ADVERTISEMENT

Some Fans are disappointing

BAE94

Team MVP
Gold Member
Dec 13, 2010
It really bothers me when fans boo. I wonder if they believe they are helping the situation? Being a parent of two successful D1 student athletes, I never once booed my children when they didn’t perform well.
Do they think they are helping are potential recruits in the stands decide to come to Iowa if they are going to be booed? Sorry, just had to vent.

Agreed, it's one thing to be frstrated and post in a random internet message board, but booing your own team is about the dumbest, most ironic thing one can do. People who boo want better results, but are too dumb to realize that their booing shows up on national TV and, potentially, to recruits in the stands.

I don't boo players. I boo coaches stupidity. So, like at the Wisconsin game at Iowa in 2010 when Wisconsin did a a fake point, I booed. C'mon, our multi $million dollar coach and his umpteen years of coaching should have seen it coming. Wisconsin trailing 30-24, less than 7 minutes to go, 4th and 4 from their own 26, faked a punt and went on to win the game. I could smell that fake punt coming from the other end of the field.

I don't boo players. I boo coaches stupidity. So, like at the Wisconsin game at Iowa in 2010 when Wisconsin did a a fake point, I booed. C'mon, our multi $million dollar coach and his umpteen years of coaching should have seen it coming. Wisconsin trailing 30-24, less than 7 minutes to go, 4th and 4 from their own 26, faked a punt and went on to win the game. I could smell that fake punt coming from the other end of the field.
Man 11 years ago and your balls are still burning about that. Ages ago now.

Games really never hinge on just one play.

It really bothers me when fans boo. I wonder if they believe they are helping the situation? Being a parent of two successful D1 student athletes, I never once booed my children when they didn’t perform well.
Do they think they are helping are potential recruits in the stands decide to come to Iowa if they are going to be booed? Sorry, just had to vent.
Theyre not booing players, theyre booing play calling. Being a fan doesnt mean you support all actions - quite the opposite actually.

Are you the guy that yells "Watch the fake" just before every punt? Are you that guy that yells "He was wide open" even when it's a running play? I sat in the South End Zone for 8 years and there was always that guy who could just smell what play was coming up.

I call bullshit on the thread.

The best part about being a college athlete is looking into the stands and knowing those people paid thier money to come watch you perform. As soon as they pay you go from "fun game I love playing" to "entertainer." I don't care if they paid 5 bucks to watch you at a Juco or 1000 to come watch the rosebowl. You are an entertainer and just like any industry if someone feels like they are not getting an ROI they will let you know it. If you can't take fans chirping you have a mental weakness, just like the guy who didn't make it because it was more important for him to focus on social shit Instead of the game. If you think this is bad now, get out, it is only going to get worse as these guys get paid NIL.

The 3rd and 9 run the fullback was a real beauty as well. Why do we give up?!?! Play to win the damn game!!!

Reactions: Clownhater
To each his own … But yeah, not a fan of booing. Now, do I quietly mutter expletives under my breath? Absolutely.

It’s a game. As in life.. some decisions and actions in life work, and some do not. Booing coaches and/or players over a call, etc., is not high the list of “things I must do when attending an Iowa game.”

The players and coaches are human. We all f@&& up some times.

The best part about being a college athlete is looking into the stands and knowing those people paid thier money to come watch you perform. As soon as they pay you go from "fun game I love playing" to "entertainer." I don't care if they paid 5 bucks to watch you at a Juco or 1000 to come watch the rosebowl. You are an entertainer and just like any industry if someone feels like they are not getting an ROI they will let you know it. If you can't take fans chirping you have a mental weakness, just like the guy who didn't make it because it was more important for him to focus on social shit Instead of the game. If you think this is bad now, get out, it is only going to get worse as these guys get paid NIL.
You should hear me rip those 8 year old basketball players that dribble the ball off their foot, just because I paid $5 to get into the tournament and I demand entertainment.

You didn't fix jack shit, you ****in moron. Both players and coaches did ran off to boos.

Who do you think will be negatively impacted by boos? Our 66-year-old stubborn head coach, or the 18 to 22 year olds?

My rule of thumb is if the price of the ticket for whatever event you are attending costs more than a deep dish pizza, you may boo to your hearts delight.

You should hear me rip those 8 year old basketball players that dribble the ball off their foot, just because I paid $5 to get into the tournament and I demand entertainment.
Just make sure you are explaining to the 8 year old athlete how few people have the talent that anyone watches them play. If they have the mental make up to make the grind, they will embrace the hate.

I don't see a problem with it as most Iowa fans in Kinnick who boo are doing so in order to let the coaching staff know what's up. The players hear it and respond. It doesn't happen often at Kinnick, so an occasional boo is ok every now and again. Not like it's a weekly thing and fans are so negative and jaded that it's part of a toxic environment.

And it was a really stupid thing to do, regardless of how much you try to justify it.

We had the wind at our back with a strong armed QB and didn't throw a jump ball......... too sexy.
I guess that’s why there were boos. I didn’t hate the call knowing that Iowa was going to be getting the ball back in the third quarter and fresh off a turnover leading to an opposing touchdown. Minimize damage?

This is extremely weak. Just another attempt to rationalize idiotic behavior by some fans who aren't mature enough to show some respect to their own players and coaches.

And news flash -- every player and every coach is doing everything he can to win for those same idiots who are just positive they have all of the answers.

How does one do directional booing so that only the intended party understands that the booing is directed to them?
I’ll hang up and listen.
Proper etiquette states that when you boo towards a coach/coaching staff you're supposed to hold up a red flag/card. When booing a player you hold up a yellow flag/card. When done this way there is no confusion. That's a true story I just made up.

(All jokes for those that can't see that I'm not being serious)

• Haha
Reactions: unoHawkeye
This is extremely weak. Just another attempt to rationalize idiotic behavior by some fans who aren't mature enough to show some respect to their own players and coaches.

And news flash -- every player and every coach is doing everything he can to win for those same idiots who are just positive they have all of the answers.
EL OH EL.

So fragile.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT