ADVERTISEMENT

Steveson

We have women’s amateur wrestling, so it may be time for midget amateur wrestling. Probably wouldn’t have to suffer through long boring leg rides😉😉😉
I immediately pictured a midget hitting a superduck, and now can't get that visual out of my head. Sign me up for season tickets.

Reactions: natchrlman
Sunday nite's NXT Great American Bash didn't go too well for GS...fans were apparently screaming "You're not Angle" during his match against some guy and his career starting out kinda rough.

LOL...he'll wash out in the pro circuit is my guess.
Bleacher Report just said he had a great pro wrestling debut so you may be a bit biased and mistaken, perhaps?

Bleacher Report just said he had a great pro wrestling debut so you may be a bit biased and mistaken, perhaps?
I read Bleacher Report as well. It said nothing about a great debut.
Actually they said the opposite.

I’m telling you… I just read the article about the article concerning the non-event.

Btw, Bleacher Report said he, “was hugely successful and held his own…”

qi-fight.gif

• Haha
Reactions: el dub
I read Bleacher Report as well. It said nothing about a great debut.
Actually they said the opposite.
Mitch… you’re kinda being a lying bitch.

Full quote at the end of the article about the actual match:

“Steveson was hugely impressive and held his own against an established veteran in his first match, which suggests big things are in his future in NXT.”

Mitch… you’re kinda being a lying bitch.

Full quote at the end of the article about the actual match:

“Steveson was hugely impressive and held his own against an established veteran in his first match, which suggests big things are in his future in NXT.”
Bullshit.

Read your last sentence. It states big things in his future in NXT. The NXT is like AAA baseball.
He is apparently no where near the WWE(Big League)
You're the lying bitch for taking his situation out of context.
Try again.

• Haha
Reactions: derekforhawks
Read the Twitter leaves on this and there was a lot of negativity...especially with the SA accusations from fans. I guess the guy he was wrestling was a heel and there were cheers for him in the crowd. Personally, I think Gable would be a great heel...he did it well his freshman/soph year. IRL, seems like a nice guy so we'll see.

Bullshit.

Read your last sentence. It states big things in his future in NXT. The NXT is like AAA baseball.
Try again.
Big things!!

Reactions: Section25
Bullshit.

Try again.
Bro… that’s wasn’t the context of the article OR the argument.

Unless words mean something different where you learned them -

HUGELY IMPRESSIVE and BIG THINGS IN HIS FUTURE is a pretty damn high vote of confidence. Yes, it’s the minor leagues - no one was arguing that point numb nuts.

Last edited:

According to social media it didn't go well for Steveson. Bleacher Report may be praising him, but in the eyes of public opinion he's getting his ass kicked.

And those comments are even worse in the other tweet.

And of course BR is going to love it. They have a staff dedicated to pumping out content covering WWE, they won't openly bash what's getting them clicks.

That was embarrassing.

Reactions: so cal hawkfan

According to social media it didn't go well for Steveson. Bleacher Report may be praising him, but in the eyes of public opinion he's getting his ass kicked.

And those comments are even worse in the other tweet.

And of course BR is going to love it. They have a staff dedicated to pumping out content covering WWE, they won't openly bash what's getting them clicks.

That was embarrassing.
**** social media.

• Haha
Reactions: el dub
Bro… that’s wasn’t the context of the article OR the argument.

Unless words mean something different where you learned them -

HUGELY IMPRESSIVE and BIG THINGS IN HIS FUTURE is a pretty damn high vote of confidence. Yes, it’s the minor leagues - no one was arguing that point numb nuts.
While I have no dog in the fight in this current pissing match, saying big things in his future in NXT does not mean big things in his future in the WWE. Kind of like saying this pitcher is going to do great things in Triple A.

As much as I hate the fact that with this next statement that means winter is just around the corner, I really look forward to October so there can be some actual somewhat meaningful discussion about Iowa wrestling.

Reactions: T8KUDWN
Son of a bitch …..Steveson played us for publicity to sell that nonsense AND has us arguing among ourselves…….pretty effective trolling 😎

and my question is how can anyone know judge his performance…… how do you judge theater?

While I have no dog in the fight in this current pissing match, saying big things in his future in NXT does not mean big things in his future in the WWE. Kind of like saying this pitcher is going to do great things in Triple A.

As much as I hate the fact that with this next statement that means winter is just around the corner, I really look forward to October so there can be some actual somewhat meaningful discussion about Iowa wrestling.
No one was disputing that. Mitchdumbdumb said the bleacher report said "the exact opposite"

He let his own opinion of Gable's view allow him to completely misread words. Had he just said, "hey, BR is going to be complimentary, they have to," - we all would have moved on. Put to put a stake in the ground that the article somehow meant/read differently than how it was actually written was just wrong.

And you're right. Ready for the gambling sanctions to hit so we can move on and get to some real IOWA wrestling news.

No one was disputing that. Mitchdumbdumb said the bleacher report said "the exact opposite"

He let his own opinion of Gable's view allow him to completely misread words. Had he just said, "hey, BR is going to be complimentary, they have to," - we all would have moved on. Put to put a stake in the ground that the article somehow meant/read differently than how it was actually written was just wrong.

And you're right. Ready for the gambling sanctions to hit so we can move on and get to some real IOWA wrestling news.
Just an fyi...Monday morning I googled Great American Bash 2023 and got story the BR story I referenced. You don't have to believe me because I really DGAF.
Peace, brother.

Son of a bitch …..Steveson played us for publicity to sell that nonsense AND has us arguing among ourselves…….pretty effective trolling 😎

and my question is how can anyone know judge his performance…… how do you judge theater?
The same way you judge the performance in a movie.

Quentin Tarantino will go down as one of the all time great directors, but in terms of his acting chops? Not so much.

Regrettably I'd watch Rob Schneider over Steveson in the ring any day. Barf.

The same way you judge the performance in a movie.

Quentin Tarantino will go down as one of the all time great directors, but in terms of his acting chops? Not so much.

Regrettably I'd watch Rob Schneider over Steveson in the ring any day. Barf.
He will? Says who? Big Reservoir Dogs fan, but A LOT of his stuff has been rinse and repeat ever since…

Lol. QT is the most original writer/director of his generation. Maybe the best too...except for maybe Nolan and a few others.
I was thinking it was him that wrote and directed The Devils Rejects. I Googled and had forgotten it was Rob Zombie.
His movies are screwed up lol
I had forgotten about him and a few months ago it happened to come on and I watched it again.
Not comparing the two in any way.
Zombie is a freak.
If you like weird movies watch "The Platform"
You are discussing a great director and I have turned the post into depravity. Lol
Classic cesspool.

Last edited:
He will? Says who? Big Reservoir Dogs fan, but A LOT of his stuff has been rinse and repeat ever since…
It's a subjective take for sure, but he's listed on almost ever major list, plus he's one of the very few to dabble in acting, which worked for my comparison.

But my major issue with your statement is that Reservoir Dogs was his 1st film. So how is his entire career (1992-present) "rinse and repeat"?

Makes me think you haven't seen anything else or don't know jack shit or both.

I’m hungry for pizza. I wish there was a place where I could get it cheap and fast, like at a filthy convenience store.

Lol. QT is the most original writer/director of his generation. Maybe the best too...except for maybe Nolan and a few others.
Nolan gets my “most original” vote. Memento broke my brain, decades ago, and he only got better. Being blackballed by Hollyhype (the “real” cesspool) in the Oscars is expected since his intellect and imagination runs rings around all of them.

It's a subjective take for sure, but he's listed on almost ever major list, plus he's one of the very few to dabble in acting, which worked for my comparison.

But my major issue with your statement is that Reservoir Dogs was his 1st film. So how is his entire career (1992-present) "rinse and repeat"?

Makes me think you haven't seen anything else or don't know jack shit or both.
It’s the format especially and then a bunch of wasted fill time with irrelevant banter that he must believe makes him seem enlightened.

So many of his films use the same scattered time lines bouncing all over the place like he belongs in the current Marvel movies universe. It went from unique to tired and overused.

I have watched A LOT of movies in my lifetime, including all of his. With that said, I don’t think he is bad. I just wouldn’t consider him at, or near, the top.

To put it another way, would you put Cory Clark with the likes of Sanderson, Dake and Gable? He was really good, but I couldn’t put him near their level and the same goes for QT when considering the best ever…

A lot of his stuff comes from old spaghetti westerns and over the top kung fu films. Do some research and you can find some serious source materials for most of his films. Mind you, most of today’ films are adaptations or direct knockoffs of one or even a small combination of films.

“Most original” is like a 5’4” guys bragging about being the tallest in a room of 5’3” guys!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT