ADVERTISEMENT

Starting line up

Aug 17, 2007
How do native Iowans feel about half the starting line up being from PA and no Iowans in the starting line up?

125 - PA
133 - PA
141 - PA
149 - FL
157 - PA
165 - OH
174 - PA
184 - IL
197 - IL
285 - IL

Reactions: Jrjt0518
How do native Iowans feel about half the starting line up being from PA and no Iowans in the starting line up?

125 - PA
133 - PA
141 - PA
149 - FL
157 - PA
165 - OH
174 - PA
184 - IL
197 - IL
285 - IL
Being from Iowa I dont care at all. Its seems like only people who are fans of other teams care about it. Its the University of Iowa, not the Iowa All-Star team.

giphy.gif

125 - PA
133 - PA
141 - PA
149 - FL
157 - PA
165 - OH
174 - PA
184 - IL
197 - IL
285 - IL

I’m not positive that I could care less than I currently do. I guess I look at it as when they put the black and gold singlet on, they’re as Iowan as I need them to be.

Reactions: Gutzy

125 - PA
133 - PA
141 - PA
149 - FL
157 - PA
165 - OH
174 - PA
184 - IL
197 - IL
285 - IL

How do native Pennsylvanians feel about 70% of PSU's starting lineup being from out-of-state?

Kinda weird that 5 kids who are saving Hawkeye wrestling come from a state that didnt even know the sport existed 10 years ago..

You're missing the point. The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania has always produced great wrestling talent. It's PSU fans that think the sport started 10 years ago. "Pennsylvania" and "PSU fans" are not the same thing.

125 - PA
133 - PA
141 - PA
149 - FL
157 - PA
165 - OH
174 - PA
184 - IL
197 - IL
285 - IL

Love the fact that even though they are from different states, they grew up with IOWA wrestling posters on their walls and knew this was where they wanted to be.

They weren't lucky enough to be born here, but they were smart enough to know this was home.

Would really suck to be from one of these states and watch as these studs choose Iowa over the in-state programs. Must really suck to be you.

Last edited:

125 - PA
133 - PA
141 - PA
149 - FL
157 - PA
165 - OH
174 - PA
184 - IL
197 - IL
285 - IL
Like many states Iowa has up years and down years with talent. You don’t recruit a guy just because he is from a certain state. Also with all the streaming video and info on multi state tournaments like Fargo, super 32, Ironman ect - coaches can hunt down top talent easier. If the talent is in Alaska - M* should have a plane ticket day one of recruiting. PSU fans gonna get so sad week after week. Carl’s run is over. But by all means keep the crying going.

PSU has 3 times the number of kids from Pennsylvania than Iowa does. Aside from that, spot on post.

...and Cael would trade almost all of those kids from Pennsylvania (save for Cenzo and Starocci) for the five in Iowa's starting lineup if he could.

This whole thing is dumb. Cael doesn't care where they're from, and neither does any other coach.

125 - PA
133 - PA
141 - PA
149 - FL
157 - PA
165 - OH
174 - PA
184 - IL
197 - IL
285 - IL
pretty damn good!!! Who cares where they come from. Look at other teams that have won it. Not that different!!!

Reactions: Gutzy
A Texas kid saved penn st a couple of years ago. Maybe Carl should have recruited the pa kids that Iowa has. That’s his problem not Iowa’s. Go hawks great match today. Soon to be national champs.

Last edited:
Reactions: ih8iast8
A Texas kid saved penn st a couple of years ago. Maybe Carl should have recruited the pa kids that Iowa has. That’s his problem not Iowa’s. Go hawks great match today. Soon to national champs.
No. Im perfectly happy with the PA kids Cael brought in opposed to the ones Tom got these past 10 years. Thanks tho...

125 - PA
133 - PA
141 - PA
149 - FL
157 - PA
165 - OH
174 - PA
184 - IL
197 - IL
285 - IL
Looks like Illinois is giving Pennsylvania some competition for most iowa recruits from a single state

Well go back to where you belong. Apparently it’s not here. Your a bitter fan who is spending time here because your team is down this year.
No. You all said PSU fans would disappear when Iowa get back on top. If that happens, theres no way in hell I'm going to be the one proving them to be right.

The only thing that sucks is that in state scholarships are cheaper.

I think it should be noted that many of both Iowa’s and PSU’s wrestlers and some big time point scorers out of PA came from one wrestling club.

coached by a Hawkeye for that matter.

Reactions: 24 so far
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT