ADVERTISEMENT

Restaurant customer leaves ethnic insult for Latina waitress instead of a tip

and this is the problem...management types and business owners have sold their souls for a sale, and its worse if a customer wastes resources or abuses customers because these corporate ladder types bend over so far backwards to accommodate them so the customer is "happy"....but hey, those sales look good on a spreadsheet, so we label ass kissing and taking shit from douchebags as "professional"

"customer service" is also one of these myths that businesses like to tout and do a good job demonstrating up through the point of money exchanging hands or business is acquired...and then its typically like pulling teeth for any sort of service when they have you on the hook.

I understand what you're saying, but the issue is the people. The people want it this way so therefore the corporations want it this way.

He thinks he's winning this, part of me feels a bit sorry for him, the other part thinks it's hilarious.

Outstanding.

Until you guys can disprove the reality that is corporate America, I'll just be sitting here...

charlie_sheen_winning.jpg

I do think there's a difference between how corporate America deals with this sort of thing vs. a small business owner.

Again, take a look at Yelp or TripAdvisor.

Sometimes, the small business owners will reply to bad reviews and go after the reviewer, call him a liar, and/or otherwise try to destroy the credibility of the review.

Big Corp never does that. Sometimes there will be a chirpy Corporate Social Media Coordinator inviting unhappy reviewers to give her a call, but that's about the most you ever see.

I understand what you're saying, but the issue is the people. The people want it this way so therefore the corporations want it this way.

yeah, people have developed a sense of entitlement and go into an establishment with a "the customer is always right" mentality (whoever coined that phrase should've been tied behind a horse and dragged through the streets) and think they can bully their way to get whatever they want...and the managers just go along with it and suck the customers ass, throwing employees under the bus if necessary to get that sale.

its why i have no desire to be a middle management schmuck (and have little respect for those types generally).

i typically agree with a lot of your points in various threads, but in this instance I would support any establishment that puts a difficult customer in a position to be embarrassed or ridiculed in defense of an employee.

yeah, people have developed a sense of entitlement and go into an establishment with a "the customer is always right" mentality (whoever coined that phrase should've been tied behind a horse and dragged through the streets) and think they can bully their way to get whatever they want...and the managers just go along with it and suck the customers ass, throwing employees under the bus if necessary to get that sale.

its why i have no desire to be a middle management schmuck (and have little respect for those types generally).

i typically agree with a lot of your points in various threads, but in this instance I would support any establishment that puts a difficult customer in a position to be embarrassed or ridiculed in defense of an employee.

Just for the record, I'm not taking sides in what reality should and shouldn't be. I'm just pointing out what reality is.

Just for the record, I'm not taking sides in what reality should and shouldn't be. I'm just pointing out what reality is.

i will agree with you to your point that the corporate world will bend over backwards to keep from irritating customers or to do anything that would cause an outrage from the public.

I do think in this particular instance, there may be some people who don't like what transpired, but more people will support their particular business (and rather than turn away from it for putting these particular scumbags in their place. maybe its because a smaller business. Usually, if its a bigger corporation, people like to find a reason to jump onto a boycott of that particular establishment.

and nobody really has problems of receipts posted in the "feel good" stories where somebody gives a huge, generous tip. If these particular customers just left no tip and the receipt was posted, then it would just look like sour grapes and whining (which it would suck to get stiffed on a tip, but you can't be shocked that it happened.

I do think there's a difference between how corporate America deals with this sort of thing vs. a small business owner.

Again, take a look at Yelp or TripAdvisor.

Sometimes, the small business owners will reply to bad reviews and go after the reviewer, call him a liar, and/or otherwise try to destroy the credibility of the review.

Big Corp never does that. Sometimes there will be a chirpy Corporate Social Media Coordinator inviting unhappy reviewers to give her a call, but that's about the most you ever see.

Your point is valid, however I think you're just trying to get your thread to 20 pages.

That's not very PC for a SJW.

Sorry, that post wasn't meant to be homophobic but just to say your linear thought in this thread wasn't of normal deviation. I don't care if you're gay or not. Yes, I've seen the movie and know what Billy Bob Thornton implies, I just like the quote.

Reactions: Raglefant

You've demonstrated ZERO evidence that this incident is having negative consequences for this business. None. Nada. Zip. If you can't produce...well...it wouldn't be surprising.

Let's see the calls for a boycott of the restaurant. Let's see the blow-up on social media. This is a high-profile case...if there was a negative backlash, there would be evidence. So...whatcha got, "buddy"?

You've demonstrated ZERO evidence that this incident is having negative consequences for this business. None. Nada. Zip. If you can't produce...well...it wouldn't be surprising.

Let's see the calls for a boycott of the restaurant. Let's see the blow-up on social media. This is a high-profile case...if there was a negative backlash, there would be evidence. So...whatcha got, "buddy"?

How about, instead of that, I send you a hobo's dick cheese?

Sorry, that post wasn't meant to be homophobic but just to say your linear thought in this thread wasn't of normal deviation. I don't care if you're gay or not. Yes, I've seen the movie and know what Billy Bob Thornton implies, I just like the quote.

So now we get to decide the meaning of the words we use? I though you guys didn't believe in intent.

I love how some of you think people "win" these threads. Puh-leeze!

If anything, Soup has trolled about 5 of you for 3-4 days and 17 pages.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT