ADVERTISEMENT

Pat…

Not saying this directly about PM as none of us here really know. The Iowa Barnstormer abuse will have a major impact on young people involved in that.

Patrick is at best a bench player....used sparingly. Poor rebounder, Poor defender, not quick, average at best 3 point shooter. He did look promising a couple of years ago, but that ship has sailed.

The fact that Fran seems intent on pretending he is a team leader and vital starter stresses the bad side of Iowa Nepotism once again.

The team chemistry is better without him. Let the kid retire Fran.

Patrick is at best a bench player....used sparingly. Poor rebounder, Poor defender, not quick, average at best 3 point shooter. He did look promising a couple of years ago, but that ship has sailed.

The fact that Fran seems intent on pretending he is a team leader and vital starter stresses the bad side of Iowa Nepotism once again.

The team chemistry is better without him. Let the kid retire Fran.
Mom is pulling the strings, not dad. Can you imagine what it would be like at home for Fran if PM didn't start and play big minutes?

Renovate Channel 9 GIF by The Block

Reactions: intrepodor
Knowing a little bit about anxiety and depression. I'm sure Patrick is extremely hard on himself. That's a terrible place to be.
His mental health concerns could be exacerbated by winter. It’s not uncommon.

Regardless, no one on this board has a clue what is going on and honestly people just need to STFU. Not directed at you.

Patrick hurt his ankle late in the game. Fran said he was in the trainer's room after the game.

I was previously agreeing that he should not play much. But he actually played his last 2 games pretty well. >10 pts and I think a few rebounds, maybe a couple of steals. That would be a good addition if he could keep that up.

He also isn't very physical.
Watch PMac let Rice go in for layup, choosing to let a smaller player go right at rim, although the same size, OMac has the angle, and lets Rice go in for uncontested layup, which is exemplary of how soft PMac is, foul adverse, defense adverse, and a reason why the IOWA ’defense’ will always be subpar with him on the court.

Watch PMac let Rice go in for layup, choosing to let a smaller player go right at rim, although the same size, OMac has the angle, and lets Rice go in for uncontested layup, which is exemplary of how soft PMac is, foul adverse, defense adverse, and a reason why the IOWA ’defense’ will always be subpar with him on the court.
Saw this at the time, somehow, worked out for us.

• Wow
Reactions: KcTo
Much more energy last nite. When he can get rebounds and play with a higher level of enthusiasm, he can be an asset. Just too many nites when he doesn't bring it and he needs to sit
The real problem is that he's effectively playing the 2 guard spot and he's not a guard with Krikke and Sandfort at the 3/4. That lineup makes very little sense.

The real problem is that he's effectively playing the 2 guard spot and he's not a guard with Krikke and Sandfort at the 3/4. That lineup makes very little sense.
He should play point guard/forward position & free up Perkins more. Get him more involved instead of just roaming around the perimeter. Too late now though.

I was previously agreeing that he should not play much. But he actually played his last 2 games pretty well. >10 pts and I think a few rebounds, maybe a couple of steals. That would be a good addition if he could keep that up.

I watched one of his rebounds last night fall into his hands with his back to the basket.

💯% concur.
Id rather see Braun spell Krikke/Freeman and get 3-4m a half and rebound and play D, as,long as he’s on floor with shooters
Btaun looks to be the 2nd best interior defender behind Freeman
give him PMac minutes and you see IOWA defense improve.

💯% concur.
Id rather see Braun spell Krikke/Freeman and get 3-4m a half and rebound and play D, as,long as he’s on floor with shooters
Btaun looks to be the 2nd best interior defender behind Freeman
give him PMac minutes and you see IOWA defense improve.
💯 agree with having Brauns in the game when Freeman is out. I love his physicality and defensive intensity. Everytime Freeman leaves the game our defense just falls apart. I’m pretty sure Nebraska made most of their runs when Freeman was out or very tired.

Reactions: KcTo
💯 agree with having Brauns in the game when Freeman is out. I love his physicality and defensive intensity. Everytime Freeman leaves the game our defense just falls apart. I’m pretty sure Nebraska made most of their runs when Freeman was out or very tired.
💯% agree that there are no free trips to the rim if Brauns is in the vicinity.
certianly won’t shrink away from contact like PMac does the above embedded video.

The announcers love to say Iowa makes more free throws than the other team attempts like it's a great statistic.
What it means in iowa's case, is that we play very little in the way of defense. We don't defend so we don't foul. You don't foul, teams don't go to the line.
We are all in on offense. Don't play defense to save energy for offense.

Reactions: Capital1Hawk
Interestingly enough, Jack McCaffery, a top 100-ish recruit midway through his junior year, has only 3 scholarship offers — Bryant, Butler, and Wake Forest.
CJ is averaging 24 minutes a game at Cincinnati and is shooting the ball fairly well although not as well as he did here.

Interestingly enough, Jack McCaffery, a top 100-ish recruit midway through his junior year, has only 3 scholarship offers — Bryant, Butler, and Wake Forest.
If he sticks to his initial decision to not play at Iowa I could see him going with Butler. Thad Matta and Fran didn’t have any beef. Connor would be in the area.

Reactions: Max_Rebo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT