ADVERTISEMENT

PSU/ASU tonight

mj-laughing.gif
Nolf, Nickal and Lee are the worst culprits

I think home mat advantage had to play a role in the Hall vs Valencia match too. Rec Hall (along with Carver-Hawkeye) is one of the best atmospheres in wrestling. I don't think you'll ever see those two wrestle and one of them accumulate somewhere near 3 minutes of riding time.

Reactions: MUTINEER
He is good no doubt but I would say he AAs around 5th

I think this is a solid call at this point in time. Speed, skill, and mat savvy are there, but I'm not convinced he has the horsepower to take out Suriano, Gross, or Micic. When his upper body matures, though, RBY will be devastating.

It’s not out of the question. I think he goes top 6 for sure and has the speed and tenacity to beat a few of those guys that you think he can’t. Would love to see him and Fix wrestle.
Working with Zain has helped his top game.

Agree that a match with Fix is intriguing -- at the end of the season, though, when RBY has had a chance to capture more of the typical freshman gain.

Reactions: tabenn
I think this is a solid call at this point in time. Speed, skill, and mat savvy are there, but I'm not convinced he has the horsepower to take out Suriano, Gross, or Micic. When his upper body matures, though, RBY will be devastating.

Agree that a match with Fix is intriguing -- at the end of the season, though, when RBY has had a chance to capture more of the typical freshman gain.
There is a good chance they hit at the scuffle.

Reactions: slushhead
Amazing stat....and I'm serious. Been watching wrestling a long time and PSU 157 to 197 has to be the all-time best 5 straight.
Would you take them over last year or 2 years ago 149-184? I wouldn’t. Basically it’s a swap of Zain for Rasheed. Psu’s 5 straight was better the last 2 years. Slightly.

Nope. 2 yrs ago. They had 5 champs in a row starting with 149
You're right. And Retherford (149) replacing Rashad (184) in the sequence is a plus...although Rashad doesn't look shabby right now. I think Iowa (1997) and Penn State (2017) are the only schools with 5 NCAA champions. Check me on that one.

You're right. And Retherford (149) replacing Rashad (184) in the sequence is a plus...although Rashad doesn't look shabby right now. I think Iowa (1997) and Penn State (2017) are the only schools with 5 NCAA champions. Check me on that one.
Oops. Didn't see you crablegs And I agree with you.

Nailed it
Would you take them over last year or 2 years ago 149-184? I wouldn’t. Basically it’s a swap of Zain for Rasheed. Psu’s 5 straight was better the last 2 years. Slightly.

Answer today is no. But we are before Christmas, on the crazy premise that sugar shocked the world and beat MyMar, well maybe because the other are all better than they were when that 5 won titles.

Plus that means Hall would have beaten Zahid twice in a year.

Thats all pretty remarkable. Not to mention all the other top quality quys between here and there.

He had a great exchange and in hindsight Zahid would have been wise to just give up the takedown and not put himself in a turk. Hall took advantage of that and took it out of Zahid.
0 - 0 match half way through second period. Zahid is in on a single that he has worked into a deep single position and he has Mark's weight off of him, and you think this is where he should have given up on the leg?

Reactions: danoftw
Maybe the Berge match.

A few times I thought “that’s not 45 degrees” on his counts
Cassar's, Bo's, Rasheed's Cenzo's, Nolf's, Lee's or RBY's? Where were swipes that should not be swipes?

The Berge match? The ref dinged Berge a point which provided Maruca an opportunity to win with a takedown. Berge consistently presented himself to Maruca. It wasn't like Berge wrestled in reverse and Maruca chased him all over the mat. Maruca had the reverse slide going all match and it was Berge who pursued. Maruca did outshoot Berge, but Berge was right there in Maruca's face.

Reactions: danoftw
Seeded 10th. For me, hard time seeing him win in 2nd rd. Good young wrestler in very, very hard weight class.

I MAY have jumped the gun... I can admit that. Would’ve been neat to see how he would have progressed in DGWC... : (

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT