ADVERTISEMENT

PSU/ASU tonight

JohnBasedow

HR Legend
Jul 6, 2006
I hate to start a PSU thread but this should be a good dual on ESPN 2. I think Zahid puts it on Mark Hall tonight. He beat him 8-2 last year, will he widen the gap?

Also, sounds like we could see Millhof bump up to 133 and take on RBY. It would be a good move and if he can pull off the W then the dual could come down to the wire. Courtney would likely win 125 easily still.

Also interested in Cenzo vs Shields as we haven’t seen that in College yet. Anyone know if they wrestled in HS and what the outcome was?

I’d be surprised if Zahid widens the gap, but I do expect a comfortable win.

I’d like to see Milhoff vs RBY, but think RBY is a pretty solid favorite. Milhoff was not an AA last year with losses to the likes of Schwarm and Mattin. He will be a step up in competition for RBY, but nowhere close to what he’ll face in the top 10 at 133.

Last edited:
Reactions: PD4thespawn
Is Anthony Valencia hurt or is he just JV behind Shields now?

Valencia had shoulder surgery awhile back according to his social media. I think he is either cleared or close to being cleared.

Valencia had shoulder surgery awhile back according to his social media. I think he is either cleared or close to being cleared.
Yeah, he was planning on doing a RS this year since his first one [true freshman season] was actually an Olympic redshirt. In the past month or so, he's posted on his twitter talking about how he's ready to get back on the mat THIS season. Who knows if it will happen though...

I always interpreted it as he was going to bump to 174 [for this year while rehabbing] and the rest of his career so Zahid could move up next season too.

Also interested in Cenzo vs Shields as we haven’t seen that in College yet. Anyone know if they wrestled in HS and what the outcome was?

While their high school's would have been at a few of the same events (Ironman, Powerade, Regionals, etc) I think it is unlikely that they wrestled each other in high school.
Cenzo was 103, 120, 138. 152
Shields was 132, 145, 152, 160

Cenzo wrestled Josh's teammates Maruca at 152 his senior year and Kemerer as both a junior and a frosh, but Shields was always a little heavier.

Reactions: JohnBasedow
While their high school's would have been at a few of the same events (Ironman, Powerade, Regionals, etc) I think it is unlikely that they wrestled each other in high school.
Cenzo was 103, 120, 138. 152
Shields was 132, 145, 152, 160

Cenzo wrestled Josh's teammates Maruca at 152 his senior year and Kemerer as both a junior and a frosh, but Shields was always a little heavier.

Correct, they trained together for a few years with Young Guns

Maruca looks like he needs to hit the weights (or at least tOSU’s tanning beds).

RBY was etched twice by Arujau this summer who was beat twice by Austin Gomez. A win over Milhoff doesn’t put him on par with Suriano, Micic, Gross.

Never said it did.. Just making a prediction chief...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT