh, yeah I posted this earlier and I did include the section on Self-Defense. Key phrase is the very last part. I even highlighted it in my post. It's on Page 7.

...provided the force or violence used is not more than sufficient to prevent such offense

Watch the video again and persuade me that the force or violence used was not more than sufficient. When they took the guys to the ground and had them in defenseless, even unconscious, positions and continued to strike them with blows to the head and face they crossed the line from self defense into Aggravated Assault & Battery.

The best part is you can't even use this defense against Ball Holder because he doesn't make any contact or threatening gestures. Before he got smoked he was pointing towards the guys hands and never once had a closed fist during the entire exchange leading up the video. Says, "Get out of here. Get the F out of her. Get out of here. Oh, what you got right there." That's the moment he eats 3-4 shots to the face before being taken to the ground, pummeled, and choked out.

What happened was not self-defense or a reasonable response. And they will get charged. Norman PD already stated charges will be coming the only question is how serious those charges will be. You shatter somebody's face there will be charges coming.

I assume you can read. I also assume you don't get to decide anyone's state of mind.

You could end being right about the MMA guys getting charged. OR you could be wrong. We'll see.

Once again, you don't seem to understand how the law works in regards to assault. The law doesn't care if the MMA bros or you felt like it was appropriate. It is clearly an extreme overreaction to what they were presented with and they will pay the consequences.

All the parties are douchebags so I don't want you confusing what I'm saying with defending the OU guys actions.

When I was at UNI from '88 to '92, lived in the dorms my first two years and the wrestlers were on my floor. They ALL liked to fight and they all had mouths. You weren't fighting just one of them either. I was happy to put one little guy on his ass just fooling around one time after he was running his mouth for about an hour. He didn't chirp quite as much after that.
Funny, shit was no different in early 2000s. Witnessed a few beatings of them on the Sharkey’s dance floor...for you guessed it running, their mouths.

Reactions: jasonrann
Ahh, yeah I posted this earlier and I did include the section on Self-Defense. Key phrase is the very last part. I even highlighted it in my post. It's on Page 7.

...provided the force or violence used is not more than sufficient to prevent such offense

Watch the video again and persuade me that the force or violence used was not more than sufficient. When they took the guys to the ground and had them in defenseless, even unconscious, positions and continued to strike them with blows to the head and face they crossed the line from self defense into Aggravated Assault & Battery.

The best part is you can't even use this defense against Ball Holder because he doesn't make any contact or threatening gestures. Before he got smoked he was pointing towards the guys hands and never once had a closed fist during the entire exchange leading up the video. Says, "Get out of here. Get the F out of her. Get out of here. Oh, what you got right there." That's the moment he eats 3-4 shots to the face before being taken to the ground, pummeled, and choked out.

What happened was not self-defense or a reasonable response. And they will get charged. Norman PD already stated charges will be coming the only question is how serious those charges will be. You shatter somebody's face there will be charges coming.
That last part is not what you are interpreting. It means fists against fists, or deadly weapons against deadly weapons.

There was obviously a confrontation before this video. As the commentator says, “He got his nose bloody, but he coming back bro!”

LOL at those calling this a vicious beat down. That curly haired kid actually did look like he was using restraint IMO.

The commentator in this video sucks, but he definitely caught an important point here, and that is cowboy boots asking beanie "which one do you want?" before the push and ensuing scuffle occur

Reactions: Tenacious E
Alger wasn't there when the fight started...he showed up as some of the lower weight guys were getting tuned up by Horton and others. Everything came to a stop as people were watching Horton and Royce and waiting to see if they would go at it...neither guy was going to back down, but neither guy was eager to go at it with the other one, so after words and threats were exchanged everyone kinda went their own way.
I'm supposed to believe a world silver medalist wouldn't break Ed Hortons arm in 15 seconds. Ok if that is what you want to believe. Theres no way Goldman was there. Weight wise he wasn't that much smaller than Horton. He would have broke Hortons appendages like sticks.

• Haha
Reactions: beanerhawk
I'm supposed to believe a world silver medalist wouldn't break Ed Hortons arm in 15 seconds. Ok if that is what you want to believe. Theres no way Goldman was there. Weight wise he wasn't that much smaller than Horton. He would have broke Hortons appendages like sticks.
I wasn’t there but all of the hearsay I have heard over the years is that the basketball players were wiping the floor with them, led by Ed Horton.

This is pretty much the story I heard from one of the participants over driveway beers at a buddy's house several years ago. Next door neighbor to him. Asked him how did and just laughed said he's 6'8 no one got near him, did a lot of boxing out and with arms extended. Said no one was taking Horton's fat a$$ down.

Presidental elections, a riot at the capitol, sorts coming and going, world wide paedmic.

Nope its a random bar fight video thread that goes 10 pages

Probably because the discussion has pretty much been kept in this one thread unlike all the board retards starting a new thread every time they see a Tweet on a political topic.

OK guys your the second one that posted it. The main threads for those things the first time tehy happened didn't go 10 pages. And they were jsut some random things I thought of in the last year to chuckle that what gotta HROT motor going was a drunken bar fight.

Kobe Bryant death, garza comign back, white or blue dress, trad's trip to the Carolina hilton. There's there is some more with no political connection whatsoever. Happy?

Maybe dial down the serious a bit.

Politics dude. Politics.
tired.jpg

Oh were you asking just about me? Cuz it seemed kinda like you were talking about the whole board. I could be mistaken though. SMH.

You know you don’t have to reply just for the sake of it.

The real difference to notice is what is being posted here regarding this subject and what is being posted in the wrestling forum. looks like the wrestling forum folks think the guy deserved the ass beating.

Every story I've heard is that it wasn't much of a fight, the bball team took care of business and yes the reach played a role.

I heard the opposite. Have you seen Acie Earl run? Smaller, quick dudes duck under reach and can bring people down.

Presidental elections, a riot at the capitol, sorts coming and going, world wide paedmic.

Nope its a random bar fight video thread that goes 10 pages

2020 Presidential election thread was 40 pages long.

2016 Presidential election thread (started by you) was 17 pages.

This reminds me of my freshmen year 94-95. Some guy got hazed and drank himself to death in the frats so they shut down fraternity drinking. That meant the only way frats could have parties is to rent out parts of bars. The Airliner, One-Eyed Jakes, Vitos, etc. would all have the upstairs be private parties. I was at Vitos one night and some guy backed into me totally drunk when I was standing stationary. He was turning around. His extended arm hit my beer causing him to drop his beer because he was drunk, and half by beer ran down his back/arm. Even though it was his fault I said, "Hey man mistakes happen. I'm sorry about that. Let me get you a round." He didn't see me and I didn't see him to move out of the way. The guy turns and goes apeshit. He started going crazy saying I ran into him. I said, "I've been standing here the whole time but let me buy you a beer. The night is young." The guy says he's going to kick my ass. He's about 5'7" and I'm 6'0" but have about 30 lbs on him. I'm not lookng for trouble and I can hold my own but this wasn't going a good direction. I quickly realize he's got his frat buddies with him who want to throw down and it's not going to go well for me. Luckily my friend shows up who was an Iowa offensive lineman. Despite the numbers, nobody wanted to mess with with 6'4" black dude from the football team. He was a man among boys.

Reactions: Eternal Return
Jean coat boy probably did that if it was from those boys. So that makes it ok for MMA douche to hit the friend of his potential assailant? Use your smooth brain once in awhile

Probably.

Thank you for admitting you were wrong. I accept your defeat.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT