ADVERTISEMENT

*****Rutgers vs Iowa Game Thread*****

Hawks about the only team that has figured out how to play against Rutgers' defense. One down, two to go in this homestand. Winning 4 of the next 5 is very possible, but let's handle the Mildcats Tuesday.

Reactions: Bishop1971
Great team effort - lots of contributions from a lot of guys. Ulis contributed a lot of points without the TO's this time. Perk didn't have a great game, but made some free throws down the stretch. Kris was Kris - incredible. Dix solid, CMac was awesome.

👍

Anything can happen in this league on any day or night and other than PU, teams are going to continue to beat up on one another.

If we can keep the roster full like it was today and still missing Josh O who would help as a big body against an Eddy, the only teams on the schedule left which are going to be really tough to beat imp is at PU and Indiana.....again, I know, things happen but this team seems to get really focused on the road and are bucket makers, the points like today can come from a lot different players plus we have the best in Kris............................that matters. Ulis gaining confidence and getting Pat back is HUGE....Great win today....let's get NW on Tuesday, short turnaround and in Evanston too.....

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
Anything can happen in this league on any day or night and other than PU, teams are going to continue to beat up on one another.

If we can keep the roster full like it was today and still missing Josh O who would help as a big body against an Eddy, the only teams on the schedule left which are going to be really tough to beat imp is at PU and Indiana.....again, I know, things happen but this team seems to get really focused on the road and are bucket makers, the points like today can come from a lot different players plus we have the best in Kris............................that matters. Ulis gaining confidence and getting Pat back is HUGE....Great win today....let's get NW on Tuesday, short turnaround and in Evanston too.....
Agree.

Not to nitpick, but the Hawks are home Tuesday.....and next Saturday!

Reactions: EduNeerHawk
24 points....not bad for a guy who can't handle physical defenses, or whatever nonsense was being spewed by a few on here after MSU. Great team win today
No doubt. Without question, Kris is a very good player. His biggest issue is trying to live up to the pre season expectations that he has to be Keegan part2. We all discussed this back in November. Still a game like the last one against MSU where your "Alpha" has 1 shot attempt , and no buckets in the second half of a back and forth one basket game, simply can't happen.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
I guess we can play him again in the BTT, but I've had enough of Mulcahey for Rutgers. Oh, I like a gritty guy, but he's pretty classless. Always yapping during Iowa's FT attempts. During one attempt he turned to the ref who called the technical on Rebraca and started waiving his arms and talking to him. Unfortunately the ref fell for it and started conversing with him. The Iowa shooter had the ball. STFU.

Reactions: DewHawk
They lost double digit leads, eventually getting down to 2, but didn't crumble. They kept it together and withstood every run, and fought back.

I believe the closest it got after half was Iowa +1. Rutgers had a chance to tie, but missed their second FT attempt.

Reactions: NI hawk
I went through the game thread, was there a good explanation on the Rebraca technical? He was getting worked over down low. I was looking at him when it was called. He was walking down the court with Perkins, talking to him over his right shoulder with the ref about 10 feet up and on his left. I could see that both Rebraca and Perkins were saying over and over something like, "He was talking to me/I was talking to him"!

Reactions: Bishop1971
I guess we can play him again in the BTT, but I've had enough of Mulcahey for Rutgers. Oh, I like a gritty guy, but he's pretty classless. Always yapping during Iowa's FT attempts. During one attempt he turned to the ref who called the technical on Rebraca and started waiving his arms and talking to him. Unfortunately the ref fell for it and started conversing with him. The Iowa shooter had the ball. STFU.
He is a dirty player as well IMO

24 points....not bad for a guy who can't handle physical defenses, or whatever nonsense was being spewed by a few on here after MSU. Great team win today
One of the best comments I saw after the MSU game is that the Hawks don't have a reliable scorer on the team. Kris is basically tied with Edey for 1st in the B1G in scoring. Apparently that's not reliable enough. 😕

ADVERTISEMENT