ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Nebraska’s OC Is Out

I live in Omaha. I couldn’t give two shits about small town Iowa or Nebraska. I will never live in either one. But if you want to say the wasteland of Iowa is better than Nebraska by all means go for it. I’ve driven thru both and will continue to laugh at you.

Wow, you are a major prick.

KCRoyals getting out his VHS tape player as we speak. The good times

If you haven’t noticed, I’m not the one who continues to bring up the past. I just got everyone all riled up because I have the balls to suggest that Iowa can do better than winning 1 division title every ten years.

Wow, you are a major prick.

Maybe. I’m a city slicker so if Iowa wants to brag about who has better farm land or what not go for it. I’ll drive by and waive in each state. I can tell you I would prefer the sand hills of Nebraska over anything I have seen in the country when driving thru Iowa.

I’m not trying to make myself feel better about Nebraska. They have sucked badly for the past 5 years. I have admitted multiple times on here that this staff will need to prove they can develop the highly ranked classes they are bringing in.

On the flip side, Iowa fans can’t seem to grasp that with better recruiting classes and continuing to develop at the same clip they would have fared far better in the West division over the last 9 years and in to the future.

What you cannot seem to grasp is the fact that Iowa tried to bring in big star rated, highly recruited players, during about that same time we ran into that shitty few years in the Ferentz era. Head cases, thugs and thieves caused chaos in the dorms and in the locker room. They jumped to other schools after giving their verbal, or left or were kicked off the team or could not get by the NCAA clearinghouse. It left big gaps in our skill set. You must recruit on character, not star ratings. We turned a blind eye to players short comings and paid a price. Ferentz re-built almost his entire staff (which is almost never successful and is a testament to his being able to run a program) and turned it around. Frost is not going to have that luxury. Nebraska is ****ed, you just do not know it yet. You cannot be fully vetting all those 300 plus players Nebraska shotgunning offers out to. When you throw shit against the wall to see what sticks, you end up with shit. You are one rape, one credit card theft, one battery from the team not being able to bounce back, as Frost is out of time and on the hot seat.

Last edited:
Reactions: iahawkeyes17
People celebrated that Frost brought his entire staff with him, 'that's how much he is loved' 'what loyalty' 'taking the B1G back over like we should' .....and they won the off season again, now those coaches that were heralded and were picked by Frost can't recruit, can't get the job done, the reason why they can't develop players, must go as they are a drag on Frosts greatness. Now they are resetting again and it is these coaches who will actually make things work.

Maybe. I’m a city slicker so if Iowa wants to brag about who has better farm land or what not go for it. I’ll drive by and waive in each state. I can tell you I would prefer the sand hills of Nebraska over anything I have seen in the country when driving thru Iowa.

Bragging about being a big-city OMAHA dude might be funnier than everything else you've posted, and that's saying something.

The corrupt, pothole ridden metropolis of Omaha has me intrigued. Do go on.

Bragging about being a big-city OMAHA dude might be funnier than everything else you've posted, and that's saying something.

Where did I brag about being from Omaha? I just wouldn’t be able to live in the country. Has nothing to do with me thinking Omaha is some top notch city. Try again.

If you haven’t noticed, I’m not the one who continues to bring up the past. I just got everyone all riled up because I have the balls to suggest that Iowa can do better than winning 1 division title every ten years.

You never answered my Wisconsin question. Are you over there demanding Wisconsin be better than 6 division titles, even though they're on par with Iowa recruiting wise? Notice the common theme that Nebraska is never involved in the conversation. You're not setting anyone straight by being here, you're reminding everyone how low Nebraska is.

Where did I brag about being from Omaha? I just wouldn’t be able to live in the country. Has nothing to do with me thinking Omaha is some top notch city. Try again.
Yet you held it up like it was some shining Metropolis on the hill......glowing as a beacon of greatness. I spent lots of time in Omaha. You have lots of strip clubs though, so your wife and daughters can always find a place to work.

What you cannot seem to grasp is the fact that Iowa tried to bring in big star rated, highly recruited players, during about that same time we ran into that shitty few years in the Ferentz era. Head cases, thugs and thieves caused chaos in the dorms and in the locker room. They jumped to other schools after giving their verbal, or left or were kicked off the team or could not get by the NCAA clearinghouse. It left big gaps in our skill set. You must recruit on character, not star ratings. We turned a blind eye to players short comings and paid a price. Ferentz re-built almost his entire staff (which is almost never successful and is a testament to his being able to run a program) and turned it around. Frost is not going to have that luxury. Nebraska is ****ed, you just do not know it yet. You cannot be fully vetting all those 300 plus players Nebraska shotgunning offers out to. When you throw shit against the wall to see what sticks, you end up with shit. You are one rape, one credit card theft, one battery from the team not being able to bounce back, as Frost is out of time and on the hot seat.

Funny, other schools seem to recruit 4 and 5 stars just fine without the extra baggage. I find it funny that you believe all highly rated players are just shitty kids. Hate to say it...but there are 4 stars out there that fit the ultra strict character boxes that Ferentz needs to check.

Nebraska doesn’t need to vet 300 players. The offer is just the starting point. The fact that you think Nebraska throws out offers and doesn’t form a relationship with said recruits yet 4 stars with multiple high quality offers still end up at Nebraska is either saying Nebraska sells itself or Frost is an amazing recruiter. o_O

You never answered my Wisconsin question. Are you over there demanding Wisconsin be better than 6 division titles, even though they're on par with Iowa recruiting wise? Notice the common theme that Nebraska is never involved in the conversation. You're not setting anyone straight by being here, you're reminding everyone how low Nebraska is.

No, why would I be? Wisconsin has been the king of the West and has owned Nebraska and Iowa. If Iowa had the same success as Wisconsin I wouldn’t be saying Ferentz needs to up his game in the recruiting world.

Yet you held it up like it was some shining Metropolis on the hill......glowing as a beacon of greatness. I spent lots of time in Omaha. You have lots of strip clubs though, so your wife and daughters can always find a place to work.

I honestly cant help you with your inability to read. If my family wasn’t from Omaha I would be on a first class ticket to some place warm. It’s not a terrible city to live in. But I certainly wouldn’t brag to anybody about living in Omaha. But in your small feeble mind that’s going to read like me saying Omaha is the Taj Mahal.

No, why would I be? Wisconsin has been the king of the West and has owned Nebraska and Iowa. If Iowa had the same success as Wisconsin I wouldn’t be saying Ferentz needs to up his game in the recruiting world.

Lol, man you're a bozo. I think Wisconsin & Iowa need to upgrade recruiting because Joe Debbie fan says that should do the trick. Nebraska isn't sniffing the jock of Iowa or Wisconsin, so go converse with Illinois.

Lol, man you're a bozo. I think Wisconsin & Iowa need to upgrade recruiting because Joe Debbie fan says that should do the trick. Nebraska isn't sniffing the jock of Iowa or Wisconsin, so go converse with Illinois.

Except, I never said that about Wisconsin. Clearly what they are doing is working. If Nebraska recruited only two stars and was winning the West 80 percent of the time I wouldn’t care about them recruiting 4 stars.

I get that to you saying anything remotely negative about Saint Ferentz is sacrilegious but in my opinion if he could start to bring in more 4 stars and develop them like he does 2-3 stars he would have better luck in the division and possibly win a Big Ten title.

Funny, other schools seem to recruit 4 and 5 stars just fine without the extra baggage. I find it funny that you believe all highly rated players are just shitty kids. Hate to say it...but there are 4 stars out there that fit the ultra strict character boxes that Ferentz needs to check.

Nebraska doesn’t need to vet 300 players. The offer is just the starting point. The fact that you think Nebraska throws out offers and doesn’t form a relationship with said recruits yet 4 stars with multiple high quality offers still end up at Nebraska is either saying Nebraska sells itself or Frost is an amazing recruiter. o_O
So you’re going to offer all these kids and not know who you’re offering?

Other schools take the best from their region. The good kids with their heads on halfway straight. If NE nabs a 4 star player from Florida, I will guarantee you, thirty other programs took a pass.

Also, Nebraska, and particularly Lincoln, is on the edge of the Middle of Nowhere. Temperatures suck most of the time, and there is not much to do there but drink.

Except, I never said that about Wisconsin. Clearly what they are doing is working. If Nebraska recruited only two stars and was winning the West 80 percent of the time I wouldn’t care about them recruiting 4 stars.

I get that to you saying anything remotely negative about Saint Ferentz is sacrilegious but in my opinion if he could start to bring in more 4 stars and develop them like he does 2-3 stars he would have better luck in the division and possibly win a Big Ten title.

No. Maybe his shuffling of staff is starting to show with 47-19 the past five years. Maybe he is on the heels of Wisconsin & will break-through. That's how he will do it. Not offering 450 kids and hoping some juco 4 stars stick. Nevermind the bad eggs that have already been booted, quit, etc.

I'd say you're better off worrying about how you'll win in Kinnick next year and beyond than trying to figure out how KF is doing. You should bring these opinions to the nearest coaching position. You've clearly got this figured out.

I’m sure they have watched film. But yes, Nebraska offering is essentially the conversation starter.
So offer a kid, then get to know him, you decide you don’t like him then say sorry, we take our offer back?

No. Maybe his shuffling of staff is starting to show with 47-19 the past five years. Maybe he is on the heels of Wisconsin & will break-through. That's how he will do it. Not offering 450 kids and hoping some juco 4 stars stick. Nevermind the bad eggs that have already been booted, quit, etc.

I'd say you're better off worrying about how you'll win in Kinnick next year and beyond than trying to figure out how KF is doing. You should bring these opinions to the nearest coaching position. You've clearly got this figured out.
Have you seen their schedule next year? They might win 4 or 5 games. It is going to be brutal. Thank god they play Rutgers so they can get a Big Ten win.

Reactions: iafan44
Lol I love these Nebraska posts. Rent free everyday of the week!! The best part is you all know every single coach on this staff and I couldn't name a single coach not name Ferentz lol. You guys are TRULY Husker fans deep down. GBR!

We know who your coaches and players are because you and your slack-jawed delusional hillbilly Husker fans hang out on this board all off-season telling us how great the coaches and players will be. I wouldn’t have any idea what’s happening to Nebraska football but you and your buddies are so insecure and starved for attention that you live on another teams board. Pathetic.

Other schools take the best from their region. The good kids with their heads on halfway straight. If NE nabs a 4 star player from Florida, I will guarantee you, thirty other programs took a pass.

Also, Nebraska, and particularly Lincoln, is on the edge of the Middle of Nowhere. Temperatures suck most of the time, and there is not much to do there but drink.

And Iowa City is akin to New York City and has the weather of San Diego.

Nebraska stoke multiple commits from Miami/FSU...like kids that were actually committed to them. Miami was literally on the phone with multiple of Nebraska recruits minutes before signing. But yes, Nebraska was their only option. It’s called recruiting.

Everybody here knows the OP is a Nebraska fan.

As for the rest of your post. It doesn't surprise me that you don't know who one of the best S&C guys in the country is. Your boys in the trenches are Charmin soft, so you wouldn't know a top notch S&C guy if it hit you in the mouth.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't there some sort of movement created by your dopey fans to vote for the Georgia kicker over Duncan for the Lou Groza award? How pathetic is that? Uniting for a cause when you don't have a player involved.

Run along now, I hear the "offseason champions" committee is meeting to decide on a parade route.

I hadn't heard that one. There were a few other sites where they were trying to get Duncan to win as I think most of us believe he was a stud.

And Iowa City is akin to New York City and has the weather of San Diego.

Nebraska stoke multiple commits from Miami/FSU...like kids that were actually committed to them. Miami was literally on the phone with multiple of Nebraska recruits minutes before signing. But yes, Nebraska was their only option. It’s called recruiting.

That'd be a huge red flag considering the state of either of those two dumpster fires. Speaking of dumpster fire..

You just can’t discuss without coming back to Nebraska. My thoughts on Iowa have zilch to do with Nebraska. I’ve already conceded that Frost and company’s recruiting will be all for naught if they can’t develop the talent.

You on the other hand, will continue to have your head in the sand. Sure, Iowa may have their occasional great year like in 2014. But if they want to consistently win the division...or hell, even when it at all I think they need to recruit better. And that’s probably going to be tougher and tougher to do with a coach that will be 65 this year.

That'd be a huge red flag considering the state of either of those two dumpster fires. Speaking of dumpster fire..

No more of a red flag than beating out MAC schools for recruits. I’ll gladly compare a kid like Keyshawn Greene’s offer list to anybody Iowa signed.

You just can’t discuss without coming back to Nebraska. My thoughts on Iowa have zilch to do with Nebraska. I’ve already conceded that Frost and company’s recruiting will be all for naught if they can’t develop the talent.

You on the other hand, will continue to have your head in the sand. Sure, Iowa may have their occasional great year like in 2014. But if they want to consistently win the division...or hell, even when it at all I think they need to recruit better. And that’s probably going to be tougher and tougher to do with a coach that will be 65 this year.

Good, now that we've heard your fantastic opinions on Iowa football, we are all now better educated. I like Wisconsin's model better for winning this division.

Guess what?! They do the same damn thing Iowa does recruiting. Now that we've heard both opinions, are you done? Of course you're not done, your insecurities keep you around.

No more of a red flag than beating out MAC schools for recruits. I’ll gladly compare a kid like Keyshawn Greene’s offer list to anybody Iowa signed.

MAC level kids, that with this staff, develop into All Americans & NFL pro bowlers are far better than battling it out for Randy Gregory's, Mo Washington's, and on and on.

Nice try there, everyone knows a succession plan is in place.

Do you believe Iowa doesn’t recruit 4-5 star players who fit the mold? They do, they just don’t typically come to Iowa. It’s not for a lack of trying.

Why does Nebraska call it an offer and it’s reported as such if it’s not an offer. Why would the coaching staff think it’s a good idea for people to think they’re just throwing stuff against the wall and see what sticks. Why don’t they get to know and vet recruits before the so-called offer?

Do you believe Iowa doesn’t recruit 4-5 star players who fit the mold? They do, they just don’t typically come to Iowa. It’s not for a lack of trying.

Why does Nebraska call it an offer and it’s reported as such if it’s not an offer. Why would the coaching staff think it’s a good idea for people to think they’re just throwing stuff against the wall and see what sticks. Why don’t they get to know and vet recruits before the so-called offer?

His main point is to dig at Iowa saying more will come to Nebraska over Iowa. That's why he's here. To try the best (albeit failed) argument as to why Nebraska is better than Iowa. It's a way to mask the pain of being routinely beat by a superior program. I laugh on the side, but it's fun to play along with his banter.

On a side note, what seed do you think Iowa basketball gets this year?

Iowa ranked 32 with their 2020 class up 8 spots from the avg. from the prior 3 years (2017-2019), up 20+ spots from the 2014-2016 average and are currently ranked 9th for 2021. So they are improving with an aging coach.

His main point is to dig at Iowa saying more will come to Nebraska over Iowa. That's why he's here. To try the best (albeit failed) argument as to why Nebraska is better than Iowa. It's a way to mask the pain of being routinely beat by a superior program. I laugh on the side, but it's fun to play along with his banter.

On a side note, what seed do you think Iowa basketball gets this year?

No I don’t. Actually I think the reverse is true. I think Nebraska is just proof that Iowa could bring in more highly rated kids. Has nothing to do with Nebraska being better or worse than Iowa.

You don’t want to do that. Greene has offers from Nebraska, Florida, FSU, Georgia Tech, Louisville, Miami, Tennessee, UCF

Elija Yelverton- Arizona State, Arkansas, Auburn, Baylor, Boston College, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Grambling State, Houston, Indiana, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, LSU, Louisville, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Mississippi, Michigan, Michigan State, Nebraska, North Texas, Oklahoma State, Oregon, Penn State, Purdue, Rutgers, SMU, TCU, Texas Tech, Toledo,UCF, Utah, Vanderbilt

Deonte Craig- Ball State, Cincinnati, Georgia Tech, Indiana, Indiana State, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, North Carolina, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Purdue, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Washington State

Last edited:
Reactions: NITE HAWK6
No I don’t. Actually I think the reverse is true. I think Nebraska is just proof that Iowa could bring in more highly rated kids. Has nothing to do with Nebraska being better or worse than Iowa.

Well that's very generous of you to think of Iowa so highly in that regard. We've come full circle.

Now can I ask how much further ahead do you think Iowa really is than Nebraska? I want your opinion.

Well that's very generous of you to think of Iowa so highly in that regard. We've come full circle.

Now can I ask how much further ahead do you think Iowa really is than Nebraska? I want your opinion.

On the football field? I mean the last two years the game came down to the final second. So I wouldn’t say worlds apart. Iowa is consistent and part of that is Ferentz being around decades. Nebraska is not right now.

I have no idea if that will change in year 3 of Frost but I’d like to think Nebraska will start to catch up to the division as more players that fit both the offensive and defensive get playing time.

On the football field? I mean the last two years the game came down to the final second. So I wouldn’t say worlds apart. Iowa is consistent and part of that is Ferentz being around decades. Nebraska is not right now.

I have no idea if that will change in year 3 of Frost but I’d like to think Nebraska will start to catch up to the division as more players that fit both the offensive and defensive get playing time.

Bait taken. Iowa is substantially ahead by double the win total each of the past three years. Remember, no excuses. If they did pull off the upset, its an anomaly & the better program, did not win the game.

Is UNC on par with Clemson since it went down to the wire in a rivalry matchup? You know the answer. Clemson won 21-20 late.
Iowa won 27-24 in Lincoln, in a rivalry game.

You are what your record says you are. You even scolded me for saying Iowa was on the doorstep several times for division titles, but since you're the officiator here.

What other interesting topics on your mind on this cold January day? With virtually nothing to look forward to regarding your collegiate fandom?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT