ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Nebraska’s OC Is Out

But better than a never was...right? Also, I’m not sure what that has to do with you proclaiming(falsely) that Nebraska didn’t beat out Miami/FSU for recruits.
Quit looking in the rear view mirror and start looking ahead. The middle of Nebraska is bleak and in the absolute middle of nowhere, which is where your football program is headed.

You have no idea what you’re talking about. Again, Nebraska landed multiple 4 stars that were highly coveted by Florida St and Miami. Hell, on one of the recruits Miami was pleading with a recruit and trying to negatively recruit Nebraska minutes before he signed. And they were in their backyard. I don’t expect you to know the background of Nebraska’s recruits but I enjoy you trying to act like you do.

You just keep bringing in the 4*s you want that nobody will ever hear about (unless they read the police blotter); no one can touch Neb in this category. Iowa will settle for the 2* and 3*s that go on to be all-B1G, national award winners and NFL draft choices, not to mention put together 9-10 win seasons and beat Nebraska every year.

You have no idea what you’re talking about. Again, Nebraska landed multiple 4 stars that were highly coveted by Florida St and Miami. Hell, on one of the recruits Miami was pleading with a recruit and trying to negatively recruit Nebraska minutes before he signed. And they were in their backyard. I don’t expect you to know the background of Nebraska’s recruits but I enjoy you trying to act like you do.
The Florida State and Miami that finishes 6-7 this year?

You just keep bringing in the 4*s you want that nobody will ever hear about (unless they read the police blotter); no one can touch Neb in this category. Iowa will settle for the 2* and 3*s that go on to be all-B1G, national award winners and NFL draft choices, not to mention put together 9-10 win seasons and beat Nebraska every year.

If Iowa is okay with continuing to settle for 2 and 3 stars they will continue to stay on the trajectory of winning 1 division title every decade. If Nebraska fails to develop talent they will stay on the trajectory of winning a division title every decade.

Quit looking in the rear view mirror and start looking ahead. The middle of Nebraska is bleak and in the absolute middle of nowhere, which is where your football program is headed.

You brought up the past. Also LOL at bashing the state of Nebraska when you reside in Iowa.

If Iowa is okay with continuing to settle for 2 and 3 stars they will continue to stay on the trajectory of winning 1 division title every decade. If Nebraska fails to develop talent they will stay on the trajectory of winning a division title every decade.
Winning 4-5 games while Iowa wins 9-10.

Reactions: WestIAHawk

Yeah, if I were you I'd hold tight to that argument, also. Winning 1 division title since 2011 is about the only thing Neb and Iowa have in common. Iowa has been superior in pretty much every other aspect of the sport for the better part of 20 years. But cool South Florida recruits.

Yeah, if I were you I'd hold tight to that argument, also. Winning 1 division title since 2011 is about the only thing Neb and Iowa have in common. Iowa has been superior in pretty much every other aspect of the sport for the better part of 20 years. But cool South Florida recruits.

And it’s got you 1 division title in nearly ten years. Again, keep bringing in truck loads of 2 and 3 stars and you will have to keep enjoying second/third place finishes in the West. I at the very least can admit Nebraska needs to start to develop the talent brought in.

Reactions: ZJSARENOTFREE
You brought up the past. Also LOL at bashing the state of Nebraska when you reside in Iowa.
Have you ever been outside of the State of Nebraska?

And it’s got you 1 division title in nearly ten years. Again, keep bringing in truck loads of 2 and 3 stars and you will have to keep enjoying second/third place finishes in the West. I at the very least can admit Nebraska needs to start to develop the talent brought in.
LOL, you are pathetic! You have had how many years to develop that talent? I saw nothing this year.

New OC coming in? How many of those vaunted 4stars are going to hit the transfer portal with that as an excuse?

Please, keep responding. Trying to make it sound like Iowa's program is as low as Nebraska's only confirms what a jealous shrew you are. Also, knowing that you're too stupid to know how stupid you are, brings me great amusement. Thank you.

One program just won 10 games, the other is Nebraska. One is competitive for the division title, the other is Nebraska, one team consistently out recruits the other and has losing records and is named Nebraska. It really is too easy, keep tossing out your stuff.

Have you ever been outside of the State of Nebraska?

LOL, you are pathetic! You have had how many years to develop that talent? I saw nothing this year.

New OC coming in? How many of those vaunted 4stars are going to hit the transfer portal with that as an excuse?

I have no idea what any of this means. You are all over the board. Yes, I have been outside the state of Nebraska. I’m not going to confuse it with San Diego. But to act like Iowa is somehow far superior is laughable.

Also, I have no idea why any recruit would transfer with a new OC coming in. I’ve already told you that part of the reason Walters was let go was because he wasn’t recruiting much. Also, everybody knows Frost calls the plays.

Please, keep responding. Trying to make it sound like Iowa's program is as low as Nebraska's only confirms what a jealous shrew you are. Also, knowing that you're too stupid to know how stupid you are, brings me great amusement. Thank you.

Reading comprehension is your friend. Feel free to take Nebraska out of the equation. I fully admit Iowa has been better than Nebraska since they fired Pelini. And I fully stand behind my saying that if you are okay with a bulk of 2* and 3* then I hope you also enjoy winning the division once every decade.

I have no idea what any of this means. You are all over the board. Yes, I have been outside the state of Nebraska. I’m not going to confuse it with San Diego. But to act like Iowa is somehow far superior is laughable.

Also, I have no idea why any recruit would transfer with a new OC coming in. I’ve already told you that part of the reason Walters was let go was because he wasn’t recruiting much. Also, everybody knows Frost calls the plays.
Clearly you have been outside of Nebraska any further than Council Bluffs, that is not representative of Iowa. How you can even begin to compare the two states is even laughable. Nebraska compares to Oklahoma, Kansas, North Dakota, South Dakota and maybe Wyoming. Certainly not Iowa, not even close. (BTW, I apologize to the aforementioned States for the comparison, my intent was not to insult, your people are much smarter and kinder than the inbred Nebraskans).

A new OC has his own scheme and favorites. People leave teams all the time because of new OC's coming in. Also, players who are disenchanted with that Shit Hole that is Lincoln can apply to the NCAA to leave without losing eligibility or sitting out for a year.

Last edited:

The old OC not recruiting is on Frost. Also, why does it matter who the OC is if Frost calls the plays.

The old OC not recruiting is on Frost. Also, why does it matter who the OC is if Frost calls the plays.

According to the great Frosty himself, he runs everything. ISM had the KO return against Nebraska because Frost was busy going over the offense and didn't tell the KO team to not kick it to ISM, other than the fact that came right after Stanley threw the pick six.

The Hawks don’t get a whole lot of two stars anymore, but I agree with your post. They get guys that fit their culture and systems which is a better thing than just a bunch of random 4 stars that half of them don’t get along or cause problems in the locker room.

Reactions: BBHawk
I haven't read any of the posts above but isn't their DEFENSE the biggest problem? Seems like NE could score points.

Clearly you have been outside of Nebraska any further than Council Bluffs, that is not representative of Iowa. How you can even begin to compare the two states is even laughable. Nebraska compares to Oklahoma, Kansas, North Dakota, South Dakota and maybe Wyoming. Certainly not Iowa, not even close. (BTW, I apologize to the aforementioned States for the comparison, my intent was not to insult, your people are much smarter and kinder than the inbred Nebraskans).

A new OC has his own scheme and favorites. People leave teams all the time because of new OC's coming in. Also, players who are disenchanted with that Shit Hole that is Lincoln can apply to the NCAA to leave without losing eligibility or sitting out for a year.

I’ve driven thru Iowa multiple times on my way to Chicago. I can tell you that while driving it never once crossed my mind that Iowa is some golden piece of land way better than its surrounding states.

The OC Nebraska landed worked with Frost at Oregon. Safe to say he’s not going to have a totally different scheme. Especially considering....and I repeat, Frost is still the play caller.

Reading comprehension is your friend. Feel free to take Nebraska out of the equation. I fully admit Iowa has been better than Nebraska since they fired Pelini. And I fully stand behind my saying that if you are okay with a bulk of 2* and 3* then I hope you also enjoy winning the division once every decade.
Hawks don’t get many two stars anymore. Also have been getting more mid to high 3 stars compared to a few years ago. Hawks recruiting is trending up and with the way this staff develops players I see the Hawks winning a lot of games in the near future.

I would agree. That’s why he canned him...no? It would still matter who the OC is. They still help game plan. He will still be responsible for the WR group. And lastly, he is the eye in the sky during game days. I don’t think Walters was canned due to the offense. He was canned because the WR group was a disappointment and as I said, he was behind his peers in recruiting.

I would agree. That’s why he canned him...no? It would still matter who the OC is. They still help game plan. He will still be responsible for the WR group. And lastly, he is the eye in the sky during game days. I don’t think Walters was canned due to the offense. He was canned because the WR group was a disappointment and as I said, he was behind his peers in recruiting.
Your replacement OC loves the game so much he stepped away and had to be convinced to come back to coaching by Frost. Clearly his pipeline is full and he has great rapport set up with many kids! Must have tons of unbridled passion for the game!

I’ve driven thru Iowa multiple times on my way to Chicago. I can tell you that while driving it never once crossed my mind that Iowa is some golden piece of land way better than its surrounding states.
This explains it! You need to shut up now.

This explains it! You need to shut up now.

I live in Omaha. I couldn’t give two shits about small town Iowa or Nebraska. I will never live in either one. But if you want to say the wasteland of Iowa is better than Nebraska by all means go for it. I’ve driven thru both and will continue to laugh at you.

Your replacement OC loves the game so much he stepped away and had to be convinced to come back to coaching by Frost. Clearly his pipeline is full and he has great rapport set up with many kids! Must have tons of unbridled passion for the game!

Not surprisingly based on your other posts in this thread. But you have not done much research on Lubick. He was known as Duke’s top recruiter and Oregon’s top recruiter. I don’t think he’s going to have much issue creating a pipeline. The Lubick name is pretty well known in football.

The OC Nebraska landed worked with Frost at Oregon. Safe to say he’s not going to have a totally different scheme. Especially considering....and I repeat, Frost is still the play caller.
Land values would suggest it is a golden piece of land comparatively, but I digress.

The zinger of 1 in 9 years isn't the zinger you want it to be. Iowa was also one play away in '16, '18, '19. Iowa was better than Solich, Callahan, and equal to Pelini eras. Now, they are just simply twice as good.

Last edited:
I live in Omaha. I couldn’t give two shits about small town Iowa or Nebraska. I will never live in either one. But if you want to say the wasteland of Iowa is better than Nebraska by all means go for it. I’ve driven thru both and will continue to laugh at you.
Not sure why I’m chining in on the nature of the states but if you check out Iowa Road Trip on Facebook there are actually a lot of beautiful parks and trails in Iowa. I didn’t realize there were so much cool nature in Iowa until this last year when I found that page. Nebraska might have some cool stuff too but have never seen anything about it. I just know driving to Colorado once you get past Lincoln it’s a long boring drive to the Bordrer and a couple hours past.

The zinger of 1 in 9 years isn't the zinger you want it to be. Iowa was also one play away in '16, '18, '19. Also, Iowa was better than Solich, Callahan, and equal to Pelini eras. Now, they are just simply twice as good.

Iowa was better than the Solich era when he played in a national title and beat Iowa twice...convincingly? Drinking early this morning? Solich won 75% of his games over six years. I’m not sure Iowa has ever had a stretch like that in its history.

Also, Iowa was 3 games back from first in 2018. How does one play erase that? In 2016 Nebraska was also one play away. And by your definition Iowa was one play from finishing 6-7 this year. Big whoop. Every team has excuses.

Last edited:
Iowa was better than the Solich era when he played in a national title and beat Iowa twice...convincingly? Drinking early this morning?

Also, Iowa was 3 games back from first in 2018. How does one play erase that? In 2016 Nebraska was also one play away. And by your definition Iowa was one play from finishing 6-7 this year. Big whoop. Every team has excuses.

You're dense if you think Iowa wasn't much closer than anything Nebraska has spewed. Ok, so you're conceding Nebraska's product wasn't anything close to Iowa's & that the better team won the past two years, correct. There are anomalies in sports. Just like two rival's in the ACC playing a tight 21-20 game and the better team prevailing ( Clemson/UNC). Sorry, but trying to drag Iowa down to make you feel better about unL simply isn't working.

Solich played off Osborne, and tanked, with 58 wins in six seasons.

KF took an empty cupboard, then amassed 50 wins in those same 6.

You can have that by a nudge.

I counted 35 wins for Iowa from 98-2003. So you were only 15 wins off in your calculation.

You're dense if you think Iowa wasn't much closer than anything Nebraska has spewed. Ok, so you're conceding Nebraska's product wasn't anything close to Iowa's & that the better team won the past two years, correct. There are anomalies in sports. Just like two rival's in the ACC playing a tight 21-20 game and the better team prevailing ( Clemson/UNC). Sorry, but trying to drag Iowa down to make you feel better about unL simply isn't working.

I’m not trying to make myself feel better about Nebraska. They have sucked badly for the past 5 years. I have admitted multiple times on here that this staff will need to prove they can develop the highly ranked classes they are bringing in.

On the flip side, Iowa fans can’t seem to grasp that with better recruiting classes and continuing to develop at the same clip they would have fared far better in the West division over the last 9 years and in to the future.

I’m not trying to make myself feel better about Nebraska. They have sucked badly for the past 5 years. I have admitted multiple times on here that this staff will need to prove they can develop the highly ranked classes they are bringing in.

On the flip side, Iowa fans can’t seem to grasp that with better recruiting classes and continuing to develop at the same clip they would have fared far better in the West division over the last 9 years and in to the future.

Do you preach on the Wisconsin board to the same tune? After all, they have won the division more with equal rated recruits as to Iowa's. Fact. Your argument doesn't add up, as you're here solely to throw shade at Iowa.

Trust me when I say it doesn't sting anyone in here, especially the team it's coming from.

I’ve driven thru Iowa multiple times on my way to Chicago. I can tell you that while driving it never once crossed my mind that Iowa is some golden piece of land way better than its surrounding states...
I have driven through NE twice and will never do so again. Iowa is far more interesting than NE could ever be.

Better program the past 20 years remains true.

KF won two conference championships, Solich one.

I won’t dispute that. I would not be writing home about Nebraska’s last 20 years even though Nebraska has won more games compared to Iowa in that time span.

I won’t dispute that. I would not be writing home about Nebraska’s last 20 years even though Nebraska has won more games compared to Iowa in that time span.

By two? With front loaded years? Yeah, you'll agree Iowa has far more to show for the past twenty.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT