ADVERTISEMENT

*** Omnibus NCAA Tournament games thread ***

No, and either do the refs!

I hate this tournament schedule, giving fans one game at a time Saturday afternoon and then grouping a bunch of them in the evening. There ought to be a number of games on that I can ignore!

And look who's getting those exclusive time slots. I'm surprised tomorrow's Duke-Michigan State game isn't a stand-alone game. Although I do see it's on CBS.

Yeah, CBS and the NCAA are more than willing to ignore the investigation that supposedly is still ongoing regarding Kansas and Self. The school is facing five Level I allegations—the most severe the NCAA can hand down—related to men’s basketball. Among them are a lack of institutional control charge and a lack of head coach control charge that is aimed directly at Self. So, Kansas responded by giving Self a lifetime contract.

Of course, no discouraging words are allowed by the tournament commentators.

Reactions: Mohawkeye
I hate this kind of ball. It just reminds me that our ( even when were playing well ) brand of ball will never beat this NC / Baylor brand of shitball, grab, hold, push, foul, foul again till the ref have to call something. This isn't basketball, **** this crap. Everyone gonna have CRT from this kind of game...
Been trying to say that in several threads. BB is a full contact sport now.
Shame full.

Looks like a "normal" amount of fouls being called in the Kansas-Creighton. I think part of that is the narrow margin for error Creighton has. They only have 6 players to work with.

Even though Kentucky is out of it, Sweet 16 starting to have a blue blood look to it. If Duke wins tomorrow, 3 of the top 4 winningest programs in history will have advanced.

Providence has already made 6 3's at the halfway point of the 1st half.

Edit: now they have 7 3's.

Now you're seeing the kind of team Iowa failed to show up against. As for Providence, Creighton put a 31-2 run on them about 10 days ago on the way to a 30-point win. No way in the world Iowa should not have beaten both Richmond and Providence with relative ease. None. But lack of energy, poor defense, and poor shooting will get anyone beat (and yes, pathetic officiating, which is now the norm throughout college basketball, as this NCAA event demonstrates).

Now you're seeing the kind of team Iowa failed to show up against. As for Providence, Creighton put a 31-2 run on them about 10 days ago on the way to a 30-point win. No way in the world Iowa should not have beaten both Richmond and Providence with relative ease. None. But lack of energy, poor defense, and poor shooting will get anyone beat (and yes, pathetic officiating, which is now the norm throughout college basketball, as this NCAA event demonstrates).
Lol

• Haha
Reactions: TRHawkeye145
LOL at Providence being up 15 at the half. That was as easy to predict as the sun coming up this morning. A team that got emasculated by Creighton just about a week ago is handling Richmond with ease. LOL. I hope Fran is proud of this thing he's built over the past 12 years. Maybe someday they'll be as good as the Iowa St 1-year rebuild off a 2-win season. LOL.

Reactions: TRHawkeye145
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT