ADVERTISEMENT

Smalls gone as well?

Right. This is Willie be intentionally obtuse. It's not too difficult for a normal human to see Bob's comment was a - in my opinion ill advised - joke that would have been better kept to himself. Instead of just making a comment and moving on, Willie has to become Karen and start crusading. Both on the board and on Twitter, getting as many eyeballs on the comment as possible. Very "cancel culture" for a Trump guy.
Willie=drama queen.

Me Me Me Fainting GIF by Archie Comics

Little Willie, the same guy who unabashedly chases underage minors around at national tournaments to try and get "inside scoops". Yes I know this as a few of my former college teammate kids are in his "P4P" kids and are literally creeped out by the guy. And smalls, bring it bitch. If I really gave a shit, my sources would destroy yours but I actually have priorities and I'm not a narcissist bitch like you are...

underage minors, huh? as opposed to overage minors?

you're a lying sack. i don't chase anything. anyone who knows what they're talking about knows that when i'm at a tournament i sit on press row with a chew in all day. if i do talk to anyone, or want info, i ask their parents.

i've talked to the parents of half the hawkeye roster about their recruitment and other things and the majority of the time it's them seeking me out for advice and perspective.

but keep making disgusting and baseless accusations. you fit right in.

underage minors, huh? as opposed to overage minors?

you're a lying sack. i don't chase anything. anyone who knows what they're talking about knows that when i'm at a tournament i sit on press row with a chew in all day. if i do talk to anyone, or want info, i ask their parents.

i've talked to the parents of half the hawkeye roster about their recruitment and other things and the majority of the time it's them seeking me out for advice and perspective.

but keep making disgusting and baseless accusations. you fit right in.

Keep ducking me calling out your hypocrisy.

🦆 🦆

Reactions: T8KUDWN
Little Willie, the same guy who unabashedly chases underage minors around at national tournaments to try and get "inside scoops". Yes I know this as a few of my former college teammate kids are in his "P4P" kids and are literally creeped out by the guy. And smalls, bring it bitch. If I really gave a shit, my sources would destroy yours but I actually have priorities and I'm not a narcissist bitch like you are...
Oh shut up already

yes. i'm fat. which would be a very hurtful comment if...

• i was in 7th grade
• i wasn't the greatest mind in wrestling
• i wasn't living my best life
• it wasn't the only true barb listed in this entire thread that is nothing more than a crybaby fest

Greatest mind in wrestling is awfully disrespectful to the guys in rooms day to day coaching, the guys at USA wrestling trying to create conditions for Olympic golds, and more.

I’ll give you “amongst the best mind in wrestling media” but greatest mind in wrestling?

Although this is anecdotal, it's the best I could do to address the assertion:

this, however, is preposterous spin

I ski only very occasionally. I was too poor in youth with different priorities and limited opportunities. So I know little of "ski bum" culture. However, I personally know only one ski bum, who happens to be closer a contemporary of Bob's than I. He is my brother-in-law. His peak ski bum years were '78-'82 when a 'real job' interfered with his desire to go full-time ski bum. Without any context, I texted him whether he had heard the line/joke, and how he would read it. The following summarizes the exchange.

Have you ever heard this "ski bum" culture line/joke:
"You don't lose your girlfriend, just your turn."​

In your opinion, what is it a commentary on:
  1. There are no serious relationships or permanency in ski bum culture, so males shouldn't ascribe any when dating.
  2. No female ski bum is interested in getting serious when dating.
  3. Female ski bums are promiscuous (aka skanks).
Or something else.​

He answered:
  • His initial response would be #1.
  • He would add "or female" to the statement, although there were not that many female ski bums back then.
  • He would rank possible interpretations in the order I presented them.
  • He did know one female ski bum, and wouldn't have labeled her a "skank."
Eventually he asked why I asked, so I briefly explained. It seems to me the line could apply to similar dynamics where time in the environment is seen as short-lived, is largely lived in the moment, and there is a substantial disparity between the represented sexes.

If nothing else, I do my due diligence.

Edit: I had also asked him to spread 100% among possibilities. He just realized I asked and texted his opinion as follows:
1 - 60%
2 - 35%
3 - 5%.​
My work is done here.

Last edited:
I really wish, as a large donor, that you would have thicker skin. You are setting yourself up for ridicule. Is it that hard just to stay quiet and walk away? You don't make Iowa wrestling look good with your comments.
Sorry Dude, I get punched, I punch back. So, just because I donated some dough to build a building I have to take BS? Naw.

thanks, Bob.

when i get impassioned about speaking truth in wrestling i call it 'popping the clutch'. think of it like this:

the right handle is the power supply. the left handle is the clutch, which is the power delivery.

isn't that how you described your rent hikes to needy families after a pandemic?

Yes you are correct.

I'd let you apply for one of our apartments, but we're full up and I don't think you'd qualify.

I suggest you call the principal and complain about me. Maybe you can help me get my name off the room and onto the head so the guys can go take a "Nicolls". It's all I ever wanted.

Last edited:
Sorry Dude, I get punched, I punch back. So, just because I donated some dough to build a building I have to take BS? Naw.
You missed the point again. Keep your hands off the keypad and there won't be any BS to take. In other words, just keep you mouth shut.

I've never been to Presque Isle, not even to fish for steelhead or out of there for walleye on headboat. But my dad occasionally did.

Pymatuning Lake was our most regular camping "summer vacation" with the lion's share of the 10 of us. Road my bicycle to the Linesville Spillway and across the causeway from the campground.

Duck hunted Geneva swamps with my father thru high school including during the Pirates '79 World Series. Eventually our old family turtle back camper was permanently set in a campground near Conneaut Lake. From time to time my summer work buddies and I would drive to the campground to drink and spend a night or two.

As an adult I would buy an out of state PA hunting license and migratory waterfowl stamp, drive to Pittsburgh, then drive to the Pymatuning goose blinds whenever my father or his friend got a blind in the lottery.

Good times.

All of this about 20 miles south of Conneautville.
You should go and read about Perry beforehand. Great American, and used Nelson's tactics from Trafalgar to spank the British. Have dinner in Olivers overlooking the bay, go to the Maritime museum next door, see a replica of the Niagra, go to Misery Bay and the Hannah museum for a good full day.

The scenario seems like it's about right...

Reactions: WEH8ST8HAWK
Well, this thread has seems to have touched a nerve with Uncle Fester. Who knows – it might even have legs as long as a Brody Grothus thread.

We Hawkeye fans bicker and squabble about this, that, and the other, but YOU have the ability to bring us all together with your (in)famous diplomacy and "journalistic" skills. Please keep posting (sh*t) on this thread. Never change. ;)

Yes you are correct.

I'd let you apply for one of our apartments, but we're full up and I don't think you'd qualify.

I suggest you call the principal and complain about me. Maybe you can help me get my name off the room and onto the head so the guys can go take a "Nicolls". It's all I ever wanted.
The two aren’t necessarily mutually exclusive.😉

I’m extremely disheartened to learn because I’ve never subscribed to Willie’s “show” I don’t know anything about wrestling

I’ve missed out on the greatest mind in wrestling’s fountain of knowledge and I’m much less a fan because of it……. a casual fan

this casual fan can often be heard hollering stalling at Carver….. I’ve had a few people that watch on tv tell me they can hear me but yea I’m a casual fan

I’m torn between almost feeling bad watching the guy bury himself between here and twitter and hoping he just goes away…… he’s like a gnat at this point …… or probably a cockroach is more appropriate…… you can’t kill those things….. but I bet Bob has a good exterminator 😂

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT